Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134477 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #690 on: April 28, 2016, 09:14:50 pm »

Mario Kart 8 and Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

Working title: Isaac Kart: ∞

Drive around a randomized race course, in four sections each repeated twice, functionally eight laps. Pick up powerups that increase your race kart's functionality and which function as weapons to fight off the other racers. As you race, you'll come across roundabouts in some spots which function as stores, letting you spend coins you pick up off the race track. Don't spend too much time in these spots or you might get passed by the other racers.

The incredibly large number of powerups you can pick up during a race and the expanse of characters and customization options at the start leads to no lineup of racers being the same, and with no course being exactly the same, but with repeated track-segments coming up often, replayability is incredibly high, and practicing is still useful despite the randomness.

Up to 16 players can join in the same race at once, using online matchup algorithms for random games or with the ability to refine courses if playing with friends. Online tournaments can be set up with more refined controls over the layout of the courses.

You can also do time trials with set course layouts to try to beat the best times of the developers and other players.

I don't think I can work the bosses into this theoretical mashup, but I'd definitely play it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 28, 2016, 09:16:21 pm »

If someone made a racing game like that, I'd play it. I don't even like racing games but that sounds awesome.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:20 pm »

Boss battles are a thing in at least some Mario Karts though.  Maybe after each lap, you're transported to a boss fight?

Also, *prepares crosspost*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #693 on: April 30, 2016, 02:06:47 pm »

Minecraft (with friends) and Planetside 2.

With the new construction update to Planetside 2, it would probably just be Planetside 2.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 03, 2016, 10:00:41 pm »

Planetside 2 (huh that seems like a constant) and Stardew Valley

Valleyside, an MMO where you make a character and join one of three different farming CONGLOMERATES (nc4lyf) trying to corner the goods market in four different towns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 04, 2016, 11:09:35 am »

A first-person massively-multiplayer competitive farming simulator certainly sound interesting. To read about, I mean. :P

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #696 on: May 04, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

Dota Syndrome

You progress through several levels, fighting various angry, screaming idiots as your hero of choice while avoiding falling into despair until you reach the final boss of GabeN and Roshan fused in an eye-wrenchingly horrifying way (and upside down, for some reason), and then do it again, but harder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #697 on: May 04, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

A first-person massively-multiplayer competitive farming simulator certainly sound interesting. To read about, I mean. :P
Multiplayer Harvest Moon could be fun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 07, 2016, 04:13:03 pm »

Minesweeper: Rekka no Ken

In a world set upon by decades of warfare, an inheritance dispute explodes into an attempt to prevent the destruction of everything.

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken/Minesweeper
I'm imagining a more modern and war torn version of the base game with a LOT more environmental dangers (explosions). Setting off one mine sets them all off, so take care with your unit placement.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 07, 2016, 04:13:55 pm »

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Overwatch.

...I dunno.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 07, 2016, 05:05:05 pm »

Hatoful Reverie: Pigeons under the Moonlight.
Gothic Japanese metroidvania starring a wandering priestess trying to make her way (and maybe find love) in a cursed nation populated by sentient pigeons.

Momodora: Reverie under the Moonlight x Hatoful Boyfriend. What am I doing with my life.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 07, 2016, 06:05:13 pm »

What am I doing with my life.
pigeons
Sexy birds.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 08, 2016, 08:45:21 am »

80 Days and Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

Oh, man. Getting to explore all of 80 Days' wildly imaginative cities in the usual AssCreed manner of gameplay would be something I would pay all the money for. You would be some kind of... freerunning valet-assassin keeping your master safe from Templars trying to stop your journey around the world. Yes. Fund it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 08, 2016, 12:45:33 pm »

Minesweeper: Rekka no Ken

In a world set upon by decades of warfare, an inheritance dispute explodes into an attempt to prevent the destruction of everything.

Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken/Minesweeper
I'm imagining a more modern and war torn version of the base game with a LOT more environmental dangers (explosions). Setting off one mine sets them all off, so take care with your unit placement.
This is a message from Lord Nergal. "I await you on the square surrounded by 7 mines."
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 08, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »

Grand Theft Auto: Dead Ahead

Grand Theft Auto, with zombies.

Wow.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
and
Dead Ahead
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82