Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Migrants from other civs?  (Read 913 times)

Afghani84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Migrants from other civs?
« on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »

Hey there,

just a short question: can I get migrants from other dwarven civilizations or just from the one I chose at embark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants from other civs?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 09:32:13 pm »

Not usually.  By usually I mean not in vanilla.
  Oddly enough though I have found members from other civs halfway across the world from their location in adventure mode.  So maybe one day.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 02:37:13 am »

Not usually.  By usually I mean not in vanilla.
  Oddly enough though I have found members from other civs halfway across the world from their location in adventure mode.  So maybe one day.
Also not in any mods. That's not a change mods could really make.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:19:50 pm »

Some of them will have been former members of other civilizations.  If you get a dwarf that's been parts of tons of civs, that's a red flag for a possible vampire.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:06:53 pm »

Fingers been crossed that in the tavern arc coming up we can get dwarves (and goblins, humans, elves) from other civs.     But atm you can only get people from other civs in legends mode and even then only the dwarf ones will migrate to your fort (unless they rise to a position of power i.e the human king i have living in my current fort).