Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)  (Read 5401 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 06:09:04 am »

Can we get more traits later?

Yup. But you'll have to do a kind of quest or mission to get it, like for example, the VALHALLA implants: you'd have to acquire those implants somehow, maybe by killing a VALHALLA warrior. Same goes for stats: if you kept training and training for a long time your Strength and Endurance would increase. Studying or hacking into a branch of the YGGDRASIL mainframe would increase your Intelligence, etc.

Name: V-21-KAL-789 The God Hunter
Background: Raise in a communal center and educated solely for the job of working in a lumber mill.  He was beaten and despised as the lowest in rank in his work group to relieve stress from the other workers, though he had one friend and enjoyed the off work worship ceremonies.  The candy tasted nice.
Appearance: Dark skin, tall and stocky, blue eyes, shaggy light brown hair.  High cheekbones and large eyes, several small scars and wrinkles from the hard work and hard life.  Currently wearing a (stolen?) working class blue uniform.

Wolf form is white fur with small bony pitch-black spines on the body, 4 red eyes.

Strength: 10
Perception: 12
Endurance: 12
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 10
Luck: 5

Regeneration
VALHALLA Implants

This is also a suggestion game, by the way, so there's only one character.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 10:44:25 am »

...What? Oh, seriously? If I'd have known that, I'd have gone with a far more balanced build. It's kinda helpful to know these things, Cheese. Also, YGGDRASIL mainframe? VALHALLA? What?? I have no idea what's going on in this world. Anyway, I'm gonna substitute 1 point of Endurance for another point of Agility, and bring my Wolf's Den down to T1 and put those 5 points into Charisma instead. Hopefully that's semi-balanced enough to get me through.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:50:29 am by Xvareon »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 11:20:19 am »

I would still prefer some kind of truly monstrous wolf form.

The wolf den looks like something that could be interesting to interact with though.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 04:38:17 pm »

...What? Oh, seriously? If I'd have known that, I'd have gone with a far more balanced build. It's kinda helpful to know these things, Cheese. Also, YGGDRASIL mainframe? VALHALLA? What?? I have no idea what's going on in this world. Anyway, I'm gonna substitute 1 point of Endurance for another point of Agility, and bring my Wolf's Den down to T1 and put those 5 points into Charisma instead. Hopefully that's semi-balanced enough to get me through.
TSG stands for Text Suggestion Game. Judging by the names, it's probably a sci-fi/cyberpunk re-imagining of Norse mythology.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 07:14:06 pm »

Basically how Empiricist explained. Sorry if it wasn't clear at first. Basically the thing about suggestion games is you suggest. At first, you suggest a character, and others can suggest their own character or vote for yours, which you do so by saying +1 normally. After a character is selected, everyone present can suggest actions for that character and vote for the actions they think best.

Think of Matrix meets Norse mythology. That's basically the setting. I was inspired by a manwha called Fairytale for the Demon Lord, but there's no relationship to the plot and no original characters from there are used. I just thought it was cool to see Norse stuff with a lot of sci-fi mixed in.

Some things from that setting I'll also use, namely cloned knights (only in name, though, since they're basically footsoldiers instead of nobles), the lack of projectiles and extensive use of swords (because who really wants to keep track of ammo?), using hacks and codes as 'spells' of sorts, and a lack of actual physics (a la Matrix). Think of the main character as a viking Neo turned werewolf and Odin as Agent Smith.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2015, 07:27:59 pm »

+1. Ok let's play!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2015, 08:51:25 pm »

"What's wrong, Odin?! Just grow back your legs! Summon up your demons! HIT ME! FIGHT ME!! GIVE ME A HUG..."

So since this is a suggestion game with one character, are you all cool with who I have selected? If not, any tips on skill/perk reassignments, or any other potential characters for the game? I was actually thinking this would be a game involving multiple players at first, 'cause I didn't really know much about suggestion games until now. But since this is gonna be one character... yeaaah.

Anyways... ok, Matrix, got it. Question, though:  Just what does the Wolf Den perk offer at higher tiers? I need to know if it's worth sinking points into.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »

I feel like the pack master perk could be super super useful.
I agree but my opinion probably doesn't matter. Anyway hi Cheesecake just thought I'd say that I like the idea of this game and that i'll be watching.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 09:09:15 pm »

[NINJA'd: Already made the turn before I saw the posts :p . A higher tiered wolf's den gives you even more protection and cover from people searching for you. Think of it as a personal firewall of sorts. Also gives goodies such as a console to access info and storage. Hi Prophet.]

Your name was 317, a low caste commoner who toiled his life working in the data mines or fighting corrupted data beasts. Everything changed when a corrupted wolf of immense size attacked you. You were left for dead by the other hunters, but you found yourself awakening in a cave. You couldn't recognize the area's signal at all, as if it didn't really exist, but it wasn't empty. You lay on a table naked, with recent scar tissue having formed on your torso. You scanned yourself and found that your code was replaced with mithril, the same stuff that the gods use for their buildings and technology.

You retreated from the cave in a frenzy. When you exited, you saw the full moon high in the night sky and you changed. It was all a blur of red mixed with frenzied screaming. You woke up back in your village, alone with the corpses of all the villagers and the knights sent to stop you. A quick scan showed that the town was empty. Then you realized you had access to codes that you couldn't possibly have, such as scanning whole areas and identifying signals. Normal peasants couldn't do that.

That was a week ago (6 days and 23 hours to be exact) and somehow in your confusion you ended up here, in an internet cafe in one of the more advanced villages. The news of your destruction of village X-101 has spread across half of Midgard, with speculated reports of giants from the corrupted files of Jotunheim being the culprits. The Knight Commander Tyr is recruiting knights from commoners to bolster his forces here on Midgard.

There are a bunch of people in the internet cafe, browsing the news worriedly and asking each other for what to do. The owner of the cafe, an elf, is also on a computer. You instinctively know their codes for some reason, probably the same reason why you have access to other codes as well. The town outside is fairly large, full of houses and a few shops. There is a camp outside recruiting knights. There is also a data mine hiring as well, to increase production of swords and armor.

Spoiler: Damon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills/Codes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 09:14:34 pm »

First find somewhere to stay at when it becomes night time then Check out the job offer at the mines.

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 09:18:18 pm »

Get a job at the mines. If we're lucky, we could probably snag some weapons and armour from there eventually.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »

[Perception: 10/7] You fail to find any good place to stay, but you always have your wolf's den. Best to port yourself when you're alone, though, since it'll raise suspicions that a commoner can port himself.

[Charisma: 5/7] You went to the data mines and applied for a job there. Because of your previous work experience you manage to get a higher up job than the others as a lower class manager, earning 50 credits a day. You are given a small room to stay in compared to the bunk rooms that the common miners get. Work starts immediately but you don't mind as lately you never feel tired anymore and rarely sleep. Your quadrant of the mine is quite small, but that's alright. You're in charge of 10 miners who are 'busy' drilling away at data. They seem quite apathetic and don't really work hard. The day's just started too.

[Signal Tap: 7/7+5] You find the location of the manufacturing quadrant of the mine. It is guarded by 20-ish knights and manned with 50 workers. The whole mine holds far, far too much data for you to scan all of it, no matter how hard you try.

Spoiler: Damon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills/Codes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »

A good start, Cheese... but I still have no f***ing clue about half the stuff you're talking about. You're gonna need to give me a full rundown on the fluff, here. What are data mines? And... Damon's 'code' was removed and mithril put in instead? So people are made of 'code', which basically means everything, living or inanimate, is a program? That would explain the whole lycanthropy curse thing -- it corrupts someone's code like a virus, so that they turn into a werewolf when exposed to the full moon.

Ok. What/who are Knights? Are they the anti-virus programs? Also, what kind of 'elves' are these, like the one working at the desk? Are they the kind of elves you'd expect to find in Lord of the Rings or Dragon Age? Or are they small little people in pointed hats like you'd find at the North Pole? Also, Damon noticed the data mine and knight recruitment AND everything going on in the cafe, but he didn't even notice the clothes he was wearing? It would be helpful to know if he still has that white scarf or at least a hood to cover his head, because I really doubt that someone seeing that '317' on the back of his neck is gonna win him many points.

Also, computers/internet. Does this give me a direct (if limited) line to the YGGDRASIL network or something? Or is it a separate commercial system designed for regular 'citizen' use?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 09:47:40 pm »

Attempt to motivate our workers?

((No wait we are new that will probably backfire.))

Keep watch of our miners?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:55:24 pm by Prophet »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:47 pm »

Talk to some of the workers and figure out how/why they got the job here, and any particular reasons for their apathy (but do not accuse anyone just yet). Set quotas on data to be mined per day/operation, giving the workers a definitive goal to reach for. Workers feel a lot better when the people in authority are seen to actually do their job(s).

))Let's promote some synergy up in this b****!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:57:06 pm by Xvareon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5