Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.1! Waitlist always open!  (Read 35422 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD Deathmatch 2.1! Waitlist always open!
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2015, 09:18:09 pm »

looting is not and has never been allowed in Medieval Fodder Deathmatch.

Murderize someone attacking me, or Kirby if nobody attacks me

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2015, 09:24:41 pm »

Locate a corpse with a weapon still clenched in their hands. Loot it. Perhaps that longsword [of Boboleth Bobari's] over there? Toss away the short sword if successful.
Not sure if that's possible in this game - considering that everyone fought with their random-given weapons for who knows how long? I'm with you on this question, though - an option to change at least your weapon is a very tempting one. But as that is Haspen's game, you we should probably ask him.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2015, 09:27:40 pm »

Locate a corpse with a weapon still clenched in their hands. Loot it. Perhaps that longsword [of Boboleth Bobari's] over there? Toss away the short sword if successful.
Not sure if that's possible in this game - considering that everyone fought with their random-given weapons for who knows how long? I'm with you on this question, though - an option to change at least your weapon is a very tempting one. But as that is Haspen's game, you we should probably ask him.
Or you could read the previous MFD, where someone asked if they could loot someone's corpse as well.  At least for me, part of the fun of the game is the random weapon: sometimes you get screwed over for offense but have great defense (Sir Brenzen's Squire, the man who would... not... die, no matter how many people flung themselves at him) or have great offense but crapy defense (Sir Brenzen, who had a battleaxe and an aketon and only survived as long as he did because he rolled incredibly high).

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2015, 09:42:16 pm »

Aaand... Yeah. No looting. Sadly (?). From the previos thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138378.msg5260212#msg5260212
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2015, 09:48:34 pm »

Aww, so I can't go loot Boboroth's evicerator axe and use it with my 2h mastery?  :(

Kill Klaus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:05 pm »

Spoiler: Pointless Arguing (click to show/hide)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 22, 2015, 01:03:26 am »

Keep attacking Freaky Fish Guy!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 22, 2015, 05:04:25 am »

Nope, looting is not possible. I wagered that with average lifespan of character being ~3 turns, looting would be waste of time :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 22, 2015, 09:17:58 am »

I surmise that if looting were to be permitted, at one point (maybe not necessarily, but possibly) someone will have obtained two or more heirloom objects, like the Armor of Terror plus the Lady's Grace shield plus the Jewelled Rapier. It'd also make noble heirs even more immediately killable than they were before. Granted, that's in keeping with the principles of war and looting a noble would be really cool to try, but still.

You could allow looting, of course, on the condition that you lose any other actions that turn to do so and also take a considerable penalty to your defenses, like a defend action that actually makes you more vulnerable.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 22, 2015, 09:53:39 am »

I have not learned my lesson, and I am now angry. Attack Kirby again
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 22, 2015, 10:50:11 am »

I surmise that if looting were to be permitted, at one point (maybe not necessarily, but possibly) someone will have obtained two or more heirloom objects, like the Armor of Terror plus the Lady's Grace shield plus the Jewelled Rapier. It'd also make noble heirs even more immediately killable than they were before. Granted, that's in keeping with the principles of war and looting a noble would be really cool to try, but still.

You could allow looting, of course, on the condition that you lose any other actions that turn to do so and also take a considerable penalty to your defenses, like a defend action that actually makes you more vulnerable.
Realistically, only weapon looting is practical. Armor could not be changed amidst raging battle, shield would also take too much time to properly strapped.

Changing weapons could be implemented, but as it goes against game creator, it won't be.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 22, 2015, 10:52:45 am »

Besides, you would prolly lose on your -master bonus if you looted wrong type of weapon, too :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 22, 2015, 01:28:57 pm »

Attack a random enemy.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2015, 07:12:36 pm »

SIR KNIGHTLY KNOWETH NO PEACE, SEPERATE THY HEAD FROM THY BODY, AND DRINK THY BLOOD OF THY FOR FROM THY EXPOSED THROAT
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:44 pm »

Sarkizz growled. His puny short sword might be good for parrying, but it wasn't very good at all at killing.
Fruitlessly search for a better weapon from corpses. Upon not finding any, conclude that it's all these invading humans' fault, like everything else, and attack Sir Knightly with renewed furor.
...Humans and Elves' faults, rather.

SIR KNIGHTLY KNOWETH NO PEACE, SEPERATE THY HEAD FROM THY BODY, AND DRINK THY BLOOD OF THY FOR FROM THY EXPOSED THROAT
WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!!!!! :P :P
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22