Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134528 times)

Vann

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #1140 on: February 21, 2019, 04:08:16 am »

Crusader Kings 2 and Sil, a roguelike.

Hmm... A dynastic playthrough in Angband? I guess it might be interesting, there kinda is a Middle-Earth mod for CK2.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 21, 2019, 05:07:24 am »

creeper world 3 + league of legends

.. would probalby be some sort of MOBA with waves of goo instead of discrete minions. not sure how well it'd work.
Three-sided MOBA, with the two teams of players fighting each other for dominance while also devoting resources to fight the encroaching goo for survival.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 21, 2019, 12:17:23 pm »

creeper world 3 + league of legends

.. would probalby be some sort of MOBA with waves of goo instead of discrete minions. not sure how well it'd work.
Three-sided MOBA, with the two teams of players fighting each other for dominance while also devoting resources to fight the encroaching goo for survival.
So a MOBA that's also a Battle Royale?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 21, 2019, 01:30:40 pm »

EVE Online + Trials in Tainted Space:

an MMO with a masive universe to explore with different locations and exotic (sometimes sexy) races living on it. game plays like a Space Simulator with tactical style of combat while in space, including actions like extracting resources, trading, fighting pirates, etc. you can land on planets and dock in stations but they are played like a Text Based + Rogue Like/Dungeon Crawling adventure, where you can interact with different NPCs including vendors, random encounters or persistent characters that provide interesting missions to take.

your character starts as a pure human or a hybrid with features of certain popular space travelling species, your character is inmortal via technology thanks to cloning and informorph technology and the medical nanites inside your body allows you to shapeshift into different biological features depending on what you apply to your body, being able to potentially transform into most of the alien species found in the known universe (at the cost of tainting your genetic code).

your character works on a system of Skills, Perks an Stats:

-Skills are learned overtime and have an effect on what you can use while in space and in some equipments used on your character
-Stats are gained while leveling up actively, they effect the speed at which you learn skills and also provide certain bonifications during planetary and station exploration
-Perks are special abilities and passive bonuses you get each time you lvl, they are tied to specific professions providing extra functionalities both in space and while going on foot

your character can equip different weapons, tools and clothing, this includes underwear and power armor. power armors come in different flavors and can be augmented using modules in a manner similart to the spaceships you fly out in the void, the modules can provide everything from resource gathering to combat, disruption, support (logistics) and even scientific work like hacking, analyzing, salvaging, etc.

spaceships come in different sizes but require your character to attune further on its skills before flying them, from small civilian shuttles to massive capital ships that are borderline moving cities with their own facilities depending on what modules you put on them. you can contract other players or even NPCs to work as the main officers while relegating other stuff to regular, generic crew and automized systems to take charge of the spaceship needs while out in space. you can also take your officers and other contracted companions as party members when exploring planets and stations.

player to player interaction is done in both parts, space interaction plays like in most multiplayer spacesims whereas station and planetary environments are more based on text menus and chatboxes.

players can choose their start like soldiers, graduates, urchins, etc. just for story flavor, you can later join a corporation and perhaps an alliance or work your reputation with certain NPCs factions to join them as a contracted or exalted member in their circle with new interactions and benefits.

alliances can take hold of unexplored regions of space so long as they dont have sentient species, being able to create colonies and setup stations around the planets (the exploration grid is procedurally generated for planets, stations may have a standard grid). all of this while keeping and investing on their sovereignty over their chosen systems.

the universe would also inclue strange regions of space hidden behind a web of wormholes or a tainted/abyssal layer of space that can only be explored by finding filaments which open special instanced pockets of space that you can explore on your ship for a time, perhaps finding abandoned stations and planetary enfironments on the way.

most of the market would be seeded by player made products with a few things being NPC based and which could be traded around by players if they wanted, a system of blueprints would allow for players to craft and produce everything from knives to food, spaceships and the like. only things like medical drugs and other similar equipment would be gated by NPCs.

there wouldnt be a linear progression in the game, rather, players would have to make their own progresion by planning their perks, skills and stats and the professions they would like to work with. classes would just add the perks and wouldnt limit the players to learn completely different skills to what they want. in addition, they would have acces to implants and enhancing temporary drugs to improve their experience.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 21, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »

And you can choose to either be reasonable and play the game with one of the challenging classes, or you can pick the one that can defeat any enemy in the game (bosses included) within the first two turns of combat.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 21, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »

Super Minecraft Odyssey

You can get past every obstacle in the game by just digging and building around it. Use Leather Cappy to possess an Enderman and teleport around.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:06:02 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 25, 2019, 05:34:25 am »

My in-dev game + Garry's Mod

A buggy, unplayable version of Garry's Mod where you can run into your own bullets
thincake

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 26, 2019, 05:37:24 pm »

Ark: Aberration + Night in the Woods

Uhhh hmm. I'm drawing a blank here.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 26, 2019, 05:47:53 pm »

Trolls2

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 28, 2019, 07:58:32 am »

A game twice as bad
thincake

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 28, 2019, 12:49:13 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:44:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 28, 2019, 02:24:17 pm »

Yandere Simulator + Mari0
You must travel through 8 worlds in order to save your belove Sempai from the evil Osana, killing all whom stand in your way, then getting rid of the evidence. Also, you have a portal gun for some reason.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 01, 2019, 10:36:57 am »

Stellaris and Stronghold Crusader HD

Uh... a slightly sillier Crusader Kings II?  Or space RTS where you build resource collection buildings on planets and asteroids, then build ships to throw at the enemy, who is a hammy, poorly rendered 3D character that constantly sends threats to you.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 07, 2019, 01:41:19 am »

So I started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf again, and I've also been playing a lot of Aurora, and it made me think of this thread.
At first I thought the combination was impossible, but after awhile I realized, it's just No Man's Sky isn't it? Mostly single player, exploring lots of different systems looking for resources, doing little tasks for the funny aliens back at your base, customizing your ships and base with various parts, spending way too much money for slightly more storage space.

I think I like my other idea better though. Basically Animal Crossing but in space. Your town is a Solar System, and the residents are Governors. You can research new expansions for the various planets, but each one might take days(they occur in real time, and you have to pay for them), and you fly your ship around the system gathering resources and collecting things and socializing with your governors. Sometimes they'll have tasks like "My planet would like a new (Researched building or collected item)" but it's basically optional. You can also tour your world, your governors' worlds, or visit your friends' systems. I don't know what else. Presumably to borrow more from Aurora, planets can have stats for suitability, mineral and financial wealth, population, and environment.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 20, 2019, 11:00:04 pm »

Fallout 2 (melee weapon build) and X-Piratez

All I know is last night I dreamed a dystopian semi-wasteland, and my flintlock ran out of ammo.  So I ran up to the corp agent and executed some Tai-Chi.  It was like the Matrix but without time actually slowing down, he just had to take it because rules.

Some pretty sweet high kicks!  Proud of those.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 82