Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Rebel Galaxy  (Read 26046 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Galaxy
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2016, 12:47:24 pm »

Game is on sale for half on on Steam right now. Worth it? Have there been any improvements to it in the last year?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2016, 04:56:04 pm »

I paid full price for it when it came out, and have fully enjoyed it. About 50-60 hours or so put into it.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »

Haven't noticed it get any major updates, although I haven't been paying too much attention. Still has pretty low replayability, but customizing the soundtrack helps that quite a bit and it's still nice just to go back every once in a while and cruise around blowing up ships to loud blues-rock. Game's definitely worth it at half price, if you're on the fence.

(My customized soundtrack includes Tom Waits, Delta Rae, Zombie Ghost Train, Nekromantix, Yoshida Brothers, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, the Firefly soundtrack, and a smattering of other stuff. Soundtrack customization is such a great game mechanic.)
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2016, 06:44:56 pm »

I found the gameplay to get repetitive to the point that I didn't feel like finishing the game. I did however enjoy my time with it for the first 15 or so hours before I decided to stop playing and move on to other things.

The soundtrack is really great though, that was one of my favourite things about the game.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2019, 12:34:39 pm »

Rise from your grave!

So, Double Damage Games is about to release a sequel or spin-off of this called Rebel Galaxy Outlaws.
Unfortunately, imo, they've fallen victim to the Epic Games Store Exclusive cult.
Guess I'll be waiting quite awhile, at best, to play this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2019, 09:23:45 pm »

Yeah I will probably skip this one entirely. Not because it doesn't look good but because I can't support this whole exclusivity culture Epic is building. That shit can stay in consoles where it belongs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2019, 01:38:39 am »

Same here. I was actually looking forward to get it on release. Once they announced the Epic stuff I nope'd out.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2019, 10:24:00 am »

Also in the "not gonna get because of Epic store exclusive" boat.  I really dug the first game, it was a good game when you realize it was made by 2 guys, even if they're industry veterans.  At the very least they could have also put it up on the Windows store like Outer Worlds has done, but it's an ACTUAL exclusive and not a timed one it seems :/

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2019, 03:35:57 pm »

Doesn't seem like a downside to me. Whatever gets the devs more money for their product, honestly.

Besides it's just a launcher, not like it's a console that's retailing 300~ dollars or more.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2019, 03:55:04 pm »

Doesn't seem like a downside to me. Whatever gets the devs more money for their product, honestly.

Besides it's just a launcher, not like it's a console that's retailing 300~ dollars or more.

Epic, Sony, Microsoft... they've all had their security leaks, although Epic's is one of the worst in awhile and almost guaranteed to happen again because they don't think ahead. Years of lessons learned by the big names and Epic has been throwing money at baby steps.

And here I am expecting Outlaw to be more than just a small iteration on a boring game than needed variety.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2019, 05:56:11 pm »

I snatched a small amount of play time on this, and it isn't like the first game. All the stuff in stations is well done, but the space stuff is not. It's moved from the broadside gameplay to dogfight, and it doesn't do it well. The hardest setting limits you to cockpit view, and the situational awareness in this mode is terrible.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2019, 06:25:26 pm »

I snatched a small amount of play time on this, and it isn't like the first game.
Neat. Change is good, usually.
All the stuff in stations is well done, but the space stuff is not. It's moved from the broadside gameplay to dogfight, and it doesn't do it well.
Well that's unfortunate. Like, really unfortunate. I really liked the "sea battles in space" feeling.
The hardest setting limits you to cockpit view, and the situational awareness in this mode is terrible.
This seems... to be working as expected?
Guess that depends on how they defined the difficulty. Sounds similar to Elite or Star Citizen, as far as situational awareness goes. I guess that could be a good and bad thing.
In any case, it's better than the usual difficulty changes of "we put an extra multiplier on the bad things, and a divisor on the good ones."

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »

I snatched a small amount of play time on this, and it isn't like the first game.
Neat. Change is good, usually.
All the stuff in stations is well done, but the space stuff is not. It's moved from the broadside gameplay to dogfight, and it doesn't do it well.
Well that's unfortunate. Like, really unfortunate. I really liked the "sea battles in space" feeling.
The hardest setting limits you to cockpit view, and the situational awareness in this mode is terrible.
This seems... to be working as expected?
Guess that depends on how they defined the difficulty. Sounds similar to Elite or Star Citizen, as far as situational awareness goes. I guess that could be a good and bad thing.
In any case, it's better than the usual difficulty changes of "we put an extra multiplier on the bad things, and a divisor on the good ones."

The cockpit feels like a matte over the screen. As far as I could tell, there isn't any way to pan your head. Elite set the radar standard back in '84, this game chose not to follow that standard.

The stuff in stations is really nice. Flying, not so much.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2019, 11:42:36 am »

The launcher isn't the issue. I'm very happy that the devs are well taken care of but I don't like the idea behind paying for exclusivity.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2019, 01:59:42 pm »

Do you own *any* game consoles?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9