Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant kill Elves!  (Read 1060 times)

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cant kill Elves!
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:16 pm »

Hello people.   Have a HUGE problem in m current fort version 40.16.   Year three of the fort and have succesfully used kill commands to slaughter elven caravans and a goblin ambush.   However on the last elf caravan I used a multi kill order for the first time and it resulted in nearly all the elves escaping and very few of my dwarves engaging (chalked this up to a discipline issue).

I just gave a kill command for an elf in the most recent caravan and its resulted in all 50 of my soldiers charging the elf only to follow him around in circles in my courtyard.   They will mob it and surround it but so far the only combat was the elf merchant getting a lucky 1 punch kill on a speardwarf and some of my dwarves parrying.

Side note i attacked a human caravan and after killing a human soldier the caravan did not flee nor did the other guards attack my dwarves.

Any help?

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: Cant kill Elves!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »

That's a known bug that was fixed in 40.24.

If you don't want to upgrade, try having smaller groups attacking, as the bug was apparently triggered by having too many friendly units in line-of-sight. Also try a station order instead of a kill one.

But really, update. There's been a lot of quality of life improvements in the intervening releases.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:15 am »

That's a known bug that was fixed in 40.24.

If you don't want to upgrade, try having smaller groups attacking, as the bug was apparently triggered by having too many friendly units in line-of-sight. Also try a station order instead of a kill one.

But really, update. There's been a lot of quality of life improvements in the intervening releases.

This. Also, elf caravans aren't (initially...) hostile so station orders may not work.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:49:21 am »

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned methods-- like putting the depot inside a drowning chamber?
Seriously-- why waste perfectly good crossbow ammunition on the pointy eared hysterics?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:50:36 am »

Training?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 02:02:33 pm »

Thx for the help.   Time to get with the times i suppose!