Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 134598 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »

Puzzle Pirate Fortress 2.

Tf2 based puzzles? Pirate based fps? Who knows, the possibilities are endless!
Crack-a-lack-a

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 30, 2015, 12:19:32 am »

Star Fortress 2.
Dwarf Fortress and Star Ruler 2.
I'd like to think of it as managing one of the space stations I put up in the arse end of no-where, managing civilian traffic and on board politics plus regular dorfy stuff, until an enemy fleet arrives, boards and kills everyone. Or alternatively blows everything up.
Kinda puts me in the mood for a management game over a system under an empire. That would be neat and avoid the 4X problem of everything expanding so large it becomes hard to care about individual planets.   

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 30, 2015, 05:17:37 pm »

Cataclysm DDA and Wurm unlimited/online

3d roguelike survival/skill grinding sim where 45% of the game is digging, 45% of the game is skillgrinding, 9% is walking, and 1% is fighting zombies in a post apocalyptic medieval mycaelium patch.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 31, 2015, 02:39:35 am »

Civilization IV: Caveman2Cosmos mod & Age of Wonders III

Build your way up through the ages, starting from baseline neanderthal humans, but once you reach a certain point in the Ancient age, you have a choice: Magic or technology?

Magic has the potential to mutate your civilization into entirely new species, and is extremely powerful to start, while technology starts out weak but steadily gains power. Early ages has magic and religion potentially tied together quite strongly, with huge benefits, but as the world ages and more becomes certain about how the world works, magic slowly starts to fade, paving the way for technology to start to shine.

Of course there will be ways to accelerate or attempt to prevent this process, in one direction or the other. Technology doesn't work well in the presence of magic or vice versa, as magic breaks the physical laws that machinery requires to run (so I guess a little bit of Arcana as well), so hybridization is difficult if not impossible. Enough study into the ways of magic may yield methods of bringing the world to a more primal state, with magic having greater (but often unpredictable) effects, and technology becoming weaker, while technology imposes a state of order on the world that causes magic to fizzle out.

If they manage to maintain a state of equilibrium, then you could potentially end up with dragon riding elves fighting off F-22 Raptors, magical depopulation bombs vs conventional nukes, giants vs tanks, modern infantry against zombie hordes...

...I actually kind of want this game.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:44:46 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 31, 2015, 04:32:43 am »

That does sound pretty sweet. Maybe have some sort of initial state of the world that is required for magic to maintain its power? Like, the veins of ore and ancient forests focus and channel energies, but as technological nations rip the Earth apart, magic fades. Have the maximum usable magic decrease as this happens. Magic users wouldn't start at max, but would have to research up to it (faster than tech research), so then the conflict would come about that the best magic nations are slowly becoming less powerful as tech nations grow.
Mechanics of magic are fun.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 31, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

Spelunky + Scorched (Earth)3D = ???

I'm not sure what this would be but I'd definitely play it. But actually with the RL genre permeating all kinds of gameplay nowadays perhaps an artillery combat roguelike would be just the thing :)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 02, 2015, 01:23:24 am »

Postal 2 + Reverse Dungeon

Either the Revenant King completes various chores and fetch quests in an open world fps to progress towards his stolen castle

or

the various factions of Paradise Arizona are recruitable squads in a lite tactical rpg in which you campaign against the postal dude's hateful ex-wife
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 02, 2015, 11:22:04 am »

Mercenary Kings + Hardlands

Let's lay out the basics of each game.

Mercenary Kings: You have a base that improves through the story. You go on missions to instanced areas where, as an aside to the mission in question, you can gather resources.

Hardlands: A 20-minute first impression makes me think this will be a third-person Skyrim-like with loads of fetch quests.

The combination would be Fantasy MGSV: The Phantom Pain with multiple maps, hundreds of fetch quests, and chibi heads.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 02, 2015, 11:24:01 am »

Battle Brothers + Xenonauts

A game where you manage fief(s) all around the country that is getting invaded by foreigners.

You send armies around and combat them in a tactical view.
Soldiers can be individually equipped and trained, and buildings can be constructed in fiefs.

I would actually play this game, though it sounds a bit... dull.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2015, 05:31:21 pm »

undertale + counterstrike:GO

A whimsical shooter involving counterterrorists and terrorists. Enjoy the brand new innovative bullethell combat, the clever jokes, the touching drama! Kill terrorists, use money obtained from killing terrorists to buy more powerful weapons, kill terrorists even harder!

...or instead, try to negotiate with them, solve their economic troubles, disillusion them from the propoganda they've been given as children, and bring longterm peace between the civilized and the radical!

What a weird game.  :-\
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »

Dota 2 and League of Legends.

... There seem to be more items in the game, I guess?

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2015, 08:11:20 pm »

Patrician 3 and Wurm Unlimited.

Sail around the Hanse empire trading cargo in First person view, whilst digging out the harbours and avoiding spiders.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 06, 2015, 02:43:40 pm »

Super Mario Sunshine and the "Bee Happy" Minecraft mod-pack.

Bee-jetpack, spray bees at blobby undead enemies, build large structures in the sky while keeping them clean... while your rival makes it harder for you by spawning enemies.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 06, 2015, 04:56:15 pm »

Nuclear Throne and Unreal World:

Try to carve out an existence for yourself in the mutated wastelands of the distant future. Survival is the only goal, and if avoiding starvation wasn't hard enough you have to worry about bandit attacks, giant poison spitting scorpions, and occasional mutant blasting their way through everything in their path to claim the Nuclear Throne for themselves.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 06, 2015, 08:41:21 pm »

Politics & War and Fallout:

Well, honestly it wouldn't be that much different, since Politics and War already has nukes and doesn't even mention whether the infantry are in combat armor with plasma weapons.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 82