Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: The 100 Tile Circuit: It's starting to modify the avatars.  (Read 13489 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
The 100 Tile Circuit: It's starting to modify the avatars.
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:51:23 pm »

The 100-Tile Circuit
List of current tile effects

Players
Person
Sheb
hector13
heydude6
escaped lurker
mastahcheese
Waitlist
High Tyrol
Objective
?

Objective
Reach the 100 tile!

Rules
0) The words "Space", "Square", "Tile", and "spot" are interchangeable with each other and mean the same thing.
1) Each turn, 6 dice are rolled. Players may either:
A) Pick one of these dice, which are first come first served, and move that many spaces. Or,
B) "Jump" in place and move 0 spaces, if they did not "Jump" on that space last turn.
2) When a player lands on an unowned space, they "capture" it and make it their color. They may choose an effect for that space. The exception to this rule is the start tile.
3) When a player lands on a space owned by another player, the effect activates.
4) Effects can either activate when a player lands on the tile, or passes into/over the tile. Passing over a tile only takes place when you enter and leave the tile the same turn. The exception to this rule is the start tile.
5) Tiles cannot cause the person activating it to move more than 10 tiles forward or backward. The exception to this rule is that you can send a player directly to the start tile.
6) If you are moved to a tile as a result of another tile (such as to the start tile) then you do not activate the effects of the new tile.
7) Two consecutive tiles cannot have the same effect or send you to the same tile.
8) Tiles that activate when you pass over them cannot cause you to move to another tile.
9) You are not affected by a tile the turn you modify it.
10) You cannot make an instant win or instant loss effect.
11) If something that you can't explain happens, just go with it.
12) If you are effectively 'killed' or 'destroyed' by an effect, you leave the game and all tiles belonging to you revert to unowned spaces with no effect.

The Start Tile
The effect governing the start tile is like so:
When a player joins or starts the game, they begin on the start tile. The start tile is the rightmost tile and the tile to the right of the start tile is always tile 1. Effects may send players directly to the start tile, but this does not trigger the start tile's secondary effect.
The secondary effect of the start tile is that if a player enters the start tile from the left (which is an exception to the regular rules), their lap counter is incremented by 1. If a player attempts to leave the start tile, such as by passing over or starting their turn from the start tile, while their lap counter is equal to or more than 3, then instead of exiting to the right they exit onto the 100th tile. Jumping on this tile does not activate this effect.

Final Note
To join the game, pick a color. Your pawn and spaces will be colored that color. The game will begin when 6 players are in. If a player leaves the game or requires replacing, a replacement player will be started immediately.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:47:44 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: The 100 Tile Circuit: why did I do this
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

I'll go with green, thanks.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »

I'll take Red!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:35:33 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 04:31:50 pm »

Purple for me please.

Professor Plum was always my favourite.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 04:34:55 pm »

I take teal
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:30 pm »

Guess this is too good to pass up.

I'll claim Orange

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

Cyan, bitches!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 05:35:00 pm »

And that's 6 players!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 06:32:35 pm »

Damn. Waitlisting as Brown just in case. Its not unheard of for players to die in these games after all.

Edit: You can activate your own tiles right? Just making sure, before people try to jump to activate the tile they placed last turn.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:44:54 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:24 pm »

Damn. Waitlisting as Brown just in case. Its not unheard of for players to die in these games after all.
So that's what brown looks like on darkling...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 07:01:03 pm »

Yes, landing or jumping on a tile you already own will activate it.

Turn 0: The players are at the starting line.
A starting lineup of dice is prepared.

Spoiler: Current Status
(click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:21 pm »

I'll have number 6 please.

Edit: I'll also move the entire 6 spaces
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 07:04:42 pm »

Don't forget that if you'll be landing on a spot to say what effect you'd like it to have.
That means this turn everyone should be picking an effect.

Edit: And when you pick a die you always move the entire X spaces written on the die; the other option is to not pick a die and to move 0 spaces. ;)
The Cyan Menace

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:42 pm »

I call dibs on 5

Effect if some one lands on this space they are catapulted forward 5 spaces but then they can only move 1 space for 3 turns
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »

Ah, I was under the impression that I could jump in a space after choosing a die. (like choosing 6 and only moving 5 spaces by jumping in one spot)

Also, my effect shall be to halve the value of the person's next die choice, rounding down in the case of odd numbers.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13