Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Some Shadowrun? (Homebrew rules)  (Read 14037 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Some Shadowrun? (Homebrew rules)
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:27 pm »

"Unfortunately New Druby is a military state.  There are no provisions FOR alternative transportation.  Guilty."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2015, 08:02:26 pm »

*snipes tribunal, declares self dictator*

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 10:27:14 pm »

fantastic, we haven't even started and we're already doing a run

however it brings up a good question, do you have a good cut off in mind for what things are legal / restricted(requiring a license) / illegal?

like, are anti-thief system legal, restricted, or illegal?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:46:32 pm by uber pye »
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2015, 11:20:56 pm »

You'll pretty much have to run it by me, because my setting is entirely different from normal Shadowrun.  Normally, it's assumed you're a citizen in a normal city with police.  Here, you're in a city built on the foothills of a mega-fortress, with military police.  Some items will be available, as military equipment naturally trickles into the black market, while other stuff won't be, because the military said so.  The military at once wants the population armed, because they recruit from the city and if they're attacked by hostiles then the city itself can serve as a buffer zone, and at the same time wants to avoid letting the population be too armed, because that's the same as having hostiles on your doorstep.  Things that are a risk to the military (anti-material explosives, silencers, stealth weapons) are much more highly illegal and cracked down hard, while things that are a risk to invaders (heavy pistols, fortified structures, aggressive anti-theft) are not only legal, but perhaps easier to acquire.

So, ask me about it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 05:46:59 am »

I want to dress my shotgun in a leather trenchcoat. By the way, girlinhat, I'm that TomDoubtley weirdo that's trying to friend you on steam.
Love, scriver~

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 06:14:58 am »

So: Anti-infantry tank- legal Anti-armor tank-illegal.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:52 am »

so now that we have a working party size, should we try to scheduled a game or wait for more?

X-MAS TIME!!!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2015, 09:49:53 pm »

so now that we have a working party size, should we try to scheduled a game or wait for more?
I still need people to submit their characters.  I've gotten one so far, which is slightly incomplete.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2015, 10:04:18 pm »

I still need people to submit their characters.  I've gotten one so far, which is slightly incomplete.
How do you want them, then?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2015, 11:55:30 pm »

Save the character in chummer and get it to me somehow, like dropbox or something.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2015, 05:12:29 am »

I'm still fiddling at mine. There's so much stuff! I want all of it. I think somebody earlier or in another thread said that shadowrunner "rewards specialization". Does this mean the opposite us true and that choosing to spread out a little would very counter-productive? I'm also thinking of making him an Orc, which I guess won't be the best fit. But orcs are fun!
Love, scriver~

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2015, 05:53:33 am »

Being a utility character isn't bad, by any means.  It just means playing smarter.  A sword-orc can be pretty simple, because when they start hacking the orc sits still, and when it's diplomacy the orc sits still, and when there's a door the orc knows what he needs to do and it's easy.  If you're well-rounded, then you have to know when to act and when to defer, and what actions to take, if any.  If you're confident in your ability to think on your feet and roleplay quickly, then a well-rounded character can be amazing, and can pull whole missions on their own.  If you're new to the system, understand that you don't always reach snap decisions, or you just want to run a simpler character, then there's nothing wrong with playing a single-purpose character who can do that one thing really good and know how to really do that and concern yourself with that.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2015, 04:36:40 pm »

So I've got 4-ish characters in.  And I'll be honest that I don't remember who has what characters.  Everyone's got a B12 name, then a Steam name, then a different character :P  So!  Here's my ultimatum now.  Game's intended to be played on Saturdays around 6pm Central Time (GMT -6:00) on roll20,net using voice chat.  If you can make this, then message me and remind me who you are and/or submit your character.  If you can't make this, then that's fine.  If I don't have enough people for a game by Saturday, then I'm going to start posting around on reddit and /tg/ and whatever other places looking to recruit people.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2015, 05:58:34 pm »

I'm the orc driver-hacker, and TomDoubtley on steam.

And to the rest of you, my character is one of those almost finished, the only thing I've got left is the finishing touches. I've made an orc who can drive stuff and shoot things with shotguns (and also beat things with sticks) and also hack stuff on the side (but I'm not 100% on how efficiently). I dropped the rigger part, it was too much information to take in at once.

Anyway, since I'm finishing up his backstory soon, is anyone interested in creating a linked background? Having done jobs together before, maybe? Girlinhat, could you ask your friend as well?
Love, scriver~

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2015, 09:17:23 pm »

I'm the orc driver-hacker, and TomDoubtley on steam.

And to the rest of you, my character is one of those almost finished, the only thing I've got left is the finishing touches. I've made an orc who can drive stuff and shoot things with shotguns (and also beat things with sticks) and also hack stuff on the side (but I'm not 100% on how efficiently). I dropped the rigger part, it was too much information to take in at once.

Anyway, since I'm finishing up his backstory soon, is anyone interested in creating a linked background? Having done jobs together before, maybe? Girlinhat, could you ask your friend as well?

what kind of car did ya get and did ya get mod on it?

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6