Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: The Dark Star (Space game) [Who are "Them?"]  (Read 53501 times)

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Star (Space game) [Through the Horizon...]
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2015, 01:33:41 pm »

When shamus enters the office he notices a small black sphere located in the corner of the room.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #421 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:48 pm »

"my skills are unneeded, so I'll go to bed. I'm very tired all of a sudden"

Michael, your system diagnostic autodirects me to protocol zero-four-zero-one

MIKE's protocol forces control of the suit and walks over to his bed, lays down and releases sleeping gas. except his reserves were out of sleeping gas.

(loudspeaker)"Does anyone have any sleeping gas?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

(Note: as mentioned before, the artificial gravity is only present in the ring sections, created due to centripetal force. While under acceleration from the main engines, artificial gravity is also created by the recoil, pointed in the direction the engines are firing. On entering the system (the first scene) Shamus was able to fly in the main section of the ship. The insertion burn, being at near-max thrust, would have produced artificial gravity again, but after that, Shamus would be able to fly in the main section of the hull.)
(Longer post coming later, much IRL stuff to do today. And I'm sick :c)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2015, 03:43:06 pm »

When Shamus arrives at the office he see's a black sphere in the corner of the room.

Ok AI, for once I'm glad that you're still alive and I would like to report a problem. The Doc's office is empty and I have no idea where he might be. The only thing left in his office is a black tynder ball. What should I do?

OOC:tynder is the equivalent of soccer
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2015, 03:59:23 pm »

"From what I understand from the files, that ball Is the doctor. Give it a while to reboot. Shouldn't be heavily damaged. Sapient machines tend to be hardened."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2015, 04:04:57 pm »

Do you want me to bring it anywhere? Anyway, I heard a few camera's were broken, I could help with that you know. I am an engineer/mechanic after all
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »

"Hull cameras. Meaning cameras externally mounted. Soon as the drones reboot, that will be dealt with. There may be one or two internal hull breaches, so I advise all crew to wear pressure suits until further notice, feel free to go around and fix smaller things though."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2015, 05:43:35 pm »

Bringer returns to the hangar in order to determine whether the shuttle is alright. Check pressure lights before passing bulkheads.

' A curious experience. Quite akin to a chemically-assisted hallucinatory experience, I find'
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »

The examination takes a couple hours, and the repairs take several more. Some of the unresponsive cameras needed only to be rebooted, but the rest likely need new circuit boards. Fortunately, there are enough cameras left to provide coverage of most of the hull, aside from a gap on one section of the exterior ring and another on one side of the cylinder, but the active drones are able to cover those. Most of the undamaged or lightly damaged unresponsive drones are quickly brought back online, but some, upon internal examination, seem to have suffered severe melting of internal circuitry. After repairs, 4/7 of the original drone complement remained, the rest either missing or taken back to the manufactory for recycling.

The hull, fortunately, seemed to have suffered no breaches, having weathered the intense heat well, though there was some cosmetic damage, scores and gashes in the reflective coating, presumably from drones (or pieces thereof) being torn off and slammed back against it. The hull was quite warm, but not dangerously so. The drones, cameras, and microthruster ports have taken the worst of it, mostly short-circuits and heat-related damages, but nothing that the drones are unable to repair. The main comm and sensor arrays become fully operational after reset, having been designed to look at and withstand a variety of extreme conditions. However, with the gap in the system records and the lack of immediate reference points, they have some trouble recalibrating themselves. The ship does not seem to be under acceleration, at least, but at the moment there is no way to determine velocity or bearing.

The electromagnetic effects seem to have been limited to the exterior, with no short-circuits inside, but aside from trauma to some, that left no way to account for the disruptions to system memory (not to mention that of the organics). However, at least the interior systems were mostly undamaged. The internal sensors took a while to recalibrate, due to some scrambling in the subsystems, but without a need for external reference points, they were able to. What minor damages there were, the crew and interior robots were able to quickly find and repair. Despite the memory gap, the ship's computer systems seemed fine, though the AI had to unscramble or reset some of the autonomous subsystems, and had a large irregularity of its own that it couldn't quite work out.

Being designed to account for both lack of and variable directions of gravity, storage containers seem to have retained their contents, though some were a bit shaken up. Of particular relief, fuel and volatile chemical storage had remained intact. The work to secure loose objects had paid off, and in the hanger, Bringer was relieved to find the shuttle had come through unscathed. No signs of injury developed in the crew during this time, and those who had taken on some of Makai's nanites showed no irregularities in their vitals, though closer examination would likely be prudent.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 23, 2015, 11:15:12 pm »

Cathelyn, ensconced in the genetics lab, addresses the crew via headset/radio/whatever.

I would like to request all on-board organics to report to my lab for analysis. Our entry into the Star of Darkness is unprecedented and may have unanticipated effects on the DNA and general biological make-up of those caught in transit.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 23, 2015, 11:38:10 pm »

Ebony macall scurries frantically torwards the lockers full of emergency equipment, and proceeds to put on a pressure suit as was advised by the ai. after the helmet clicked he remembered to clip his holster to his suit and meticulously check any sensitive equipment in chem lab before reporting in  for a assumingly required physical examination from one of the ships several biologists.

ZalkozDestbro

• Bay Watcher
  • The lazy asshole, who chews pens on this forum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »

repeatedly open and close doors, aswell as turning the lights on and off, have to get a feel for my environment after all.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:04:59 pm by ZalkozDestbro »
Yes, you are the perfect example. You possess all the powers of a pen! This man right here, is mightier then many swords.
Back to our regularly scheduled bullshit. Now with more paranoia and eldritch.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:01 am »

Averus can be seen lumbering around with his suit on.

"Well, we made it through that. Nice not-going-insane, everybody."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:12 am »

MIKE follows the new "protocol" issued by the other AI
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 24, 2015, 01:03:34 am »

((Zal's AI isn't known to the ship yet. My AI will find it after a couple turns. It's doing what new AI tend to do: Mess around with their environment and see how it works/mess with sapients/sentients in said environment. MIKE wouldn't know anything about it.))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42