Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)  (Read 5381 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok: Son of Fenrir (TSG)
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 02:09:38 am »

We really need to improve our charisma. Eventually, someone's going to ask if we're the wolf and we might need to lie our way out of that.

Get the workers out.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 03:10:44 am »

"Get out! Quickly!" you usher the workers out, and they comply without complaint.

[Perception: 2/7] You notice a falling rock that's about to crush one of the miners. [Agility: 15/8] You're too far to help as the rock falls on the poor miner. [Ally Endurance: 7/9-1] He's alive! His friend takes him by the arm and you continue to escape. [Perception: 9/7] You fail to notice the floor giving way in time before a miner falls in. [Agility: 2/8] You catch him just as he falls and hoist him up! He looks at you with wide, teary eyes.

You finally make it to the surface, greeted by other workers. A squadron of knights descend into the mine and return hours later victorious. The owner of the mine, a fat elf with graying hair, is distraught at the damage the worm has caused and the lives lost to it. He institutes a more trained guard-force to protect his mine. Your workers look at you with a renewed sense of respect for getting them out of there safely.

The next day work returns to normal and your workers actually meet their quotas, though they seem distraught by the death of one of their friends. You receive 50 credits. The mine owner has given everyone a defensive sword to protect themselves with, in case of rogue data.   

Spoiler: Damon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills/Codes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 03:23:36 am »

We should take everyone out drinking. First round's on us to commemorate the ones we lost under our watch.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 06:55:43 am »

"How 'bout we all go for a drink, huh? I' m buying."

Your workers happily oblige. You take them out to a nice bar near the mine and order a full round of drinks, costing you 20 credits. You raise a glass and cheer with your workers.

"To the fallen."

"To the fallen."

A whole night drunk away, you all return to the mine to sleep again. The day after you don't seem to have a hangover. You have a whole day ahead of you today.

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 07:59:19 am »

Do work as normal but also see what we can do at our work terminal. Any hacking opportunities with that?

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 11:39:57 am »

First, we need to figure out what's going on. Look through the YGGDRASIL network for any local news about the village's destruction, including possible video footage, since reporters will probably have gotten there by now. See what their official statements are, especially with regard to the actions of the Knights. If they still say that it was those Giants from Jotunheim, then great, but if they say it's looking like someone or something else was responsible, there's sure as hell going to be a more thorough investigation. Also check the databanks for info on the town we're currently in, and at least the relative distance to other towns and points of interest nearby. If we have a concise lay of the land backed up by visual info, we should be able to 'port ourselves around accurately should the need arise.

Also, yeah, we need more Charisma. Look for opportunities to boost that, probably. May I suggest writing a letter of condolence to Bjorn's family (if he has any) since this happened to him on our watch? Have every miner in the group that knew him sign their name on it, too. That should bring us at least a little closer to a point boost, and also score us some more respect from the workers.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 11:55:57 am »

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 02:08:10 pm »

First, we need to figure out what's going on. Look through the YGGDRASIL network for any local news about the village's destruction, including possible video footage, since reporters will probably have gotten there by now. See what their official statements are, especially with regard to the actions of the Knights. If they still say that it was those Giants from Jotunheim, then great, but if they say it's looking like someone or something else was responsible, there's sure as hell going to be a more thorough investigation. Also check the databanks for info on the town we're currently in, and at least the relative distance to other towns and points of interest nearby. If we have a concise lay of the land backed up by visual info, we should be able to 'port ourselves around accurately should the need arise.

Also, yeah, we need more Charisma. Look for opportunities to boost that, probably. May I suggest writing a letter of condolence to Bjorn's family (if he has any) since this happened to him on our watch? Have every miner in the group that knew him sign their name on it, too. That should bring us at least a little closer to a point boost, and also score us some more respect from the workers.
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2015, 02:59:05 pm »

+1
+1

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2015, 03:17:59 pm »

+1
+1
+1
So many smart people here on bay12. *shrugs*

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »

Looking back I think porting is based on a single permanent and a single mobile waypoint. We can only port to specific areas as of now (those being the wolfden and the place we ported from.)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 07:55:44 pm »

Bump?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2015, 08:28:38 pm »

You begin your work shift in your office by writing a letter of condolence to Bjorn's family. [Charisma: 20/7] It's horribly written and frankly not very sincere. You hope his family doesn't take too much offense. You have all your workers sign the letter and you have it posted.

You go to your work terminal next to try to see if any hacking opportunities present itself. [Intelligence: 12/8] You can't seem to find any obvious openings for a hack. The work terminal lists all workers in your quadrant, the stocks and current orders that need to be filed out. A lot of files and folders are locked to you, however.

Your workers are working with great passion, thanks to your efforts in saving them and the loss of their friend. Your output has increased greatly! You probably don't even have to fill your quota for tomorrow. You decide to check out early and head to an internet cafe to connect to the YGGDRASIL network.

You try to find video footage of the attack. You easily find a lot of videos relating to it, but not the direct video of the destruction. That's a good thing. Most sources online still say that Giants did it, but there are a few conspiracy sites that say it was by an intentional attack by the government, or a rebel group rising. One site nearly hit the mark by saying that Ragnarok is finally starting. 

Next you try to find a map of the area you're in. Easily you find many tourist maps that relate to this town, but they mostly show restaurants and hotels instead of things that actually interest you. Maybe going to the town-hall or the local library can show some more hidden locations?

Finally you try to read up on how to become more charismatic. A lot of posts and sites try to teach etiquette, but you just can't get a grasp on becoming more sociable. Again, the library may have some help. Or trying to get a class in one of the social centers in town might boost your charisma. The day is still young. You left work about three hours early, so it's still bright out.

Dying of laughter?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

Go to the library.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 09:27:56 pm »

Quote from: Cheesecake
...thanks to your efforts in saving them and the loss of their friend.

They work better because their friend died? Did they owe him money, or something? =P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5