Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who sets population caps?  (Read 1937 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Who sets population caps?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2015, 07:31:42 pm »

I keep the strict cap at 220 and the child cap at whatever the default is then set the standard one to 20-40 depending on whether I'm using any mods. I'd like to have fortresses with a slow population growth starting at about one dwarf per job with some extras for food and less for things like hunting or woodcrafting because getting waves of 20+ adequate milkers arriving to my fort every season is too overwhelming and I end up with nothing for most of them to do so they just sit in the dining hall wasting food and being unhappy because they don't have a job and I just hate it. If I got three children a year though I'd easily be able to provide a good job for each of them which will be prepared for beforehand and I will remember to set up the workshops where if I got 20 dwarves I might make the first one a soap maker, and by the end of it completely forget that I got a soap maker.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 [2]