Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Outpost: Exodus [Suggestion Game] : Update 14  (Read 23433 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost: Exodus [Suggestion Game] : Update 14
« Reply #240 on: March 05, 2015, 04:18:11 am »

We should set up the bot factory first and have it make some mining bots while researching the geological data.  If we can find the right materials it can just keep pumping out bots for us.

Then we can work on setting up the hydroponics and something to get water/CO2.

Build our internal base, make a long term power supply, then gut the ship and bring it all inside the base.

13 crew awake

* [2/2] Powered Exo-skeleton Constructor Units [Light damage]
   - Construction : +20 +10 bonus
         Build an airlock at the entrance dug out by the Digging & drilling vehicles large enough for Digging & drilling vehicles and exo suits to enter.  It should have space for pipes and cables to connect through later.

* [2/2]Digging & drilling vehicles.
    - Mining : Bonus: +20
          Dig deeper into the cliff a space large enough for the Automated Bot Assembly Line.

* [2/2] Damage Control & machine shop
    - Maintenance and Repair Action : Bonus : +10
    Repair exo suits.

* [2/2] Medical Bay.
    - Research (Medical) : No bonus/ Malus
    Cryogenic mystery at -20

* [0/4] Survey Sattelite (Limited Reception. 115/140 fuel)

* [2/2] Manpower action (Useability might be limited due to spacesuits. Indoor actions have no limit. Additionally, you can have as many manpower actions as you want, as long as you have manpower.)
     - Manpower : Does anything possible at a -20+1dX modifier, where X is manpower. +10 Improvisation
     Rebuild very basic recreation facilities in the damaged area, private room, group meeting area, video viewing and electronic library.

*  Garlina Orlova
      - Improvisation : Provides a  +10 bonus to a single manpower action.  (Note: bonus total will not go positive. It will merely help offset the negative parts)
      - Morale : Provides a +20 bonus to R&R
      - Maintenance  : Provides a -5 malus to any maintenance and repair action.

* [3/Infinite] R&R
    * -20 Malus due to no facilities available

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 05, 2015, 04:20:13 am »

Until we have hydroponics, something to melt the ice into water and something to filter out the air and heat us up we cant really think about setting up a residential area.  Bots can work without air though.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »

Until we have hydroponics, something to melt the ice into water and something to filter out the air and heat us up we cant really think about setting up a residential area.  Bots can work without air though.
But then isn't the assumption that the ship might somehow sink into the ice?

We are basically trying to salvage our cargo while we figure out how to build up a survivable environment.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 05, 2015, 04:05:10 pm »

We should set up the bot factory first and have it make some mining bots while researching the geological data.  If we can find the right materials it can just keep pumping out bots for us.
Where do you propose we set it up? The access tunnel? Outside? Also, the workers would have to be in suits, lets wait untill we have an enclosed area with lifesupport.

Actually, I wonder if we could setup something inside the cargo bays...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2015, 04:23:51 pm »

Only if you throw whatever's currently inside out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2015, 04:49:31 pm »

So, say, if we shift everything out of one we can build in it?
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:08 pm »

I meant to dig out an area for the bot factory, seal off the cavern with an airlock then set the bot factory up in it.  Over multiple turns.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2015, 10:07:04 pm »

Sorry, it wasent all that clear to me.

I would say to get the manufacturing equipment, then the bots.
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 05, 2015, 10:15:34 pm »

That needs 8 people to run it, the bot factory practically runs itself.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 05, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »

True, but unless we want to spend significant time and effort retooling it, it'll only do bots, while manufacturing equipment can do most everything a factory kit can do(though at a far higher labor tax). It'll be interesting though to eventually integrate the two into a combined manufacturing facility. In fact, make sure the hole is big enough to fit both in.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 05, 2015, 10:28:35 pm »

Okay, workshop then bot factory?  I still think setting up the workshop before having a finalized life support system out there is a poor idea.

The Cargo Sled though is a good idea.  Eventually we can have teams of bots pulling it instead of the exo suits or drill machines.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:55 pm »

Or even heavy bot mechs, since we have the designs for those too(and make perfect sled pullers)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:52:41 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 05, 2015, 10:51:50 pm »

We probably need the manufacturing equipment to make the atmos gear.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 05, 2015, 10:52:46 pm »

Actually though, I have an idea of temporarily moving all the cargo into the hole we're digging and setting up manufacturing in the cargo bays while we environmentally seal the caves. That way we can build all the things we need for that while still maintaining a full work crew

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2015, 05:28:08 am »

Actually though, I have an idea of temporarily moving all the cargo into the hole we're digging and setting up manufacturing in the cargo bays while we environmentally seal the caves. That way we can build all the things we need for that while still maintaining a full work crew
Good idea. In the meantime we can figure out life support and food so we can move everything into the cave asap.

Further ideas:
- Power Generation. It looks like our only real solution is wind, before we actually dismantle our ship to move the fusion plant inside.
-- That also means we have to build batteries.

- Nitrogen. We seems to have forgotten this! Any trace of ammonia ice?

- A mid-term plan is to dismantle one of the cargo space for its unloading systems. We can rig it if our main base is build around a vertical cylinder.

- My plan is always to dismantle our ship. Its really long term but we need to plan ahead!

- if we really want to build bots I would want a bus with legs as a pet project.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]