Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15759 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2015, 06:26:43 am »

Sure, lets go with that.

Friedrich will consult with an architect, a pair of middlers and  an electronics engineer and try to design an assembly line for armoured vehicles

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2015, 01:53:15 am »

-snip-
Mr. Cressbit, Mr. Bösch(Funk), Mr. Churnos(Patrick), and myself request a visit with the council.
Mr. Cressbit will give a pitch on the requests we have.

-snip-

I am going to be helping find engineers in the USA, UK, and France to join us, ya know with the council's approval, to make use of my persuasion skill.

Mr.Cressbit(afellowdwarf) will be asking the council the following things: Permission to go have Mr. Cressbit(afellowdwarf), Mr. Krushkov(Terra162), and Mr. Petrovich(evilcherry) go to the USA, UK, and France to find engineers and buy materials/a few guns;

Permission to design/build Mr. Trout's(tryrar) boat.

Spoiler:  Mr. Trout (click to show/hide)

Permission for Mr. Churnos(Patrick) to do his stuff
Spoiler: Mr. Churnos (click to show/hide)

Permission for Mr. Eberhart(pancaek) to do his stuff
Spoiler: Mr. Eberhart (click to show/hide)

Permission for Mr. Flint(Stabbymcstabstab) to
Spoiler: Mr. Flint (click to show/hide)

Permission for Mr. McHarold(LuckyKobold) to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and lastly, I suppose, Mr. Bösch(Funk) will help Mr. Churnos(Patrick) do his stuff.

I couldn't find Funk's turn post... if you do please let me know so I may edit this.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »

It should be well within Mr. Mc Harold's juristiction to talk with the military. I doubt I need to ask to the council's permission for that.

I will also not be recruiting any forgein engineers, though I will request that the council brings in more people who do ballistics. If you wish to have permission for that, I think you had better ask them yourself.

But if I might speculate, should one of us be executed over being a forgein spy trying to snatch away forgein experts, the country with the firing squad might use this hostile action as an opportunity to help itself to our gold.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2015, 01:37:09 pm »

Don't recruit directly, when you negotiate with a nation seek permission first so you can't be called a spy for it.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »

"Hello good sir. I would like to convince your finest engineers to leave your country and come work for mine, if that is okay with you."

Yes, I will get right on that.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2015, 04:16:15 pm »

We wouldn't do anything without the country's permission.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2015, 04:44:51 pm »

Well the depression is going on, we could offer to pay a country lie the US to send out of work engineers and students to us, in exchange we pay a fair bit of gold to the nation and to the worker and we pay for transit.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2015, 06:24:16 pm »

Well it benefits them long term as well. The engineers help us produce the tech to defend ourselves.
We then use our gold to buy materials from them to build said tech.
They gain gold and lose nothing.

If they don't we can't defend ourselves, we get conquered and they get nothing while a rival gets all the gold. It's best for them to agree. Besides the population of the USA you think they'd miss a few dozen of the tens of thousands or more engineers they have lol?

Plus sooner or later we'll trade them the weapon designs as we advance beyond them so it helps them as well if we make something they don't.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:32:03 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2015, 08:18:16 am »

Well the depression is going on, we could offer to pay a country lie the US to send out of work engineers and students to us, in exchange we pay a fair bit of gold to the nation and to the worker and we pay for transit.
How do we prevent them from sending us heaps of spies?

Well it benefits them long term as well. The engineers help us produce the tech to defend ourselves.
We then use our gold to buy materials from them to build said tech.
They gain gold and lose nothing.
What's to say we're not going to spend our gold in Switzerland instead? This deal only makes sense if we were to exclusively buy a resource from that country. Don't even mind us getting a markup for the lack of competition, think about other countries finding out we're not going to spend our gold on their markets.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:10 am »

Well we're visiting a few countries so buy different supplies in each and make a deal for engineers in them all. Keep a few select allies happy.
Caine's law.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2015, 10:18:15 am »

If we get the engineers via the goverments, any useful designs of ours will reach them by express mail.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2015, 10:32:49 am »

So we make that part of the deal they're our allies and we need the engineers.
Caine's law.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2015, 10:58:06 am »

You realize we're a tiny nation, right? Being technologically equal to forgein countries isn't going to prevent invasion. They're not our allies, they're just not quite taking our stuff by force yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2015, 12:15:12 pm »

* Aseaheru points to the OOC thread, raising an eyebrow.

I mean, you guys did ask for it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2015, 08:15:08 am »

I will include the request for manual recruitment in my pitch, though I am somewhat reluctant to do so. It will include the caveat of not recruiting without the host goverments' wishes. I will be asking for permision for myself to visit France, Vlad to visit the US, and Maxim to visit the UK. Our other plans, sans Harolds, are still included in the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18