Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134571 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #1035 on: November 27, 2018, 10:30:24 pm »

I keep wanting to play Killing Floor 2, but my core group isn't about FPS anymore.  I've been meaning to try it since it launched.  I've even done some solo runs in KF1, chasing that elusive Mr Perky via explosives.  But it's a good game that reminds me of the past.  I'm still not ready to try it's awesome sequel with a shotgun hammer.  That's still such a perfect concept for this setting.

X-Piratez and Hotline Miami 2.  Pillage is one thing, but what about the inevitable slaughter?  Do you enjoy hurting people?  You smash someone with a ballbat (or boat anchor) and think you're better because they'll live to experience poverty.  But your wife still leaves you, and the hobo doesn't want your dirty money or your holier than thou attitude.  Best case, you're going to be just like your mothers, except a bit more vicious and drunk.

Fricken HM2 ruining my pirate fantasy
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 29, 2018, 02:24:04 pm »

Red Dead Redemption 2 and TW:W2

... Lizardmen FPS. Or possibly being an outrider in the shithole that is the Old World, trying to survive with only your wits, quick trigger finger, and a heaping dose of pure luck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 29, 2018, 02:28:46 pm »

Dead by Daylight and Dwarf Fortress.

Escape the monster and survive, with ASCII graphics...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 29, 2018, 02:41:20 pm »

Also I played XCOM 2 recently, so a RDR2 style game fighting aliens with awesome guns or a tactical cowboy squad game.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 29, 2018, 03:38:08 pm »

Also I played XCOM 2 recently, so a RDR2 style game fighting aliens with awesome guns or a tactical cowboy squad game.
Cowboys vs. Aliens: The Game

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 29, 2018, 09:47:11 pm »

Streets of Rogue and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:

An expanded stealth system including crouching, crawling, dives, and the ability to grab and interrogate enemies.

Supply drops can be purchased mid-run for chicken nuggets.
Melee throws are added to the combat system.

Probably some shit about nukes or instant noodles.

Dunno, though. Wouldn't exactly capture what folks like Kojima brought to the table.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 29, 2018, 11:01:51 pm »

Aurora and Final Fantasy V.  Hmmm, that's a doozy to try and mix. 

Instead of four people, you operate a small fleet led by your four heroes (shades of Infinite Space here) backed up from your homeworld whose development you also get to guide.  You don't get a standardized array of classes at all, but they are instead custom-designed down to individual weapons, armor, engines, or shards of crystal that grant new skills.  You get new features for your ships through developing your equipment and exploring local space which contains four great crystals that control the local jump network that had been tapped for power by the Precursors, a long-fallen civilization who once ruled these stars.  These crystals have begun shattering one after another due to mysterious causes definitely not in any way tied to all of them being linked to massive Precursor amplifying devices that were left running unattended ever since they died out, and you must fight through local autonomous warships, great ponderous ships once operated by the Precursors to reach them in time to prevent this.  You fail, of course, and get thrown into a new sector of space somehow mysteriously both like and unlike your own home space.  In total, you'll end up fighting your way through three sectors (1, 2, and 1+2 combined) against progressively more difficult foes until you finally must face down the Invaders who once tried to destroy the Precursors and forced them to rive their own empire in an attempt to trap the Invaders in a void without stars, from which they've been reaching out with small task forces sent through wormholes to manipulate events and bring about their return in full force. 

Oh, and at least one major sequence will be a massive running battle between two fleets taking place over an exceptionally long jump chain of stars against Invader admiral's goofy, irreverent XO. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 11:06:35 pm by Culise »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 30, 2018, 08:50:51 am »

Final Fantasy V

Oh, and at least one major sequence will be a massive running battle between two fleets taking place over an exceptionally long jump chain of stars against Invader admiral's goofy, irreverent XO.

I was with you up to here. This sounds like III/VI. Maybe I just haven't progressed far enough in V.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 30, 2018, 11:15:11 am »

Battle Brothers and Starsector. Um....I guess Battle Brothers where you can get a bunch of people to follow you and found a new town?

Either that or an RTS version of Battle Brothers where you don't control your guys individually but instead just give them generic orders and rely on the AI to do a good job.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 30, 2018, 07:21:57 pm »

Nah, it's starsector with hexes. :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 30, 2018, 09:18:17 pm »

Final Fantasy V

I was with you up to here. This sounds like III/VI. Maybe I just haven't progressed far enough in V.
Spoiler: FF5 spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:23:34 pm by Culise »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 03, 2018, 11:51:25 am »

Farming Simulator 13 (I'm a bit behind the times...) and Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage (tis the season)

Basically that mission in GTA: San Andreas but you've got to clean up after yourself after gibbing the farmers.

Ai Shizuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 03, 2018, 01:06:37 pm »

Hearts of iron IV and Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

While the big WW2 events happen in the background, you manage a small squad of soldiers with different roles, going on infiltration missions behind the enemy lines.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 03, 2018, 01:19:58 pm »

You've got to clean up after yourself after gibbing the farmers.

That could be an interesting way of forcing the player to acknowledge that what they’re doing might not be too morally acceptable...

But I’m not sure how to keep that from being tedious. Maybe make it so you do things like revisit levels or even set up base in there, and the corpses/their remains probably look pretty ugly and ruin the atmosphere?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 03, 2018, 05:24:22 pm »

Battle Brothers and the Last Days of the Third Age (LOTR mod for M&B: Warband)

I'd play the heck out of a Lord of the Rings mod for Battle Brothers. The world is probably closer to a Game of Thrones mod though.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:26:23 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 82