Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Outpost: Exodus [Suggestion Game] : Update 14  (Read 23512 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost: Exodus [Suggestion Game] : Update 5
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2015, 06:47:19 am »

Thaaaat makes more sense.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:45 am »

The only thing I can think of that we can use at this point is a sat launcher and/or a focused array, and I don't think either is essential enough to delay launch. The only launch preparation besides taking on 20 awake crew I want to do is ditch the ore processor to relieve a bit of the overcrowding. Then we Laaunch!

(Note we also barely have enough room for another engine, but that's a tough call)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2015, 12:18:28 pm »

Wait. Aren't we capable of handling an absolute maximum of 180 persons?

I prefer taking 120-150. As I say, forum trolls, game developers, or maybe a small colony of felines in a controlled environment (if they get the meat, that is) are crucial for a crew to keep focused for a 32-year voyage.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2015, 12:23:31 pm »

heh. Problem is, that the Closed Loop life support doesn't actually include cryotanks (that's why we had to get 2 banks of them), so we don't axtually have room for 150 people. Plus it can only do either/or on sleepers and awake persons(the cryobanks we have are on a different system). So we can only have 62, the 22 awake persons and the 40 Popsicles
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2015, 12:28:20 pm »

heh. Problem is, that the Closed Loop life support doesn't actually include cryotanks (that's why we had to get 2 banks of them), so we don't axtually have room for 150 people. Plus it can only do either/or on sleepers and awake persons(the cryobanks we have are on a different system). So we can only have 62, the 22 awake persons and the 40 Popsicles
Okay then. I suggest 40 (so everyone got a pop) and launch.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2015, 01:06:18 pm »

Yeah, it is time to load up everyone and GTFO(after dumping the ore processor so we have some room)

Edit:Unless we can get something like a small cargo drop-pod to store the overflow in, then I'll be willing to stick around for it. Other than that, hit the red button!

Edit edit:Actually, this is a VERY tough call. On the one hand, if we stick around 3 more months we'll be able to install another engine and cut 10 years of our trip, giving us a health lead time to set up the base and forestalling travel problems from traveling 30+years nonstop. On the other hand, that long lead time might work against us since if something happens, it might be fatal for 62 people that it wouldn't be for 100,000+, and it's not like we need to go fast anyways since we'll still have a very healthy fuel reserve thanks to our very efficient reactor and no fuel engine

Thinking it over, I'm still in the go camp
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:30:18 pm by tryrar »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »

I would prefer 55 crew with 15 awake at all times and switching out 5 each year for 3 years shifts.

More crew at the outpost phase and a small community rather then a lone person sitting around doing nothing.

If we are ditching the ore thingy we should bring more water/air/advanced parts, stuff that hull full of air and water.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:45:39 pm by VoidSlayer »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2015, 01:37:12 pm »

We can not afford another electrostatic engine.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2015, 01:55:55 pm »

The reason to ditch the ore thingy is because we're 5 points over establishment, so we need to make a bit of room. Not so we can take other things

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2015, 02:09:20 pm »

The reason to ditch the ore thingy is because we're 5 points over establishment, so we need to make a bit of room. Not so we can take other things

Or, and hear me out on this, we move the food and medical supplies into the hallways and buy some extra air and water and stuff it in the open hull space.  We can take everything!  It will just be horrifically cramped!

Actually, another electrostatic would drop us to about 19 years with no extra fuel use, giving us almost 2 decades of building with fuel reserves for the whole time.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:13:02 pm by VoidSlayer »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2015, 03:40:08 pm »

Delay Launch: N

Resolve critical issues :
-> Dump the ore processor

Cargo Orders :1 air 1 water in the empty hull space, 2 advanced parts and 1 air stuffed in the hallways.

Launch preparations :
  - Crew in cryo : 40
  - Crew awake : 5
  - Cycling : cycle 5 crew every 4 years into and out of cryo sleep, each crew member should have 1 shift for 4 years aging total.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2015, 04:34:23 pm »

Delay Launch: N

Resolve critical issues :
-> Dump the ore processor

Cargo Orders :1 air 1 water in the empty hull space, 2 advanced parts and 1 air stuffed in the hallways.

Launch preparations :
  - Crew in cryo : 40
  - Crew awake : 5
  - Cycling : cycle 5 crew every 4 years into and out of cryo sleep, each crew member should have 1 shift for 4 years aging total.

+1ing except for I want 15 awake crew, nice to have more than the same other 4 faces to look at and the extra manpower will come in handy for maintenance and stuff(remember it takes 1 month to wake someone safely, and still 3 days for emergency wake-up at great risk)

Edit:Also 10ebbor, are you going to do hero units like the other threads?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:38:37 pm by tryrar »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2015, 04:45:49 pm »

I might. Probably will. Suggestions welcome.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2015, 04:46:20 pm »

15 awake crew would lead to about 12 years aging for everyone.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »

I might. Probably will. Suggestions welcome.
Well, we don't have a traditional captain since the ship has full autopilot, but we do need some sort of crew leader. How bout give us a choice for senior officer?

And void, that's not actually very much apparent aging, especially depending on the average crew age. So that's not much of a negative
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17