Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)  (Read 5385 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 12:53:43 am »

Quote from: Cheesecake
...thanks to your efforts in saving them and the loss of their friend.

They work better because their friend died? Did they owe him money, or something? =P

They feel like that they've been given a chance at life. They feel like they owe their friend to actually try in life and work hard.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 03:00:16 am »

We should find out who the ruler here is.  He undoubtedly has real knights protecting or commanding him.  We need to decide if next full moon we are going to try and go all wolf form and destroy the army here.

If the ruler seems like a reasonable sort we should move on and find a more worthy target to destroy after we rob that data mine.

Um have we explored our wolf den any?  Can we store stolen data wealth in it as a sort of portable wallet?  What about blood sacrifices of defeated people inside?

If we want to play the hero though we need to find a villain.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »

Let's make sure we have a back-up plan and a place to retreat to before we start wrecking people. If we do go wolf form, why don't we look around for monsters to hunt? That would be a decent start. The only problem is possibly coming across Knights on patrol and being discovered. Still, with the kind of endurance rating Damon has, we could run around the countryside forever looking for rogue/corrupt data or even the odd person to eat.

In any case, though:

Do go to the library and do some research into the surrounding area/towns, as well as finding anything that could help boost our charisma. Inquire with the Knights as to possible areas nearby where rogue/corrupt data may be prevalent -- this is the kind of thing we can ask easily since one of our workers died on our watch to a giant f***ing worm. Naturally, we'd want to know if there's any more where that came from. And yes, let's also find out who is in authority around here, and get a feel for the major players. We want to know who is paying attention before we do anything crazy.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 05:35:58 pm »

Let's make sure we have a back-up plan and a place to retreat to before we start wrecking people. If we do go wolf form, why don't we look around for monsters to hunt? That would be a decent start. The only problem is possibly coming across Knights on patrol and being discovered. Still, with the kind of endurance rating Damon has, we could run around the countryside forever looking for rogue/corrupt data or even the odd person to eat.

In any case, though:

Do go to the library and do some research into the surrounding area/towns, as well as finding anything that could help boost our charisma. Inquire with the Knights as to possible areas nearby where rogue/corrupt data may be prevalent -- this is the kind of thing we can ask easily since one of our workers died on our watch to a giant f***ing worm. Naturally, we'd want to know if there's any more where that came from. And yes, let's also find out who is in authority around here, and get a feel for the major players. We want to know who is paying attention before we do anything crazy.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 06:59:41 pm »

To the library it is, then! You have an easy time getting there since the streets are mostly empty, due to it still being a work day, and make it to the large, perfectly square building made of glass. Inside you find a vast expanse of literature and data-disks all packed in shelves with ladders. The only staff in the building seems to be the one bored librarian you see manning the desk. She seems to be half asleep with a cup of coffee next to her.

First, you need books on the surrounding area. Again, most of these are for tourists, but you find one that lists many historical military sites and current military bases. There is also a very detailed, multi-paged map that lists every road and street and even underground tunnels and sewers. You find an address book that lists almost every residence with the people living there.

The next books you need are ones that could possibly make you less of a social outcast. You find a good book on social norms and various modern slang and vernacular. You feel like you could do much better at speaking than before, granting you a +2 in charisma. This book was pretty rare, though, and everything else isn't probably worth your time.

You check the books out with the half-asleep librarian and head on your merry way. You make your way to the local Knight's camp just outside town. The place isn't as swarmed with recruits like it was a few days ago. You grab a passing Knight and ask him where everyone's gone.

"They all left on a mission, sir. I can't spare the details," the Knight says monotonously. It seems this is one of those vat-cloned Knights.

"Oh. Anyways, who's in charge here?"

"Commander Olaf, sir. Right in that big tent straight ahead. Commander Sven left with the main force."

You thank the Knight and head for the commander's tent. You didn't need to thank him, since he doesn't really have feelings, but its good practice for your new-found charisma. You enter the tent and bow gently as the commander looks up from his computer and papers. Commander Olaf is broad-shouldered, big-bellied with bigger arms and has a grizzled, scarred face.

"How can I help you, boy? Here to join the Knights?"

"No, sir. I just want to know where we can find some rogue or corrupt data. And end it."

The commander arches a half-singed eyebrow. "Why would you want to know that?"

You use your newly learned skills to bluff this man. [Charisma: 9/9] "One of the miners under my watch lost his life to a corrupted data worm. I want to make sure this doesn't happen to any other innocent person again."

The commander stares at you for a while, breathes and exhales, and pulls out a paper from the stack on his desk. "I know what you're going through, boy, and believe me I was just as angry as you were. I'm not going to stop you, only you can do that, but you need to watch yourself. I've heard news of something in the forest nearby. People going in don't seem to come back out. If you can find out what it is and find a way to stop it, the Knights will be sure to reward you."

"Thank you, Commander Olaf."

"Be careful, boy. Don't overestimate yourself."

You grin widely as you turn around and walk away. You feel your muscles bulging and your teeth growing sharper. "Don't worry, sir. It's going to be a beautiful night tonight."

Spoiler: Damon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills/Codes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

((It will be a full moon tonight. You will change gradually, starting with fur, teeth and claws, then with larger body size, then losing yourself, and so on. You can try to reverse a stage of your change by rolling for Endurance each time. The forest is about an hour away from where you are right now, and the sun is setting.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »

Go to the forest.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 07:50:45 pm »

Ooooh, things are getting interesting. *cracks knuckles and grins evilly*

We need to make preparations. First, let's make that check to fight off the next stage of transformation, since we need time. Then, head to the local store and buy some replacement clothes and a backpack or similar bag to haul them in. Having our clothes spontaneously ripped apart as we change size is going to be damned inconvenient. Let's also buy a lighter, a watch, a high-power flashlight (if available), water, compact map of the area (or make a quick one), and a cheap camera with flash if we can manage it. We'll make it look like we're taking a midnight hike, and would rather have clothes to look the part than be stuck with a miner's uniform. A hood or something to hide our potential ears and fur on our head would also not be remiss. Then, head straight for the forest.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:05:09 pm by Xvareon »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 02:14:17 am »

We should delay the transformation and see if whatever is in the cave is intelligent.  If it is we can maybe try and strike up a corrupt data monster alliance.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »

Ooooh, things are getting interesting. *cracks knuckles and grins evilly*

We need to make preparations. First, let's make that check to fight off the next stage of transformation, since we need time. Then, head to the local store and buy some replacement clothes and a backpack or similar bag to haul them in. Having our clothes spontaneously ripped apart as we change size is going to be damned inconvenient. Let's also buy a lighter, a watch, a high-power flashlight (if available), water, compact map of the area (or make a quick one), and a cheap camera with flash if we can manage it. We'll make it look like we're taking a midnight hike, and would rather have clothes to look the part than be stuck with a miner's uniform. A hood or something to hide our potential ears and fur on our head would also not be remiss. Then, head straight for the forest.
+1?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2015, 10:50:28 pm »

Bump?

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2015, 12:36:10 am »

*charging resuscitation paddle sounds *

Man: CLEAR!!!

*THUMP*

In the even there is no response, consider this fine thread dead!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]