Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][OOC Here]  (Read 3718 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check for a Weapon Design game
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 02:49:02 pm »

The character sheet is missing from the thread.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 03:20:37 pm »

(The link to the thread isn't working either. Though it's easy enough to find.)
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 03:53:15 pm »

Really? Hell. It got cutoff after the map... silly char limits.

As for the link, Ill check it again.

Annnd I had it backwards... Wee...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 05:26:22 am »

Bloop.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:03 am »

Maybe we should use this thread for discussions to avoid cluttering the turns up so much?
Caine's law.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:44 am »

Probably yeah. Hey aseaheru, make this the ooc thread!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea.
Highly Opinionated Fool

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile

PTW

Also what would any nation gain by invading us? The only nations in the atlantic with the forces to invade us are the US and GB the US is in a period of isolation and depression and were offering them gold for a few engineers, GBwould bother invading us for if we offer them the same deal. If needed we can ask the council premission to license our designs to them absurbly cheap if that sweets the deal.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile

That's the current situation. Should it change, we will want to have better military equipment than these forgein powers.

Also, isn't the risk of invasion the very reason our board exists?

Why don't we at least see how the Council is at recruiting on its own before we take that job into our own hands?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:22:33 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt they'll get us enough people. We need at least a dozen ballistic engineers alone. To make artillery, ship weapons, tank weapons, infantry weapons, plane weapons and so on.
Several times that number of normal engineers to support them.
Material engineers to support them.

And that's only for the guns and bombs and shells.

We've got a of of catching up to do so we need a lot of engineers. I can get all our kit out but I need enough engineers to allow me to take on a few jobs at once without crippling myself.
Caine's law.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile

We also need materials to create those weapons, vehicles and their housings. Heck we'll need to do some spending just to accuire the tools and build the facilities that'll allow us to create them. Our designs are a source of income as well. If we forgo the right to sell those just to have more engineers, we'll end up with a wealth of build plans but few physical goods.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess. If they don't get us enough engineers though I'm just gonna sell the MG design to get some later. It ain't gonna change the face of warfare even if our enemies end up with it.
Caine's law.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile

I've probably been arguing for long enough. I guess I will be asking the council for permission to recruit.

Now, how do I formulate that?  'Permission to recruit engineers with the permission of the host goverment'? 'Permision to negociate the transfer of aditional engineers'? Recruitment isn't exactly in our job description, so I should probably watch my words if I propose doing it.

If you don't mind, I'll be taking France as my country to visit. If I were to recruit engineers in the UK, any spies that could turn up would be rather incriminating to me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:24:14 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, people. Done hashing out what you want done enough for me to update?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'm gonna drop this.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4