Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Roll to Escape the Dungeon!  (Read 21862 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Escape the Dungeon!
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2015, 01:08:01 pm »

Grigi, ol' boy. Where doe we go now?
"Haha, we showed these beast, yes! Perhaps we go through door over there, on left side of room?"

Grab loot on floor, then go and have a looksie/listen at the door on the left side of the room we're in.

Also, try to remember how I can get my health back.

follow

"let's go! Ever notice that we're supposed to escape this dungeon, but we're expected to go deeper to complete our tasks? I wonder if the Amulet of Yendor can get me to bone a goddess..."
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2015, 03:21:39 pm »

could I join the wait list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am ready to be added to the wait list. I have made the final edits.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:28:58 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2015, 02:11:16 pm »

You're missing five points. Did you mean to put them to INT?

Edit: I'll also be updating the OP with more information relevant to how the game has evolved so far, so any waitlisted characters can change their starting stats accordingly. As well, I'll grant every current character one reallocation of their stats to compensate if they want it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:17:32 pm by RoaryStar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2015, 02:19:26 pm »

You're missing five points. Did you mean to put them to INT?

Edit: I'll also be updating the OP with more information relevant to how the game has evolved so far, so any waitlisted characters can change their starting stats accordingly. As well, I'll grant every current character one reallocation of their stats to compensate if they want it.
yes. I wish to know how to defeat my enemies while also sprinting around being too fast for my enemies. also could I change my class to ranger, looking over my stats, it just makes more sense
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2015, 02:58:56 pm »

The OP has been updated. Everyone, please re-read it and consider if you need to adjust your characters.

yes. I wish to know how to defeat my enemies while also sprinting around being too fast for my enemies. also could I change my class to ranger, looking over my stats, it just makes more sense

I'll give you some time to edit your post before waitlisting you.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2015, 03:14:27 pm »

The OP has been updated. Everyone, please re-read it and consider if you need to adjust your characters.

done. It just seemed like a fast character with accuracy and lots of knowledge on the enemy just strikes me as a ranger. Also strikes me as an elf. At least make hi ma cool elf like legolas. Not an jerk elf like elrond.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2015, 03:23:22 pm »

Move one point from Agility to Intuition.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »

done. I finaly made my mind between assasin and archer. I may be minmaxing a bit but I think this will be better and allow me to f***** a bit more
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:14:07 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Turn 16
[Prev][Next]

Garrick

You stand guard and peek through the door, which leads into an unlit hallway with Southern-turning corners on both ends. In the middle, there are two doorways. The Southern one is closed while the Northern one is smashed off its hinges. You can see a little through it; it seems to be a dimly-lit room. You can hear some shuffling and talking from there, so you loudly proclaim towards it:

"Oi! I've killed four beasties so far wot tried to take my head off! You best be a friend, else you'll be number five!"

You hear a loud roar from the East side of the hallway.

Oops.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xvareon (click to show/hide)

Barry

Having calmed down from the great battle, you turn to Grigori.

"Grigi, ol' boy. Where doe we go now?

As he picks up the loot, he replies "Haha, we showed these beast, yes! Perhaps we go through door orver there, on left side of room?"

Following as he goes over, you remark "Let's go! Ever notice that we're supposed to escape this dungeon, but we're expected to go deeper to complete our tasks? I wonder if the Amulet of Yendor can get me to bone a goddess..."

As you walk out, you realize you're in the same place you were just a few minutes ago.

Just then, you hear a loud boast, coming from the room you were just in as well as lightly from the door in front of you: "Oi! I've killed four beasties so far wot tried to take my head off! You best be a friend, else you'll be number five!"
Spoiler: Nidilap (click to show/hide)

Aoshi

[STL][PRC]
[BLF]
[ATK][DDG][DMG][RST]
[ATK][DDG][DMG][RST]

You fool the troglodyte into walking over, and then viciously slash at its eyes.

Unfortunately, you've unbalanced yourself - but the troglodyte hasn't regained its composure yet.
Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Grigori

Calming down after the battle, Barry asks you "Grigi, ol' boy. Where doe we go now?

You pick up the 19 coins that were dropped as you reply "Haha, we showed these beast, yes! Perhaps we go through door orver there, on left side of room?"

You start walking over, and your companion follows, remarking along the way, "Let's go! Ever notice that we're supposed to escape this dungeon, but we're expected to go deeper to complete our tasks? I wonder if the Amulet of Yendor can get me to bone a goddess..."

Going through the door, you find yourself in a dimly-lit hallway. There's a door to your immediate North-West, a locked door to you South-West, and the corridor turns North at the far West.

Thinking about ways to heal, the most simple one you can think of is to just do nothing for a turn.

You then hear in the direction of the room you just came from - as well as lightly from the locked door ahead - a loud boast: "Oi! I've killed four beasties so far wot tried to take my head off! You best be a friend, else you'll be number five!"
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)

[Prev][Next]

I am ready to be added to the wait list. I have made the final edits.
Waitlisted.

Waitlisted.

Move one point from Agility to Intuition.
Done.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:02:12 pm by RoaryStar »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2015, 05:52:12 pm »

((...Oh, boy. Um, someone might wanna break down that locked door (or unlock it from that side) and help me out, here...))

Hah! A challenge at last! I back up to the far side of the room, set my back to the wall and align my front with the door, and ready my spear to receive charge. I eye all three doors intently, but focus most on the one where I heard the shout. Come on out, ye beastie!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:58:52 pm by Xvareon »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2015, 01:01:26 am »

Throw a knife at the troggie, regain balance and assume stealthmode.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2015, 12:08:32 pm »

"Friend! I am slightly wounded! Let me catch my breath for a bit!"

Do nothing, heal.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 24, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »

Do nothing, heal.

Watch his back.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:48 pm »

Turn 17
[Prev][Next]

Garrick

Backing up, you receive an answer to your previous question as a mutter coming out from the door to you north.

You hear some footsteps cautiously approaching from the East.
Spoiler: Xvareon (click to show/hide)

Barry

Grigori answers the mysterious voice with "Friend! I am slightly wounded! Let me catch my breath for a bit!" while you guard him. You then notice the cautious steps coming from the South-East.
Spoiler: Nidilap (click to show/hide)

Aoshi

[AIM][DMG][RST]
[BLF]

Before the troglodyte can recover, you draw and throw one of your throwing knives at point black, making him reel back in pain. You then jump off the wall and slam the other door open, hiding behind it, bluffing the confused Troglodyte into thinking you went back into the room.

Peeking from the open door, you see the Troglodyte looking around in utter confusion.
Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Grigori
[HP+]

You call back to the mysterious voice "Friend! I am slightly wounded! Let me catch my breath for a bit!"

You then grab you knees for a bit to rest and let your body naturally regenerate.

Gaining 2 HP back, you look over yourself a bit. You have a gash across your left arm and chest; if you patched it up a bit, it would definitely heal faster.

You then hear light footsteps from the South-East.
Spoiler: Pancaek (click to show/hide)

[Prev][Next]

Unfortunately, for the next week starting tomorrow, I'll be on a trip to the US, with maybe 10 minutes a day with my laptop and no wifi.
The week after that, I'll be inaccessible during the day, so updates will take a long time.

The good news is that after that, I have nothing to do, so updates should come quickly.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:17:17 pm by RoaryStar »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14