Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134536 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2016, 01:12:23 pm »

Minecraft + Dwarf Fortress
From what I can guess It would be Dwarf fortress version 1.102, from the year 3192, in real 3D, using a tileset & DFhack... So can I have it?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 07, 2016, 01:13:08 pm »

Minecraft + Dwarf Fortress
From what I can guess It would be Dwarf fortress version 1.102, from the year 3192, in real 3D, using a tileset & DFhack... So can I have it?
Ha.  Yes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2016, 02:03:10 pm »

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

I guess Lara heads to a modern-day type Gransys (or Bitterblack Isle) to investigate the legend of the Arisen?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2016, 02:14:18 pm »

Wargame: Red Dragon and XCOM2.

The Cold War goes hot in Asia, and is only complicated more when an alien invasion fleet descends upon the warring alliances. I imagine you start with the Wargame units, but can research and reverse-engineer alien tech ala XCOM, getting stuff like hovertanks and Titan-armoured infantry platoons. I suspect the aliens would have air superiority for quite a while.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 07, 2016, 02:46:54 pm »

Wargame: Red Dragon and XCOM2.

The Cold War goes hot in Asia, and is only complicated more when an alien invasion fleet descends upon the warring alliances. I imagine you start with the Wargame units, but can research and reverse-engineer alien tech ala XCOM, getting stuff like hovertanks and Titan-armoured infantry platoons. I suspect the aliens would have air superiority for quite a while.

Oh god that'd be awesome. I'm a massive Wargame fan, but I much prefer scifi/fantasy games so this would be right up my street. I wonder if it'd be possible to mod something like that?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 07, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »

X-Com 2 and Space Engineers.

Yes please.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 07, 2016, 09:49:39 pm »

Cthulhu Saves the World and Guns of Icarus Online

Pilot a ship with your cthultide (is that word?) commander, shooting down various evils in your quest to become a true hero and regain your power to destroy the earth.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 07, 2016, 09:52:36 pm »

Dragon's Dogma and Darkest Dungeon combine to produce a beautifully narrated game where disposable heroes climb otherworldly horrors, borrowing advice and warriors from other players, and stab the creatures repeatedly. There is grinding forever.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 07, 2016, 10:59:28 pm »

Minetest and Terasology. (two free+opensource Minecraft clones/game engines, one in C++/Lua, the other in Java)

.....It...What's the point? (It's still not better than Minecraft itself in some regards sadly.)

YaW

• Bay Watcher
  • CremaGames
    • View Profile
    • CremaGames
« Reply #609 on: February 08, 2016, 06:28:39 am »

Darkest Dungeon + XCOM 2

Would probably play a game with insane soldiers dying of heart attacks while fighting aliens in dark caves until my eyes bleed, to be honest.

Quite funny I love and hate both games for those random death I always get thanks to critical or lucky shots from my enemies...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 08, 2016, 08:38:36 am »

XCOM: EW ((Because I don't have a computer capable of playing XCOM 2)) and Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate

...I don't know how this works but it sounds amazing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 08, 2016, 10:51:32 am »

Bulletstorm and Europa Universalis IV.

I can actually kind of see how that would play out as the Bulletstorm protagonist was an unwitting government-backed assassin (in that he kills specific targets of interest - he's anything but sneaky while doing so, however) and is now fighting back against a corrupt general. That + medieval could be fun.

Then I remembered that I was playing as the Creek tribe and it all breaks down. Maybe you play as a member of the Chickasaw tribe who assisted with the Creek conquest of the Cherokee and is fighting back now that the Creek have turned on you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 08, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »

I don't know what tribe the protagonist of Prey was from, but it was kinda like Bulletstorm.  As for EU...  Er, you have to seek (energy) cores!  And it's an invasion!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 15, 2016, 09:48:12 pm »

Touhou and SCP: Containment Breach.

Several of the characters from the Touhou cast appear as SCPs. Or maybe not, since their abilities can be somewhat easily understood (?) and because the existence and common use of magic would loosen the definitions of what was "anomalous". The SCPs from SCP: Containment Breach would still appear, though.

Spell card battles cannot be used against most of the SCPs, and even if they could be used, the player (A D-Class prisoner) has none and does not acquire any throughout the course of the game.

Aside from that, horror, anomalies, grisly deaths, and cute young girls abound.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 16, 2016, 04:25:59 pm »

Undertale and SUPERHOT

BULLETS
MOVE
ONLY
WHEN
YOU
MOVE
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 82