Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)  (Read 5397 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 09:55:20 pm »

What you know (from life experience and visions from Fenrir):

After the first Ragnarok, someone survived and remade the world into a program where he was a god. His throne was connected to the YGGDRASIL supercomputer, which gave him complete control of his own world. He made other gods and commoners and let the simulation run. He left the throne to Odin and left the simulation and returned to the real world to do who knows what.

Everyone and everything is made of data. Both gods and commoners need to 'eat' data to survive. Data mines are structures built around areas of concentrated 'good' data. Good data is basically data that is easy to turn into tools and materials, as well as high-quality food. Data farms are used for crap food that commoners eat. Data can become corrupted (but you don't know how) and spawn monsters. Jotunheim, Muspelheim and Niflheim are entire folders of data that have been corrupted. When data is 'destroyed' it finds its way back to the simulation as regular data or good data.

Knights are the basic fighting force of Midgard and Asgard. The majority of them are clones made of data, but now they are hiring commoners into the ranks. They are sent to fight corrupted data in the corrupted folders, or sent to garrison the base of YGGDRASIL, where a mysterious virus known as Nidhogg continues to attack.

Elves are from Alfheim, and are a step up from commoners. They are generally merchants, business owners and have comfier jobs and lives. The gods still treat them like crap, though.

Basic clothes is basically the clothes you described. I just grouped it together into basic clothes.

The computers are all linked to a tiny branch of YGGDRASIL to allow communication between all of Midgard. You can't access the main body of the supercomputer from Midgard, however.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:01:18 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 09:55:31 pm »

Talk to some of the workers and figure out how/why they got the job here, and any particular reasons for their apathy (but do not accuse anyone just yet). Set quotas on data to be mined per day/operation, giving the workers a definitive goal to reach for.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 10:06:18 pm »

Talk to some of the workers and figure out how/why they got the job here, and any particular reasons for their apathy (but do not accuse anyone just yet). Set quotas on data to be mined per day/operation, giving the workers a definitive goal to reach for. Workers feel a lot better when the people in authority are seen to actually do their job(s).

))Let's promote some synergy up in this b****!
+1

Also use Identify to try and find the disgruntled workers and make contact with them.

Starting a workers revolt might be a good start?  Or just recruit some people.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 10:12:07 pm »

+1

Also use Identify to try and find the disgruntled workers and make contact with them.

Starting a workers revolt might be a good start?  Or just recruit some people.

We don't even KNOW these people yet, VoidSlayer. You can't lead people to a revolt unless you can convince them that it'd be a GREAT f***ing idea. As such, if these are just your average run-of-the-mill, toolbelts-halfway-down-their-asses lazy workers, we aren't going to do that without something heavy as evidence. Like 'government' oppression or inadequate response to encroaching threats...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:13:52 pm by Xvareon »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 10:18:40 pm »

[Charisma: 15/7] You try to get to know the workers and why they're so crappy at their work. They don't really respond, just shrug and grunt. They're probably just aimless and need better leadership.

[Charisma: 20/7+1] Your attempt to place quotas on them just makes them angry instead of bored.

"Oh, the big boss wants us to make how much? Screw that! As long as we look like we're working hard we get paid!"

[Enemy Charisma: 17/5] His attempt to be intimidating fails, but he gets the other workers grumbling.

Spoiler: Damon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills/Codes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 11:03:46 pm »

Intimidating him back? Warn him of the consequences slacking off would bring.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 11:09:37 pm »

Intimidating him back? Warn him of the consequences slacking off would bring.
-1. We've done enough damage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2015, 11:17:27 pm »

..... As long as you 'look' like you're working hard, huh? Sorry, boys, it doesn't work like that. That's why we have quotas.

Don't bother intimidating him now, just institute the quotas anyway. We will not be intimidated by some self-entitled little twats who think the job owes THEM something. Emphasize the fact that since the Knights need this data for swords, armor, food and other equipment to keep their asses safe from whatever just knocked out a whole village within RUNNING DISTANCE from here, they had better damn well fulfill that quota. Because if they don't, the local Knight post will be notified that a sizable percentage of the workers supplying them with materials so that they can protect the town are not doing their jobs.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 12:10:20 am »

You institute the quotas anyway and the grumbles rise a decibel higher, but you ignore these lazy jerks. You emphasize that the knights need this data to stop whatever the hell just destroyed that village (ironically, you) from getting close to commoners like them (ironically again, you're right in front of them.) [Charisma: 11/7+2] Well, it was worth a shot. They don't really listen, but they stop grumbling too.

[Perception: 2/7] You twitch a bit as you sense a disturbance in signal. It seems like some data went rogue nearby! A scan reveals a giant earthworm tunneling through the quadrant next to yours, causing cave ins and crushing the miners. The bums under your supervision don't seem to be aware. [Perception: 4/7] Half the knights guarding the armory and manufacturing line have gone to fight the worm. The other half are trying to evacuate the miners.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:21:20 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 12:27:11 am »

))...Hmm. Tough one. What do you think, guys? Try and fight the worm (thus risking our insane powers of endurance being revealed), or help the miners evacuate (less risky in general)? The only problem here is that the guys in front of us aren't aware of what's going on, so evacuating them would raise the question of how we knew what was going on at the time. Although, they probably wouldn't be inclined to listen to us, anyway. We could just grab the nearest pickaxe and walk off, saying that if they haven't made progress by the time we get back, their jobs are fucked.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:23 am »

Lets just wait till we get word of the worm. Theeeeen evacuate. No reason to raise questions or have odd coincidences happen.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 12:32:06 am »

How do we even get more powah?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 01:07:06 am »

I'm off for tonight. I'm +1'ing Kevak's suggestion, though, and I'll also add that:

We look for some kind of pickaxe or tool that would make a decent improvised weapon. A knife won't cut it against a giant earthworm if this comes to a fight. Also, we should check the roof and walls for potentially dangerous weak points in the structure of the mine. We can't die, but getting buried in a cave-in is still gonna suck.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 01:30:52 am »

Lets just wait till we get word of the worm. Theeeeen evacuate. No reason to raise questions or have odd coincidences happen.
+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 01:55:08 am »

To not draw attention to your ability of knowing things you shouldn't know, you decide to hold off info on the worm until that info reaches you and your workers. That info finally reaches you, but not in a good way. A section of the wall gives way to a gigantic worm, launching one of your workers flying forwards and splattering on the wall at the other end of the room.

"Bjorn! NO!" one of the miners shout.

[Perception: 19/7] [Luck: 12/5] You can't find a nearby pick in time before the worm lashes at you with a tail. [Enemy Strength: 9/15] [Endurance: 2/17] You are hit with the tail and are sent flying, but you feel no pain and shrug it off, standing tall. [Perception: 19/7] [Luck: 20/5] You still can't find any pick or drill, since everything is all thrown around the chamber. Then you see the tail lashing again.

[Strength: 6/13] [Enemy Endurance: 5/15] Desperate, you punch the worm's tail as it lashes at you again. It doesn't seem to feel the blow, but its rocky hide cracks and reveals a small area of soft flesh. You pull your knife out and strike! [Strength: 17/13] [Luck: 5/5] By some miracle, you hit the flesh! [Enemy Endurance: 17/5] The flesh ruptures and blood gushes from the wound. The worm gives a sort of scream. It goes into a rage and begins flailing around the room while the workers panic.

The knights arrive, swords charged. "You there! The one in charge! Get the workers to safety, now!" Their code isn't cloned. These seem to be real humans. The worm charges and attacks, instantly smashing one knight into a gory pool. "Get out, NOW!"

How do we even get more powah?

((I have this problem in my games where people suggest something and I go like, "That doesn't exist in my setting." I'm trying to fix that. So if you guys suggest something like, "We need to improve our charisma." I'll give various opportunities to find some way to increase that charisma. Or if you want to look for some kind of weapon, just describe it and I'll try to make a quest centered around it.))
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5