Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23451 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (5/5, Waitlist open)
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2015, 11:11:58 pm »

Do I see a +1 distance crossbow with far shot and a gnomish crossbow sight in the near future (In case you can't find it, a gnome crossbow sight effectively reduces the range increment you're firing at by 2 increments- so a 100' weapon can shoot to 300' without penalty)? And greater snipers eyes?

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:22:43 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2015, 11:17:45 pm »

Duh.
I'm going to make the final push tomorrow; I can't finish it tonight, because I have a three more pages to write in twelve hours. !!FUN!!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2015, 11:25:25 pm »

Yeah, that's fine- I only expect it by end-of-day tomorrow.
On that note, Froggy Ninja? I've only got that you're a level 14 alchemist pretty much... We'll put you in when you finish if you're not ready tomorrow (I'll probably put the first stuff at roughly 5:30PM Central Time)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2015, 07:10:36 am »

Leg looks great, guess im set to start,
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2015, 06:37:28 pm »

Alright, I said 5:30 CT, so here's your first scene:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your group is sitting in a tavern.
Just Kidding- here's the real first scene;

You've done your research, you know what's next in this keep. Only a couple demons left in this infernal perversion of a 'government.' Only a few more until you can call your city your own again.

You burst into another room of the keep, intent on destroying the scourge that calls it home.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Surprise Round! Demagogue and K'sal get an action, Demagogue's will come first.

Spoiler: Initiative Count (click to show/hide)

(NOTE: I don't have complete sheets for anyone else, you can finish any time, we'll figure out how to get you in.)
(DOUBLENOTE: Also don't forget the 36 hour rule- if you don't post your turn in 36 hours from the action being called, it will count as you 'waiting' on your turn, moving your initiative to whenever you post your action.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:39:35 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2015, 06:38:35 pm »

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check!

Where are we? What's a Hezrou do? Is that a set of doors behind the green one?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:31 pm »

Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check!

Where are we? What's a Hezrou do? Is that a set of doors behind the green one?

You are in the keep, the center of your town- on your mission to overthrow the demonic tyranny.

You look at the Hezrou: This fiend's armored flesh is scaly and moist. Its large, toothy mouth gapes below a pair of hungry, reptilian eyes. The Green one seems stunned as its contemplation was broken, while the Red one hasn't quite registered that anything's wrong while it continues mauling a long-dead corpse on the wall.
You notice the final set of doors just past the thinking hezrou. Through those should be your prize- the Viceroy's Head.

((NOTE: none of that was really an action- looking casually/around isn't even an action, and I really should have mentioned the location explicitly.Unless you want to specify something to knowledge check for.))
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2015, 06:54:25 pm »

Turn Invisible. Move Action: Left, Up-Left, Up-Left, Up-Left, Interrupt to Blink Up, Up, then move Left
Standard Action: Perception Check: Doors (unless Invisibility takes up a Standard action, I'm not actually sure about the time my abilities require)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2015, 09:28:54 pm »

It's the surprise round- you only get 1 move action or 1 standard action- pick one. I'll call the invisibility either a move action or part of a move action (so you could move/invis or blink/invis.
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:39 pm »

Okay, can I move/blink/invis? Or are Blink and Invisiblity moveswift actions?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:43:04 pm by Remuthra »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:31 pm »

((Hmmm, should i maybe move to A/B 5 and set up a flanking bonus?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2015, 09:44:06 pm »

Would be a good idea. I can actually deal decent damage that way.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:54 pm »

Charge attack the green hezrou.

Get over as far to the left as i legally can.

Blink 10 feet southwest as a swift action prior to charge if thats allowed, just so i can get to C5.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:25:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2015, 11:18:06 pm »

Okay, can I move/blink/invis? Or are Blink and Invisiblity moveswift actions?

((You can do all three of those things in surprise round- Move takes your move action, you can use your swift action (I'm saying you get one of those on your surprise round, rules are vague) to blink, and your invisibility you can do during a move action- I.E. you can take any move action and use invisibility at the same time at no penalty- kinda like drawing a weapon as part of a move action.))

Charge attack the green hezrou.

Get over as far to the left as i legally can.

Blink 10 feet southwest as a swift action prior to charge if thats allowed, just so i can get to C5.

((First off, a charge is a full-round action, not a move action or a standard action- surprise rounds kinda suck for doing anything useful, sorry. You could use your move action blink though. That could be useful. Also, Hezrou's are large-))
You realize that the great beasts' arms could strike you before you have any chance to get close enough to hit it.

((Also, Rem- we're starting the double () for OoC))
Help us write a story!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

((Really? I googled it earlier and paizo said i could.
Full-Round Action:
Charge4

4 May be taken as a standard action if you are limited to taking only a single action in a round.

also i should be able to attack it without provoking an AOO if i act before it takes its first action.

Initiative:
Flat-Footed: At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order), you are flat-footed. You can't use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed. Barbarians and rogues of high enough level have the uncanny dodge extraordinary ability, which means that they cannot be caught flat-footed. Characters with uncanny dodge retain their Dexterity bonus to their AC and can make attacks of opportunity before they have acted in the first round of combat. A flat-footed character can't make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat.
))
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 12:02:32 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22