Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23438 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (5/5, Waitlist open)
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »

Swapping penetrating strikes for vleaving finishes.

Im also considering swapping to a two-handed fighter archetype, id have to go for lesser armor... but the damage potential is astounding.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2015, 08:55:19 pm »

Right. Finally going to solidify some details about backstory.
The Empire raised a legion (exactly 1000 men and women in this case) bred from their best soldiers to be even better. The idea was to create super-soldiers. They were separated from their parents at birth, and trained from infancy to be the Empire's best weapon.
W657 (Twenty Third Legion, Sixth Century, Sixty Fifth Legionary or colloquially Whiskey Foxtrot Echo George) served the Legion as a Decanus in the Sixth Century, which was devoted to covert operations. He led a Contubernium of Sagittarii and Speculatores, or, in plain English, a squad of snipers and their spotters. Then, the demons attacked and most of his brothers and sisters in arms died. He and his spotter, W689 (Whiskey Foxtrot Hotel Ike) were able to escape the death and destruction. They collected and rearmed some of the few survivors of the Legions' decimation. As far as he knows, he is the highest ranking member of the Legion left in active duty, and was granted the rank Centurion by his Legionarries, but he hates it because it came from outside the hierarchy of the Legion. It feels like a perversion of the natural order, just as his trainers (breeders might be better) intended.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:56 pm »

ive got my description and personality sort of handled, but im struggling on backstory.

should i explain why i can blink or just sweep it under the rug?
also trying to think of a good reason why a single serpentfolk warrior who should really be a high ranking elite guard or something is tagging along with an adventuring party.

hmmm... perhaps an assassin sent to kill urist mcplotdevice?

edit: This "viceroy" we are poised to kill, can i get a bit more info on him?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2015, 09:18:55 pm »

You were having a romantic relationship with the person you were supposed to be guarding, then they got killed by a demon and you're out for revenge?
As for Blinking, while trying to save the life of your beloved, you fell into a vat of experimental chemicals and got mutated.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:04 pm »

not big on the whole romance and revenge thing, although i did consider the demons killed X and exprimental chemicals parts.

hmm... thats given me an idea actually.

protecting purecaste wizard, mass teleport spell gets interrupted and misfires, wizard dies, k'sal gets teleported and partially fused with a demon or a blink dog or something.

opinions?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2015, 09:46:24 pm »

Also, I'm giving everyone a title in the characters section. Let me know if you have a specific one you want/don't like the one I gave, and I'll change it.
Already got one picked out. "The Northern Shadow".

Should be noted that a standard legion ranges from 3600-6000 men, by the way. Also, legionaries :P.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2015, 09:59:38 pm »

Should be noted that a standard legion ranges from 3600-6000 men, by the way. Also, legionaries :P.
I'm using the third century empire's model for this. There were more than just the 26 legions, so they started double lettering them, but they came into being after the 23rd legion was created, which has been in existence for ~33 years.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2015, 10:11:32 pm »

Wrote some backstory-esque stuff. Hard to have proper backstory when your shtick involves an infohazard.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2015, 10:20:08 pm »

ive got my description and personality sort of handled, but im struggling on backstory.

also trying to think of a good reason why a single serpentfolk warrior who should really be a high ranking elite guard or something is tagging along with an adventuring party.
Well, I guess with Demagogue's ability to lie and guise himself and your dimwittedness, Demagogue could've convinced you that you had new orders to assist his quest. Or the revenge thing, I guess. Doesn't have to be for a lover, could be for your homeland.
Alternatively, you could be one of the Seven Traitors (See OP)

And another on the blinking- there were/are massive magical fluxes happening (due to the fact that an enchantment woven by the God of Magic was just rent asunder).... You could be a side effect.

hmmm... perhaps an assassin sent to kill urist mcplotdevice?

edit: This "viceroy" we are poised to kill, can i get a bit more info on him?
*She, technically.
She rules over her protectorate with an iron fist- children are put to the rack, and women are flayed in the streets. Besides this, she keeps an exclusive court, and erinyes serve at her beck and call as couriers and stewardesses.

Overall, I like your ideas- I'm just giving more in case you still want some. Feel free to throw them out or use them as you please.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2015, 10:41:40 pm »

Well, I guess with Demagogue's ability to lie and guise himself and your dimwittedness, Demagogue could've convinced you that you had new orders to assist his quest.

And another on the blinking- there were/are massive magical fluxes happening (due to the fact that an enchantment woven by the God of Magic was just rent asunder).... You could be a side effect.
actually i kinda like these two ideas, especially the first. The mental image is just too good to pass up.

on the subject of my dimwittedness is it okay if i play it off as a lack of knowledge and a lazy mind rather than being "round block in a square hole" stupid?
Id like to be able to follow a conversation and understand simple instructions even if i cant understand the big words or figure out simple puzzles.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2015, 11:10:02 pm »

Well, I guess with Demagogue's ability to lie and guise himself and your dimwittedness, Demagogue could've convinced you that you had new orders to assist his quest.

actually i kinda like these two ideas, especially the first. The mental image is just too good to pass up.

on the subject of my dimwittedness is it okay if i play it off as a lack of knowledge and a lazy mind rather than being "round block in a square hole" stupid?
Id like to be able to follow a conversation and understand simple instructions even if i cant understand the big words or figure out simple puzzles.
Yeah, that's how I would expect an above-average Wis and Nearly negative Int. I mean, dogs seem to almost follow conversations and can follow orders, and you're roughly 50% smarter than that... so conversation and instruction following seem very good. Higher than average Wisdom shows considerable thought, even though your knowledge and complexity is sub-par.

EDIT: My Name is Immaterial- what do you feel more identifies W657, his conflict over his makeshift appointment to Centurion, or his ability on the field?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:32:12 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2015, 11:37:02 pm »

cheers for that.

was just going over my second sheet (i made a copy so i could test the two handed archetype) and ive discovered my mithral kikko has a +7 deflect modifier but for the life of me i cant figure out why its there, is it an inherent bonus in the material or medium armor?

edit:nevermind i figured it out, the stat block is listing my natural AC as deflect and my deflect AC as natural.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:41:28 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2015, 01:19:14 am »

So... I've got your guys' avatars for the battlemaps ready... and I've got too much time with a photo editor and also too little to do besides that.

So how do you each like your Character Representation? (These will actually be 1/2 this size, and I'll be zoomed out a bit more, but this is just a pure beauty shot.)

Spoiler: Four of the Heroes (click to show/hide)

Be happy. You in particular, Froggy Ninja- that picture had black hair, brown eyes, and a green crystal staff (I figured I was going with the powerful magic eyes, so I should make the crystal match them.)
(Also this really wasn't a big deal either, I just got really bored for a couple hours.)
Auras for really easy identification at any magnification. Also because none of these had transparency, so I had to mask that whitish border somehow.
Help us write a story!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 02:24:49 am »

Oh, and I read your description Pariah, and then realized the pictured serpentfolk didn't fit the description.
So I fixed it.
Spoiler: New vs Old (click to show/hide)

Let me know if you guys want any changes done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:30:36 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22