Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23414 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (0/4, Accepting registrations.)
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 12:40:45 am »

How much would the suggestion CR increase if it was communicable (plant a suggestion, that person can pass on suggestion with DC-2, and so on)?
+1 more CR if it's communicable. It can only transfer down 2 people (I.E. You>Suggested>Target)

How much would it take to get a light, short-range telekinesis, just so I can do things I would use hands for without moving? (And enough to float slightly, perhaps)
You mean mage hand at will x2? +0.5 CR. It'll allow you to float as a parlor trick 6 inches off the ground. If you want to float and move at the same time, you could either blink or take +0.5 CR again- and this'll let you float up to 3' off the ground or any ground within 10'. (So if you're crossing a chasm, you wouldn't plummet to the bottom of the chasm, you'd stay at 3' above ground level unless you were more than 10' from either side.)

NOTE: I reserve the right to use any of the tactics/ideas used in this thread against you. You may be sniped.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:48:45 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 02:48:28 am »

I've settled on Sniper, because it should be fun to sit on a hill somewhere and shoot everyone. And laugh. And laugh. And laugh.
For my extra CR, I'd like to use this this. Yeah or neah?
Also, could someone explain Race Points to me? Specifically: Is a 14 RP race (Drow) +0 or +1 CR/LA?

Eh, screw it. I'll deal with it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 04:06:20 am by My Name is Immaterial »

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 11:52:36 pm »

Just as an update because I thought about it and it really shouldn't be that way- errata on the blink CR adjustment; You can only blink once per round- if you swift action blink you can't move action blink, and vice versa. You can use your swift blink in the middle of a move action, though. I'll also say that the fatigue that comes from an overcharged blink doesn't kick in until the end of your turn. For super-cool mental cinematics without immediate penalties. Like guillotine axe wielders.

Oh and I'm errata'ing the original response to include this.

EDIT: Realized that I had more to say than I thought originally- remember that greater invisibility isn't invulnerable to rifts in the magical tapestry (wild/anti- magic zones) or dust of appearance. And legions communicate that there are invisible blinkers running around- and hell has plenty of training mechanisms/mageslayers w/teleport tactician.
Just so you know.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:33:41 am by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (1-3?/4, Accepting registrations.)
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:15 am »

Well obviously.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:05 pm »

Just figured that I should explicitly state it because there wasn't anything saying that blinks are exclusive, and also because I never stated that the other things were (Su) and thus affected by rifting and jazz.
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 01:13:30 pm »

Yeah, that's good to make explicit. I meant
EDIT: Realized that I had more to say than I thought originally- remember that greater invisibility isn't invulnerable to rifts in the magical tapestry (wild/anti- magic zones) or dust of appearance. And legions communicate that there are invisible blinkers running around- and hell has plenty of training mechanisms/mageslayers w/teleport tactician.
Just so you know.
and
NOTE: I reserve the right to use any of the tactics/ideas used in this thread against you. You may be sniped.
are obvious :P.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 01:27:39 pm »

I've decided on a Rogue (Chameleon) 13 with the Fighter Creature Template. Now to roll him up.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 04:26:14 pm »

PTW. Probs gonna be a alchemist.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 11:55:10 am »

Just noticed a thing that could be helpful to blinking folks- there is such a thing called Path of War for Pathfinder, which is pretty much the Tome of Battle- what with maneuvers and stances and such (This might be common knowledge or not, I'm not sure as I've just found it.) It's Dreamscarred material, but they're pretty good about balance and neat stuff, so it's allowed (and so is psionics, just in case.).

If someone needs the link, it's here.

Oh, and this is a bump too.

EDIT: I was looking through your character sheet, Remuthra, and I noticed an inconsistency- elves can't possess their elven immunities, lightbringer, and dreamspeaker at the same time- dreamspeaker replaces the immunites, and lightbringer replaces them and elven magic. An ability can't replace an ability that's already been replaced once.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:00:29 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 02:02:54 pm »

I'm a little new to the game. How is CR calculated? I couldn't find it on the SRD.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 02:44:27 pm »

EDIT: I was looking through your character sheet, Remuthra, and I noticed an inconsistency- elves can't possess their elven immunities, lightbringer, and dreamspeaker at the same time- dreamspeaker replaces the immunites, and lightbringer replaces them and elven magic. An ability can't replace an ability that's already been replaced once.
I'll check them again. It's entirely possible when I was replacing all my elven traits I missed something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

I'm a little new to the game. How is CR calculated? I couldn't find it on the SRD.
The way I'm working it is by adding class level to CR from templates.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »

Internal alchemy. Like your insides can be used as an alchemical workstation with the final material excreted through fangs.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 03:54:24 pm »

Yeah, PC's are generally referred to as being the same CR as their class level (this is different from npc's, due to players typically having better gear/party synergies). To adjust this, add either the abilities discussed on the first page (I'll put rulings like that into the OP for reference soon) or templates, found here. The CR+1 templates are especially nice, since you're allowed 14 class levels but need 1 extra CR.

On another note since someone mentioned it earlier and I don't think I got around to answering it, I'd count the standard drow as a CR+1 race. If you take out the spell resistance or the spell like abilities, then they're CR+0. (Regular races are between 8-12 Race Points). Similarly, Kobolds and similarly weak races are CR-1.

Internal alchemy. Like your insides can be used as an alchemical workstation with the final material excreted through fangs.
Assuming you're asking about doing that, then I'll allow you to count it as a sort-of archetype- You can forsake poison resistance, swift alchemy, and swift poisoning to substitute for internal alchemy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Help us write a story!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22