Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Dark Flame [mostly-text suggestion game, dungeon crawl]  (Read 12597 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Flame [mostly-text suggestion game, dungeon crawl]
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »

Let Halpalo get out of wraith's range and attack the thing again.
Halpalo move back and heal.
Aside from that repeat actions
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2015, 10:15:27 am »

Speed rolls: 14 Cogi; 20 Settumas; 16 Hala; 17 Halpalo; 4 wraith.

Settumas quickly reacts to wraith lashing forward by jumping to the side with "Yeek!"

Hala bashes the wraith with Lowly Shield of Warding. 1d20 + 4 = 8, failure. She, unfortunately, strikes the place where it was just a moment ago, but quickly regains balance.

Cogi shoots sloppily with the flameslinger. 1d20 = 10, success.
He manages to hit the target practically point-blank, from behind you ducking.
1d6 → 6! Critical damage (negative modifiers are ignored.) A burst of flame splits the apparition apart! Its eyes fade.
You won! Cogi gets a Growth point.

You hang back and treat your wounds. Your blood is shapen easily. 1d3 + 1 Blood Rites = 4 Health healed.

Spoiler: Short Party List (click to show/hide)

GM note: Halpalo doesn't yet have the battle-heal abilities. This means that her medication takes time and being undisturbed. Attempting it mid-fight is possible, but won't be very effective.

Cogi is, sadly, unable to Identify the wraith's corpse – or rather, what remains of it. He claims it may be uncommon, and you don't know how inclined you are to believe him. (failure)

You search the pots but find nothing but dust in them. How unfortunate!

What will you do?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2015, 12:01:18 pm »

Continue on, I suppose.

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2015, 05:56:13 pm »

The dark, humid air fills wih fog as you progress further along the Wall, almost snuffing out what little light your lowly lantern gave to the crew. Perhaps this is why you're caught off guard when your heavy leather boot crushes something crunchy under its sole. The sound is unsettling.
You bow down to look.
It's a bone. A rib, to be precise, completely rid of anything organic in it. Your foot splintered it easily. It doesn't look human to you, but it certainly belongs to some of the species you're familiar with. You cannot quite remember. Admiral Lashawnda would be pretty disappointed with you now, you think.
As you get back up, the fog turns thicker. The smell gives it away: it's not a fog, it's a smoke! Your keen senses tell you that moments before every member of your party comes to the exact same conclusion, as it eats on their eyes.
Every member of the party makes a Current Health check. Halpalo is the only one who fails it.
It's hard to accomodate. Tears get in the way of your sight. You are blinded until you are healed or leave this area.
Concerned voices of others you still can hear, though. "Are you fine?" Hala asks. "Yes," you respond, "apart from the whole not being able to see a damn thing. I hope you're in a better condition."
Hala suddenly shrieks. "What is it?" you ask, but there's no answer.
Character control switched to Settumas.
Looks like you're back in charge and back to having no idea. Halpalo is apparently blinded completely, from the way she tries to reach somethign with her hands. It is very hard to see clearly, but something was pressing onto Hala. However, she'd driven the thing into the floor with her shield! You hear cracking sounds. It is clearly something similar to the thing you've just encountered. You don't notice anything unusual.
What will you do?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:41:35 pm by 0player »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2015, 09:16:31 am »

Hala should keep pressing down on the thing.
Setta can help press down on the shield.
Cogi can aim his fireslinger under the shield and fire, avoiding his team's shins.

Halpalo can be :c in the background, being blind.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2015, 09:33:14 am »

Hala should keep pressing down on the thing.
Setta can help press down on the shield.
Cogi can aim his fireslinger under the shield and fire, avoiding his team's shins.

Halpalo can be :c in the background, being blind.
Seems like a reasonable course of action,
+1
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2015, 08:45:10 am »

GM Report
I've spent past days preparing for finals and reading up on game theory (because 7drl occured). So the game mechanics (thankfully not set in stone anywhere) might suffer a little bit of changes... with HP numbers that low, I see that combat outcome is mroe dependent on rolz.org than on actions you choose. So I'm taking miss chance away COMPLETELY unless the attacker is incapacitated, and only few attacks have ways to critically strike.
This also nerfs Shenanigans stat, which I've been meaning to do for a long time now.
The current combat state is, I'd say not to spoil much, pretty urgent, and we are probably going to get wrecked if we keep using basic attacks. These guys are pretty beefy and hit like a truck... even though we outnumber right now, we probably want to keep our numbers intact. Using skills is probably a great idea, some of them impact damage and defense severely.
I'm on high availability these days, hopefully, which means that if there's a battle plan that keeps coming, I hope to churn out around 2 posts a day for the foreseeable future. Gotta make up for that much downtime.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:49:14 am by 0player »

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2015, 03:43:07 am »

Ahhh, looks like these places were abandoned by man in my absence. Well, I suppose I shoudl leave notes and ETAs.
I can draw stuff meanwhile, though ^^!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2015, 09:17:33 pm »

can I join? I can easily come up with a  char sheet.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

0player

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 04:01:24 pm »

We're kind of full on the roster at the moment... and short on the players, that too.
I either should be more or less elaborate in my posts, not sure which.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2015, 06:14:53 pm »

We're kind of full on the roster at the moment... and short on the players, that too.
I either should be more or less elaborate in my posts, not sure which.
Waiting list then
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]