Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Some Shadowrun? (Homebrew rules)  (Read 14062 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Some Shadowrun? (Homebrew rules)
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 04:36:19 pm »

i remember there being a occupancy limit table some where  :-\

or mabye we just assumed that the 7 runner party could fit in a sedan if the decker got shoved in the trunk/decker-cocoon
What if three of the runners are trolls?

well troll take up the space of two people, so you'll need a bigger car
We could get a battle bus.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 04:40:43 pm »

Because local law isn't going to notice that...

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 05:15:29 pm »

If there's still space and you don't mind a newcomer to Shadowrun, I'd be interested in joining. :3
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 05:22:13 pm »

I'm interested. My entire experience with shadowrun is Shadowrun:Dragonfall, so that might not be great. But hey, why not?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »

If you're interested, say what type of role you'd like to play.  I'm going to kind of nerf spellcasters and completely neuter deckers - for those unaware, there's a part of the game where you can plug yourself into a computer and have encounters in nanoseconds.  The problem with deckers is they enter the computer, and then the rest of the party stands around waiting for the GM and the decker to have their adventure, and only one person has fun.  So deeper matrix interaction is going to be a bit hobbled, but hacking and data mining is still going to be viable.  Magic I'm just going to tone down, there's tons of rules about like, astral travel and such that get a little boggy...

EDIT: I'll also be using modified rules for initiative.  Under normal rules, whoever scores highest goes first, and if they have items like Wired Reflexes, they get to go a second time after everyone else has already gone.  Instead, I'll be borrowing a bit from 1st ed rules - if you score more than 7 initiative, then you get your turn, as well as subtract 7 and get another turn.  So you roll a 7 you get to go on init 7.  You roll an 8, you get to go on init 8 and again on init 1.  Any equipment that normally gives you an extra round, instead gives you a +7 dice pool.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:58:35 pm by Girlinhat »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 05:58:44 pm »

I'm not sure what role to play, but I was trying to find a sneaky sniper type.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 05:59:25 pm »

The problem with deckers is they enter the computer, and then the rest of the party stands around waiting for the GM and the decker to have their adventure, and only one person has fun.

I actually like how Shadowrun Returns handles it. There are either two or three matrix turns per meatspace turn, which keeps with the whole "this is all mental" thing while not making everyone wait for the entire encounter to resolve.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 06:04:36 pm »

The problem with deckers is they enter the computer, and then the rest of the party stands around waiting for the GM and the decker to have their adventure, and only one person has fun.

I actually like how Shadowrun Returns handles it. There are either two or three matrix turns per meatspace turn, which keeps with the whole "this is all mental" thing while not making everyone wait for the entire encounter to resolve.
My plan was to give them a number of actions based on their code score thing, and let them take that many matrix actions per turn.  So they could be hacking something and make three dice rolls in a turn if it's difficult, or they could hack a camera, use the camera to see where the enemy is, and hack a steam vent to explode, which would consume two or three of their actions.  But yeah, normal rules have like The Matrix as the movie, where you have a computer form and a host of rules on matrix combat - none of that nonsense.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 06:05:48 pm »

How is character creation handled (Build Points, and the like)?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 06:14:36 pm »

Go download Chummer.  We'll just stick with 400BP and 'reasonable' restrictions.  For backstory purposes, you're intended to have a lower-to-middle class upbringing and have 1-2 previous runs under your belt, with perhaps a bit of like drug dealing or other petty criminal activity.  So, you can afford a handful of illegal items, like a decent gun or such, but don't expect to have anything beastly, like assault cannons or armored vehicles...  It'll mostly be a matter of what I'll sign off on, but you know how to be reasonable, even if you don't act like it :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 06:28:43 pm »

What would I have to do to get a hold of some kind of DMR small enough to hide in a trenchcoat, with a silencer, and what kind of hitting power would it have?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 06:36:12 pm »

What would I have to do to get a hold of some kind of DMR small enough to hide in a trenchcoat, with a silencer, and what kind of hitting power would it have?
Run a few games and get it rewarded :P  I'll give you some extra chances to obtain it if you're going for a particular goal more than others, and perhaps set up missions where you might obtain it.  But a Designated Marksman Rifle is a tad large to fit into a trenchcoat, unless you're a troll, and silencers are rather strictly controlled.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 06:38:42 pm »

Run a few games and get it rewarded :P  I'll give you some extra chances to obtain it if you're going for a particular goal more than others, and perhaps set up missions where you might obtain it.  But a Designated Marksman Rifle is a tad large to fit into a trenchcoat, unless you're a troll, and silencers are rather strictly controlled.
Alright, any suggestions of something rifle-y which isn't in Nope City :P?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 07:42:32 pm »

I'll likely join up either playing a Decker or just straight up Muscle of some variation (Either physadept or street sammy). It depends mostly on how you're handling all the matrix changes.

Should I do something in particular beyond post interest here? Like, toss you an email adress/skype details/my firstborn son/etc?
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 08:02:22 pm »

The setting is going to be the super-fictional settlement of New Druby - even more fictional than normal Shadowrun settings!  Essentially, it's a hardened military complex that a city sprawled out of, so there's inner walls of a modern day fortress and tower guns and everything, then a lower height city built around it, with a short outer wall that's mostly just for looks.  The civilians like the protection of the fortress, and the fortress enjoys infinite recruit options and being able to use the town as a buffer zone if they're ever attacked.

Because of this, there's a spattering of military grade equipment circulating the population, but also some heavy military patrols - not just police activity but full military.  Being armed isn't a big deal, because the civilian population isn't governed by the fort, and the makeshift government allows guns, but being heavily armed is a big deal as the fort will consider it a hostile assault at their doors.

Right now I think getting me on Steam would be the best bet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6