Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15791 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

We'd have to buy it first then. If it was just being invented now by one of the most advanced weapons nations on earth no way we have it.
It was used earlier for AA but we need a heavier model.

Or invent it ourselves which will require time and more ballistic engineers.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2015, 06:00:07 pm »

Invent it ourselves. In general, 20mm designs were in use by just about EVERYONE as flak or aircraft cannons(with the exception of the US which used the m2 browning), so it isn't really difficult. Plus it would be the perfect caliber for your projects since it would be easy to get wall of lead with 20mm cannons
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2015, 06:04:54 pm »

But I'm making an infantry HMG. Ain't no infantry carrying a 20mm auto cannon into battle. I'm focussing my work around the infantry hence the need for more ballistic engineers so I can divide them up to handle multiple projects.

Right now we only have enough for 1.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2015, 06:07:58 pm »

Ah. I can handle the first generation PT boats having say, a couple HMG mounts(was gonna have it have a couple MGs anyways) and design a space where a 20mm cannon might go. I can wait until you can design some sort of autocannon for us(or we buy one, whatever).

Anyways, my project for this turn is getting together and designing a PT boat with all the naval engineers(unless you guys need a couple for something)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

Well once the initial MG is done my next project is a semi auto sidearm. I can do the auto cannon as the second alongside it.

But seriously guys. Engineers, lots of engineers.
Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »

Semi-auto sidearm? Why not buy surplus m1911s?

Or better yet, a license to build 1911s
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:13:20 pm by tryrar »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2015, 06:13:28 pm »

Because it's cheaper to buy raw material to make our own, plus is a simple job to provide experience to our rookie engineers that will benefit us later.

Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »

True, there are pro's and cons to both approaches. But you're the infantry gun guy IIRC, so I'll defer to you.

Meanwhile a question: How do we handle doing projects(especially if two or more players are involved, like mine)? Do we just get together in thread and hash out details, would you prefer we do it by pm and just post the result, or whatever?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2015, 06:18:58 pm »

It's mostly the experience. When we come to harder projects later more experience will make it faster and more effective. Might slow us down a little bit now but it'll benefit in the long term.
Caine's law.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2015, 06:48:55 pm »

Seeing as I have some experience with tanks, why don't I organize a mission to go to the US, UK, and the USSR in a round trip discussing the possibilities in getting us some tank engineers. Also, I would like to put three T-18's in a tank group, two groups, (12 personnel) group one stationed on the northern base and group two stationed at the southern base. Also promote the brightest two tankers into tank officers.

(How much detail are we going into for the military structure?)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »

Seeing as I have some experience with tanks, why don't I organize a mission to go to the US, UK, and the USSR in a round trip discussing the possibilities in getting us some tank engineers. Also, I would like to put three T-18's in a tank group, two groups, (12 personnel) group one stationed on the northern base and group two stationed at the southern base. Also promote the brightest two tankers into tank officers.

(How much detail are we going into for the military structure?)

Tank engineers sounds good, as well as that tank plan if we're allowed to influence military organization(unlikely but possible)

Just keep in mind we have a hard budget, and I'm not sure what all our plans already in motion cost right now(the trip for metals, the HMG, the PT boat, and now your roundtable discussion)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2015, 06:51:47 pm »

I'd skip the USSR. They're not fans of us.

Can you pick up 4-5 M19 pistols for me? I can use them as a base product and upgrade them to create our sidearm saving time.
If you see a chance try to buy a 20mm auto cannon as well and I can do the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:54:16 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2015, 07:00:24 pm »

Yeah, I might need to stay away from the USSR as well, considering my past history. *shurg*

Should we visit France? They aren't exactly the world power on tanks at the moment...

I suppose, although it depends on how many resources I'm allotted for my trip.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2015, 07:02:03 pm »

...france not being a world power on tanks during the 1930s? Wat?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »

The USA produces a decent tank, we can work up from it if needs be.

Well we need a solid sidearm and the auto cannon so they should allot enough to cover it. Hell find out what kit all the places have available and we can bulk buy the basics for all the kit I'm gonna end up making in one trip.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18