Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15789 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordinances[Weapon design][9/8]
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2015, 04:25:27 pm »

Thats... not what it means. Board members make decisions, but workers can be sent to, say, japan to buy a tank.

On the thing about getting people with things, that is an option, but it takes the Councils approval. As do most purchases, really.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2015, 04:27:38 pm »

Well sending me to negotiate trade would be senseless. I'd have to keep phoning them to ask permission to offer things and update them.

Simpler to just send a council member.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2015, 04:30:43 pm »

Alright, what as a board member can I do? Start a project, recruit seamen for the navy, send someone overseas for shit?

Edit: one thing I DO know I can do is call a meeting and ask that we start looking at ways to protect our shores. I'll propose a PT boat since that's an economical and cost-efficient way to do so, especially around islands such as ours where a small coastal boat would function better than a deep-water ship
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:34:08 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:45 pm »

Well as a Worker I shall go to the Sub and start inspecting it and look to see for any improvements to the design I could pitch to the board.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2015, 04:49:54 pm »

I'll wait to see if the council agrees to assign me the people I requested then create our new MG.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2015, 05:06:22 pm »

We need to consider an earial assault as well. Currently we've only got that Ofery ship to deal with airplanes.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »

I can whip us up a proper AA gun after the MG that'll handle the future plans. The MG itself dualed or quadded would wreck the bi-wing planes currently in use.
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2015, 05:17:15 pm »

We should probably mount some AA on armoured vehicles, for added mobility. Seeing as we're mainly defending, I also propose our tanks go the slow and heavily armoured route, with maybe a few mg mounted tankettes to assist infantry.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »

We've got multiple islands, so how about we create some kind of service station on the secondary islands? I could design that with the help of people who know tanks.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2015, 05:32:11 pm »

I can whip up a quad version of my MG with longer barrels for mobile AA and a dual long barrel version to mount on tanks.
Just need my little team to invent the base gun first.

It'll work short term until mono planes come in and are to fast for it to hit. But I can invent flak guns by then.
Caine's law.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2015, 05:43:57 pm »

Those guns will need some metal to be made, as will the tanks. Someone should secure a small shipment of metal for prototypes, with the council's approval. I can do that if no one else volunteers.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »

I need to design a gun and a lower caliber round so that iI can bump up it's ROF to wall of lead levels. That uses up my 2 projects for the turn.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:47:40 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2015, 05:49:00 pm »

It'll be nice though if we can stop them from getting to our shores in the first place, though. I had an idea for the PT boats to mount a small dual-role 20mm autocannon that can hit ships and planes(though the main anti-shipping punch would be the twin torpedo tubes, being able to rake the superstructure of a ship with rapid-fire 20mm HE shells would be useful)

If you guys let me, I'll start the committee right away, with that NPC skilled naval engineer and Jack Flint.

Ninjaedit: Yeah, go ahead and see if you can get the metals we need. Take 10K in gold(I know it's a 1/5th of our budget, but we need that badly)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2015, 05:51:11 pm »

I'm no expert on 1930s weaponry but I'm pretty sure they didn't have auto cannons.
Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2015, 05:53:42 pm »

Ahem. Being flak, they had to be fairly rapid-fire to function correctly(practical rate of fire was 180rpm). We can adapt something similar and use it against ships' superstructure in a pinch
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18