Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 52064 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Night 2 - Rotissery
« Reply #330 on: February 10, 2015, 08:32:34 pm »

[bah]

The trees are silent [5]
They pretend not to notice [7]
That I am pooping [5]

[/bah]
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 3 - A rich stew, a small group
« Reply #331 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:49 pm »

I take it we shouldn't vote until we're sure, because of the risk of a scummy quick hammer?

Zormod, you... have been pretty much entirely absent in this game, I don't think you've managed a post with any content, and you haven't voted either. Trying to lurk your way to victory, hm, scum?

Nerjin and Shamrock, you two haven't been much active either, though there are more content in your posts. What are your thoughts on what was essentially a contentless D2?

Scripten, you never answered my question about your thoughts on Nerjin/Shamrock: (not saying that's scummy - yet - I'd just like to know the answer, seeing as we don't have much from D2)

Scripten, I'm curious what differentiates Comrade Shamrock and Nerjin in your eyes.

From my view, the only appreciable difference in their play so far is that Nerjin supported you in your push on mastah, whereas Shamrock didn't, and voted for you too. Is there something beyond that that makes either Shamrock look scummy or Nerjin look town in your eyes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 3 - A rich stew, a small group
« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »

IC here, clarifying something.

The day ends when >50% agree to end it or when the votes have not changed for 24 hours. There isn't a hammer; instead, if >50% of players vote to shorten, the day ends.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:36 pm »

Zormod, you... have been pretty much entirely absent in this game, I don't think you've managed a post with any content, and you haven't voted either. Trying to lurk your way to victory, hm, scum?

I really am leaning this way, but it's difficult because I was actually relatively convinced that OSG was scum due to this. I'm even more worried because more than half the players here have been massively lurky all game, which is likely why Peradon was taken out of the picture.

Scripten, you never answered my question about your thoughts on Nerjin/Shamrock: (not saying that's scummy - yet - I'd just like to know the answer, seeing as we don't have much from D2)

Scripten, I'm curious what differentiates Comrade Shamrock and Nerjin in your eyes.

From my view, the only appreciable difference in their play so far is that Nerjin supported you in your push on mastah, whereas Shamrock didn't, and voted for you too. Is there something beyond that that makes either Shamrock look scummy or Nerjin look town in your eyes?

Apologies. I must have overlooked your question earlier. I'm actually not so sure if there is much of a difference here. Seeing as we're in LyLo, it's entirely possible that Nerjin or Shamrock, possibly both, are scum. I will be looking very carefully at their entrances to today, and, when I have more time, I will

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 10, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »

Great News: Not busy tomorrow so will be doing a decent post then. Sorry that life hates me right now...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2015, 03:05:30 pm »

So Comrade Shamrock and Zormod need to show today. Lurking town lose games, and we're in LyLo. People need to be scumhunting and responding to questions.

Like, now.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:45 pm »

Hector:
Nerjin and Shamrock, you two haven't been much active either, though there are more content in your posts. What are your thoughts on what was essentially a contentless D2?
Well it sucks and the people with the most D2 content are dead. Scripten is being mildly hypocritical in accusing people for lack of posting when didn't do much himself in terms of asking questions to get more content.

Scripten:
Why did you suspect OSG? You didn't put it with your vote.

Also yeah I'm putting my vote back on you for reasons as outlined here.

Zormod:
What everyone else said. Get in here and post.

Also give us a list of reads and how suspiciously you view them. Not just a summary of game play.

My reads:
Scummiest:
Scripten - Reasons I've stated above.
Zormod - Utter lack of content.
Nerjin - Good content in the posts he does make.
Hector - Active, good questions and scumhunting.
Me - For obvious reasons
Towniest:

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 1: A thin soup
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

Initial:
Scripten pulling the distancing thing with mastahcheese. Thought that they could have been scum but I was leaning towards standard Scripten play until cheese gave his theory on it.
Scripten then attacks cheese for giving out the theory.
Later Scripten says cheese assumed a position of authority by giving advice. Scripten has done so in past games though not like cheese. Not that Scripten is abusing his IC position but he is accusing Cheese of giving advice and saying it is the scummy. I'll admit it wasn't the best way for cheese to go about it but I didn't think it was that scummy.

Scripted wasn't distancing. Several people were getting on Mastahcheese about the gambit he pulled. Again that is the trouble with gambits. Especially gambits that you use to deliberately look bad. This first bit is a weak case.

Secondly Cheese did assume a bit of authority there. Not in a bad way for most games but I can see why it might be an issue for a BM where the new players are desperate to find a player to latch onto. Not in a scum manner either. What they want is to latch onto a player who seems to know what theyre doing and emulate it. That way they can follow a procedure until they figure on out for themselves.

I don't think your 'reasons' for voting Scripten are very good. He may very well be scum but I don't really get that vibe from him. Right now I'm mostly thinking it's Zormod but am afraid I can't really prove it aside from absolutely atrocious play.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »

Initial:
Scripten pulling the distancing thing with mastahcheese. Thought that they could have been scum but I was leaning towards standard Scripten play until cheese gave his theory on it.
Scripten then attacks cheese for giving out the theory.
Later Scripten says cheese assumed a position of authority by giving advice. Scripten has done so in past games though not like cheese. Not that Scripten is abusing his IC position but he is accusing Cheese of giving advice and saying it is the scummy. I'll admit it wasn't the best way for cheese to go about it but I didn't think it was that scummy.

Scripted wasn't distancing. Several people were getting on Mastahcheese about the gambit he pulled. Again that is the trouble with gambits. Especially gambits that you use to deliberately look bad. This first bit is a weak case.

Secondly Cheese did assume a bit of authority there. Not in a bad way for most games but I can see why it might be an issue for a BM where the new players are desperate to find a player to latch onto. Not in a scum manner either. What they want is to latch onto a player who seems to know what theyre doing and emulate it. That way they can follow a procedure until they figure on out for themselves.

I don't think your 'reasons' for voting Scripten are very good. He may very well be scum but I don't really get that vibe from him. Right now I'm mostly thinking it's Zormod but am afraid I can't really prove it aside from absolutely atrocious play.

What is your reads list, Nerjin?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2015, 07:29:58 pm »

Well it sucks and the people with the most D2 content are dead. Scripten is being mildly hypocritical in accusing people for lack of posting when didn't do much himself in terms of asking questions to get more content.

Remember that mafia is a team game. Posting for the sake of having a high postcount isn't actually generating content. Much of what I wanted to say on D2 was being said by Peradon and Hector13, or, more accurately, the sort of interactions I would have liked to see were already happening. Today, having lurkers is more dangerous, because it's LyLo, and if people aren't responding, it's critically important.

Why did you suspect OSG? You didn't put it with your vote.

Bandwagoning, lack of explanation of his mental processes, etc. I had also seen him play another game, in which he was much more confident and had a firmer apparent grasp on mafia theory.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2015, 04:43:44 pm »

Seconding this. We need some activity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 12, 2015, 04:45:06 pm »

What's your reads list then, seeing as you're the only one about?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 12, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »

What's your reads list then, seeing as you're the only one about?

It's kind of tough to say, since I expected one of Mastahcheese, origamiscienceguy, or Peradon to be scum. It doesn't make much sense for them all to be town, considering their interactions, but seeing as they are gone, this is what I've got:

Scum
-------
Zormod - this one's shaky, since it could just be newbieness. Lurking is anti-town, ESPECIALLY if you are town!
Comrade Shamrock/Nerjin - Nerjin was more town in my mind before, but his lack of any strong contributions bothers me. Comrade's poor cases bother me and he has definitely egged on TvT arguments from the sidelines, but he plays like this as town, too.
Hector13 - Not a whole lot of complaints here. Contributions are strong and mental inertia makes sense.
Myself - obviously
-------
Town

If you are a town cop, right now is the time to claim all of your results throughout the game. Since we are in LyLo, even if you get stabbed in the night, at least town will last until the next day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 12, 2015, 05:10:05 pm »

But... what if the cop didn't get any scum results from the people here though?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 12, 2015, 05:39:00 pm »

But... what if the cop didn't get any scum results from the people here though?

But what if the cop got town results on living players?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27