Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(3/5, Accepting players)  (Read 23455 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pathfinder] After the Rifting (ACTIVE)(5/5, Waitlist)
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2015, 08:30:58 am »

Demagogue suddenly appears out of thin air as well, and fishes in his Bag of Holding for his pen and parchment, then writes, "Loot the bodies if necessary. I will check the door for traps."

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2015, 10:07:45 am »

K'sal
You inspect the body on the wall. It is almost unrecognizable as anything, but you can tell that it was once an elf maiden (However, any idea of her loveliness was lost long ago). Her flesh is almost completely flayed from her bones, and there is no clothing or item of value on her. Even the manacles she was bound with show considerable wear due to constant heavy use.

Demagogue
Looting the bodies gives very little- the Hezrous were little more than dogs in their properties and privileges. You gather 33 Platinum Pieces.

[take 20: 39; you find no suspicion of traps.] This door seems to be well-used as it leads directly to the throne room and 'royal' quarters.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2015, 10:10:58 am »

*scribblescribblescribble*

"Ready?"

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »

W657 takes out his Traveler's Any Tool, unfolding it into a stand for his crossbow, takes a moment to hammer his Iron Spike of Safe Passage into the ground. A knocked over table appears in front of him as he loads his crossbow with a normal bolt. He then slips his ring back on.
"Ready."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2015, 03:40:10 pm »

"Ready." replies K'sal as he moves to the door and stands ready to charge through.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2015, 06:42:02 pm »

Special Surprise round since everyone dedicated time to ready their act, you get a full-round surprise round. Treat this as any normal round, but your enemies are surprised- Flat-footed and all that.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

K'sal kicks the door, knocking the whole thing off its hinges and 10' into the adjoining room- you see four Fallen Angels- Erinyes- two wielding blades of flame while the others hold bows laced with hellfire. The dread viceroy sits on her throne, Twin tentacles forming a crown over her fiendish visage while her gown of tentacles squirms and writhes in anticipation.

K'sal gets initiative first.

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:45:20 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2015, 07:09:43 pm »

Use Snapshot to get an 20 for initiative in a surprise round.
Full Attack against the viceroy: 14+24, 18+19.

Since those probably hit, Use Underhanded to get max damage on Sneak Attack dice.
Damage: 2+3+42+14, 7+3+42+14.

That'll be 127 damage, minus applicable DR*2 of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »

((Err, advice?

I think ive only got 2 hits left in me.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2015, 08:35:36 pm »

((I suggest we try to stay back, and make them come to us. MNII can knock them out from cover, forcing them to come out to get us, and then when they come you and I can one-two combo them. Erinyes aren't too tough, and it sounds like the Viceroy's immobile.

For now, though, try and take cover. We can't use this surprise round; they're too far away.))

EDIT: Why are Hezrou working in the same place as Erinyes? Aren't they supposed to be diametrically opposed?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:42:39 pm by Remuthra »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2015, 08:43:21 pm »

blink 10' left.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:05:03 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2015, 08:49:33 pm »

Demagogue takes a 5' step to D12, then blinks to B9 and rapidly to A6, turning invisible as he moves.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2015, 10:10:50 pm »

I had also intended to snipe, so stealth roll, at a -20.
Continue stealthing. 12+48-20.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2015, 10:41:54 pm »

So sneaky.

Should I make Move Silently checks?

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2015, 10:49:49 pm »

W657
((You would only take -10 to your stealth roll due to stealthy sniper, but you're observed in normal light.))
12+48-20=40 (Opposed by 5 perception checks; 32,25,25,18,13- you remain unseen... somehow...)
You aim past the erinyes toward the dread matriarch- breathe in; and out- and loose. A solid hit connects to the handmaiden's left shoulder, then another bolt flies and sinks cleanly in her right. Pain wells up in her face, and her tentacled crown unravels in a mask of pure fury. "Foul Scourge! Why do you bother? Your people are broken, your kingdoms conquered. You can save none from our onslaught! Your world has become OUR domain! Now fall before your Viceroy."
-107 damage-

Demagogue
In the cloud of dust and debris following the door, you rush through the room behind a pillar, and blink thereafter to stand behind the second. You make it there-unnoticed with your quick movements and the considerable amount of dust created by the ancient door ripping hinges out of ancient stone.

K'sal
Knowing your limits, you blink out of sight while the door flies out to avoid drawing any fire from the archers you noticed as the dust billowed out. You hold your blade at the ready in case one comes toward the door, however.

((No, Rem- you don't need to, your path takes you in such a manner that you can blink from pillar to pillar unnoticed.))

Round 1(not surprise)
Green Erinyes:
The Fallen flies over to I7, thinking she had noticed one of the party sneak to the side of the wall- and can barely see K'sal's armor glinting in the light. She shoots, but her arrow has no chance of hitting a target so small and well-armored.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle Map (click to show/hide)

K'sal gets action first, then Demagogue.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:25:16 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2015, 10:55:49 pm »

How physically strong, and how nimble, does the Viceroy look?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22