Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: The Dark Star (Space game) [Who are "Them?"]  (Read 53500 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Star (Space game) [Through the Horizon...]
« Reply #435 on: February 24, 2015, 01:11:04 am »

Averus walks down to Cathylen's lab, grumbling.

EuropeanDorf

• Bay Watcher
  • alchemy too stronk pls nerf
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 24, 2015, 11:04:35 am »

((RL happened.
And there was nothing.
Nothingness! Yay!))

"...well, that happened."

She turns around to see a point of light.

"Light... At this moment, I can only speculate what does this mean."

((...right? Because nobody has done this before... right?

Also, black holes. How do they work!? (╯°□°)╯︵ () ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2015, 11:28:20 am »

If this occurs to nobody else, use the space telescope we have to get an image of that light and analyze it.

OR BETTER YET, badger the astronomer to do it. If she doesn't feel like it, try it myself with guidance from the AI.

"...well, that happened."

She turns around to see a point of light.

"Light... At this moment, I can only speculate what does this mean."

"Look alive, meat-thing! Stop looking at that wall and go work the telescope to get a closer look at the damn light!"

EuropeanDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2015, 12:16:54 pm »

((How fast are we traveling right now?

Approaching FTL causes some funky views, like red/blue-shifting depending on POV, or light behaving weirdly.))

"...are you referring to me? [looks puzzled] I don't think my biology includes that."

((I don't think her biology qualifies for flesh. :P))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2015, 12:22:15 pm »

"...are you referring to me? [looks puzzled] I don't think my biology includes that."

"I'm looking at you, talking at you and belittling you for your incredible denseness as we speak, not that anyone appreciates the effort. No, clearly I must be talking to Indigo over in the next room."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 24, 2015, 01:33:30 pm »

There's a faint cursing from said room. Something that doesn't quite translate into any other languages apparently.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:34 pm »

Ebony macall scurries frantically torwards the lockers full of emergency equipment, and proceeds to put on a pressure suit as was advised by the ai. after the helmet clicked he remembered to clip his holster to his suit and meticulously check any sensitive equipment in chem lab before reporting in  for a assumingly required physical examination from one of the ships several biologists.
(NOTE: as per my last post, the crew has discovered that there was, fortunately, no hull breach.)

((How fast are we traveling right now?

Approaching FTL causes some funky views, like red/blue-shifting depending on POV, or light behaving weirdly.))
((Velocity is unknown at the moment. It is impossible to determine velocity without a reference point, and the rest of the universe seems to be invisible from here.))

((Post what stuff happens in coming later. On another note, there is a post on page 6 with links to (almost) everyone's characters.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2015, 03:40:29 pm »

Shamus decides to put on his space suit. After that he goes to the medic's office in preparation for an examination

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 24, 2015, 06:56:34 pm »

Ebony macall scurries frantically torwards the lockers full of emergency equipment, and proceeds to put on a pressure suit as was advised by the ai. after the helmet clicked he remembered to clip his holster to his suit and meticulously check any sensitive equipment in chem lab before reporting in  for a assumingly required physical examination from one of the ships several biologists.
(NOTE: as per my last post, the crew has discovered that there was, fortunately, no hull breaches)
ok same action but with out the suit part

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2015, 06:13:56 am »

(OOC question: In planning thread, AI was supposed to get a name eventually, but I think this may have been forgotten OOC. I'm sure it would have been asked IC at some point in the past 5 months or during mission planning, not necessarily by all the crew, but someone? IE, would your character have asked the name of the AI?)

As soon as the telescope was determined operational and the drones had finished their sweep of the hull sections near its operation, DAD tym pulled Enzarl away to take a look at the only readily visible object outside the ship. The AI was unable to provide much assistance, being occupied with unscrambling and rebooting (and an even more unexpected problem with its own core). Upon turning the telescope upon the light, it seemed to be a star. They were soon able to measure its luminosity, and therefore estimate its mass, though without additional reference points, it was impossible to determine distance. It seemed to be a fairly standard yellow non-giant, and after two hours of observation, they determined that it was blue-shifting, which gave them a good estimate on the ship's speed. Though, without additional reference points, the ship's direction was difficult to accurately determine (angled velocity would produce less blueshift than dead-on), but at the very least, they had dropped below relativistic speeds.

(Woops! Posted to early. I'll do it in 2 parts then)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:27:15 am by HugoLuman »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2015, 06:17:27 am »

((AI has a name, nobody ever asked IC~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2015, 06:49:13 am »

However, perhaps more interestingly, there seemed to be a small planet transitioning across the star. With continued observation, a few days or so, perhaps they'd see more objects that were not immediately apparent, most likely along a similar orbital plane (assuming of course that this system was structured like most other star systems).

Enzarl was called away during the observation to undergo genetic testing with the other organics, though was able to return quickly after the sample was collected. Some of the crew had difficulty reaching Cathelyn's lab due to randomly closing doors. None of the crew showed any abnormalities in their genetic material, though the memory loss probably still warranted medical examination. Meanwhile, the drones managed to finish replacing the fried circuitry on the hull electronics, and the manufactory began to finish recycling the totaled ones. However, despite the restoration of the nonsentient subsystems, the core anomaly seemed to be systematically creating anomalies, randomly turning minor systems on and off throughout the ship.

EuropeanDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 25, 2015, 01:14:18 pm »

((There was google doc with characters, but since this is a new PC, I no longer have the link.))

Enzarl takes a while of rest, since the Dark Star entry has still left her somewhat confused. If anyone needs her, though, she's ready to go immediately.

((If this was real life, we'd be so dead. And tasty. Because spaghetti!

...though again, being unconscious for hours would probably make anyone confused.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 25, 2015, 01:54:02 pm »

"Dude, wouldn't it be totally amazing if I was affected by whatever form of electronic plague is plaguing these environs?" Tym says at nobody in particular, so probably the AI, then. Whatever its name was.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 25, 2015, 03:03:56 pm »

After most things are functional, the AI proceeds to investigate the core abnormality. How much data is it made up of. What is it doing.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42