Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.  (Read 39402 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2016, 09:46:21 am »

I do see remarks of people wishing the battles went to around 1000 points. I wouldn't mind seeing battles with two battle cruisers and everything else but large battles already have a lot of things to try and keep focus on all at once. Ship positioning, maneuvering out of the way of torpedoes, ramming and bracing and all of the other special abilties.

I remember before the game was released there was mention of ships being able to fly in formation alongside each other, matching speed. If that was included it would help with positioning to a degree. My battles against orks are massive messes though. Ships colliding into each other all over the place. It's glorious but my own ships accidentally bumping into each other annoys me, scratches the paint.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2016, 10:05:46 am »

"Ensign, Full Ramming Speed, All hands brace for impact."

"Sir, the Orks...they evaded, we are on collision course with the Emperors own Luck"

"All Thrusters on full reverse, slow us down with whatever you can i don't care."

"Sir we can't make it!"

"Brace for Impa-"

*radio crackling* " GODDAMNIT COMMANDER YOU JUST SHAVED OFF FIFTY TONS OF GOLD OFF OF MY SHIP. THAT GOES OUT OF YOUR PAY!"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2016, 10:12:03 am »

Shit like that would happen less if space weren't flat.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2016, 10:36:10 am »

Shit like that would happen less if space weren't flat.
It would.
It's Warhammer 40k goddamnit, the captains proably need to be strapped to their seats to stop them from opening the airlock whilist screaming "FLY ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

I do see remarks of people wishing the battles went to around 1000 points. I wouldn't mind seeing battles with two battle cruisers and everything else but large battles already have a lot of things to try and keep focus on all at once. Ship positioning, maneuvering out of the way of torpedoes, ramming and bracing and all of the other special abilties.

I remember before the game was released there was mention of ships being able to fly in formation alongside each other, matching speed. If that was included it would help with positioning to a degree. My battles against orks are massive messes though. Ships colliding into each other all over the place. It's glorious but my own ships accidentally bumping into each other annoys me, scratches the paint.
Holy fuck shit, I want Cobra formations so fucking hard. Micromanaging every fucking tiny little torpedo boat is pain in ass, so is making them fire torpedoes somewhat coherently.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2016, 01:08:01 am »

What are some common peeves regarding ships in this game which I don't own? Is it a common annoyance that most macrobattery shots miss, for example? Would a ship with better shields be looked upon favourably over a ship with strike craft?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2016, 07:50:28 am »

Annoyances? Hmm... remembering the strengths of all the different ships is a fair bit of work. It would be nice if the game gave brief outlines as to the roles for different ships. Some are better at range with more lances, others are better at close range with more macrocannons. I have to flip back and forth between the ships trying to see what weapons are different.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:46 am »

A pet peeve of mine is that you can spend 5 minutes blasting the hell out of a ship, taking out engines, weapons, void shields....and with a sliver of health left they activate their warp drives and bug out. (Yes I know you can board to halt it but your odds blow without being specialized for it.) Killing anything larger than a frigate in this game feels like a slog.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:23:10 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2016, 10:26:06 am »

For me it could take even longer. Ships like these shouldn't be destroyed in mere minutes.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:25 am »

For me it could take even longer. Ships like these shouldn't be destroyed in mere minutes.

When it's 3v1, it shouldn't take THAT long. And really it just doesn't feel like capabilities diminish with damage.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2016, 02:29:08 am »

Bit of a revival to call attention to the fact that the Tau (And friends!) have been released with complementary new video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCXrBMl648

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2016, 04:39:16 am »

It's Warhammer 40k goddamnit, the captains proably need to be strapped to their seats to stop them from opening the airlock whilist screaming "FLY ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!"

This comment and my vivid imagination got me laughing really hard.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2016, 05:17:35 am »

It's too bad that the new races don't come with their own mini campaigns.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2016, 10:19:43 am »

To be fair, writing Tau campaigns is a job no one probably wants :P

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:50 am »

I'm glad my Tau fleet was kept from the beta. No portraits for the Kroot Sphere and the Demiurg ships but there's a unique voice for the Nicassar Dhow so there's some detail for the flat, floating psychic polar bears.

I think these are changes: Tau ship torpedoes have changed from guided torpedoes to ability targeted missiles. Also the Deimurg ship and Kroot Warsphere now all count as battleships rather than battlecruisers.

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 06, 2016, 05:53:48 am »

So, after putting the game in the freezer for a while when I kept running into crashes when it first released (rip ironman), I figured now would be a good time to try it again considering the new factions and updates and such. Second campaign mission (ie still tutorials since I'd forgotten how to play) I cause it to fatal error by... using the teleport strikes immediately when the enemy ship tried to flee instead of waiting to be prompted. Back in the freezer you go, game.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19