Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: The 100 Tile Circuit: It's starting to modify the avatars.  (Read 13498 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 100 Tile Circuit: Car accidents! Attempted Murder! Arsony!
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »

Get that 6!

For... reasons. Like going Backwards. Hm.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:45 pm »

Is one of those details me still having 3 turns of -3 movement? Just making sure. Also, is rejuvenation the opposite of being on fire or something? Pretty sure that's the case, but again, just making sure.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2015, 01:33:20 pm »

4!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2015, 03:30:18 pm »

Is one of those details me still having 3 turns of -3 movement? Just making sure. Also, is rejuvenation the opposite of being on fire or something? Pretty sure that's the case, but again, just making sure.
Well, no; one detail was the expiration of two effects on Sheb, and the other was incrementing the lap counter for another player.

I don't think you should have 3 turns remaining now... ah, yeah, OK I guess there wer 3 details.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2015, 05:40:36 pm »

I pick 5

If one lands on this, take a free magic book

Heydude's magic shop (effects can be inverted)

Mastacheese's tome of arsony:

Passive: Fire immunity, you are immune to the effects of all tiles that involve being burned (you can still be lit on fire by tiles, you just won't suffer any effects)

Spell: Arson, One can light a tile on fire in addition to giving it a tile effect (only works on landing tiles, not pass over ones) cooldown:2 turns

Spell: Fireball, Select a player within a 5 tile range and roll two d6s. If the caster's D6 is higher than the target's by 2, light him on fire. If the caster rolls a 1, remove fire immunity for 2 turns and light the caster and his tile on fire. If the target's roll is higher than the caster's by 1, the target has 2 turns of fire immunity and his tile is on fire for 3 turns.
Cooldown: 3 turns

Spell: Summon fire elemental (12 health), The Caster summons a fire elemental one tile in front of him, the fire elemental will roll a d4 to determine how many tiles forward it will move. The caster may swap his own dice with the fire Elemental's dice in order  make it move forward further. Please note, the elemental's die is hidden. If the elemental is standing on a burning tile, they will roll a d3 (if it is a 2 or a 3 it procs, it only fails on 1) to determine whether or not they will cast Fireball on a random player (including the caster). It goes through fire-immunity. If an elemental lands on the same tile as a player, that player and his tile are lit on fire for 2 turns. (does not go through fire immunity). If it encounters slippery tiles, they are no longer slippery and the elemental loses 3 health, if it walks through an ice wall remove 6 health and the ice wall is destroyed, if it lands on an ice elemental subtract the difference in health and the elementals have their health reduced( Example, fire elemental has 3 health and ice has 12. 12-3=9, the ice elemental now has 9 health and the fire elemental is dead)A caster can only summon one elemental at a time. 5 turn cooldown.

Spell: Trailblazer, If the caster is on fire or standing on a tile that is on fire, the fire is extinguished (even if it's a tile) and every tile that the caster passes over is lit on fire for 2 turns (that is the duration of the fires, not the duration of Trailblazer). 3 turn cooldown

Elsa's book on castle architecture

Passive: sturdy, immune to slipping or being tossed in the air

Spell: Cold shoulder, if the caster shares a tile with another player, freeze them for 2 turns which skips their turn, cooldown 2 turns

Spell: Ice wall, creates a wall one tile behind the caster that blocks players for 2 turns( that is the duration of time the wall is up, not how long it blocks players) May be destroyed by fire. Cooldown 5 turns

Spell: Icey floor, select one tile in a 5 tile range and turn it into a slippery tile, If a player passes over a slippery tile they have a chance of slipping and stopping right at the tile. Cooldown 2 turns

Spell: Ice elemental (12 health), summons an ice elemental that rolls a d4 for movement, any tiles it lands on transform into slippery tiles, if they land on the same tile as a player, the player is affected by cold shoulder. Every turn the elemental rolls a d6. if it rolls a 6, it casts an ice wall. If it encounters fire tiles, they are extinguished and remove 3 health, if it lands on a fire elemental subtract the difference in health and the elementals have their health reduced( Example, fire elemental has 3 health and ice has 12. 12-3=9, the ice elemental now has 9 health and the fire elemental is dead) Cooldown 5 turns

Flabort's book on antimagic

Spell:Spellsteal, select a player within 5 tiles and a random spell with sufficient cooldown will be selected (if the weilder of this book has waited 5 turns they can randomly cast 5 cooldown spells), cast that spell (only subtract the cooldown from the caster rather than reset it). Cooldown unlimited

Spell: Mana drain: choose a player within a 5 tile range, their cooldwon is reset to zero. Cooldown 3 turns

Spell:Stasis, remove all of the casters buffs and debuffs for 2 turns (including spellcasting ability, cooldown is reset), they are also immune to tile effects. Cooldown unlimited

Spell:Dispel, choose a tile within a 5 tile range and remove it's effect for 3 turns (except shops). 4 tile range and does 4 damage if one targets elementals instead. cooldown 3 turns

Spell:Power up, the next spell the player casts has unlimited range and it's effects are boosted. Manadrain will effect all players on the map, Stasis will remove the debuffs or buffs of your choosing permanently, and dispel will remove a tile permanently. cooldown, 5 turns

HOW DO SPELLS WORK?

Spells can be cast before moving ,except Arson which is cast while choosing a tile effect.

Each player has a cooldown counter which starts at zero, each turn it increases by one. If one decides to cast a spell it is reset to zero. for example if a player has 7 cooldown and they cast arson (which costs 2 cooldown) they will have zero cool-down left. Summons have their own personal cooldown which only begins to count once the summon is dead. It can still reset other cooldowns and other cooldowns can reset it but it will not count up as long as the summon is alive. EXAMPLE: I summon fire elemental, 6 turns pass and I have 6 cooldown, I cannot summon another elemental since mine is still alive, so I cast Arson instead. Another 5 turns pass and I have 5 cooldown, my summon dies and now I have to wait another 5 turns before I can summon another, I cast fireball instead. Another 5 turns pass and I summon another one.

If a player is in the same tile of an enemy summon they will fight. This rolls a d6 and the summon's health is subtracted from the d6 unless a 1 is rolled. If a 1 is rolled the summon is healed 3 health.

Ps :tell me what you guys think about the balance of spells for the moment.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2015, 10:02:26 pm »

Looks awesome.
The Derail Thread

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2015, 10:36:53 pm »

Does it make sense, do you understand how it works?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2015, 10:56:07 pm »

Does it make sense, do you understand how it works?
Well, you explained the whole thing at the bottom, so yeah
The Derail Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2015, 04:31:43 am »

I'll take a 6. So I rejuvenate the fire?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:34 pm »

Sheb starts his turn by lighting himself back on fire and spreading the growing green.

Heydude opens a store, but gives away merchandise for free because nobody introduced currency to the game yet. It's magical!

Person's soul is heroic, and it starts to show.

Escaped Lurker is flung backwards by the alternating 9 tile. He gets ticketed and has to take the detour next time he goes around.

Hector climbs through the dense growth, and is not affected by permanent effects next turn... but must be the last to pick his die.

Mastahcheese refuses to step on the caltrops and carefully picks his way across.

Spoiler: Current Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:20:21 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 100 Tile Circuit: It's starting to modify the avatars.
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2015, 11:29:13 pm »

you forgot to roll the dice

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »

you forgot to roll the dice
So I did.
>.>
That's what happens when I am focused more on finishing up in order to grab supper than on the details; I will go fix it.
The Cyan Menace

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2015, 12:42:05 am »

I pick 6. No detour for me

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 13, 2015, 05:14:15 am »

I'll take a 6.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2015, 09:18:25 am »

Balls, I forgot about that one...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13