Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.  (Read 39443 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »

I don't think there's any really new pictures on Steam, but this one shows a number of Ork vessels that I don't exactly remember seeing before.

There's also a pre-order incentive of a Space Marine fleet faction or similar. I would assume that such a faction would be mostly made up of battle barges because remember that most of the imperial ships you see are part of the Imperial Navy which is more like the Imperial Guard faction than Space Marines.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2016, 10:39:31 pm »

So... this is quite the niche filling. Very impressive.

Look at those broadsides, the missiles, the lighting. This looks pretty awesome and the fact that it's real time strategy makes it oh so more appealing.

I am quite excited from the screenshots. The visuals certainly capture the stupid majesty of space cathedrals.
Paraphrased from the comments:  "Those screenshots don't look very lore friendly.  Too many lights!"

I guess they want it to look like every grey is real game ever... its not like the actual Warhammer 40k board game is known for vibrant painting schemes or anything :/

Another video has been released for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. It consists of gameplay footage with voiceover and has some nice shots of the different ships for the Imperium, various ships for Chaos, Orks as well as the first look at an Eldar ship I believe.
That in-house voiceover tho.  So much effort went into everything else, and you couldn't hire a narrator?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 03:14:55 am »

Paraphrased from the comments:  "Those screenshots don't look very lore friendly.  Too many lights!"
Bullshit, Imperial Navy is purposefuly as shiny and with as many strong lights as possible, they "illumimate" their enemies or something. Also because that helps with ships crashing into each other. The only ships which aren't eye-rapey might be the famous "Black Ships", since they're supposed to be stealth or stuff.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2016, 03:29:32 am »

Dunno how much stealth figures into the process, but the purpose of the Black Ships is to stop at planets and round up people who show signs of psychic potential (generally seen as a bad thing among humans). The might be black more because of their unsavory, slightly sinister mission, rather than some attempt to be sneaky.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2016, 03:31:51 am »

Its to power the golden toilet right?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2016, 03:38:26 am »

Partially. Not all of the psykers gathered are sacrificed to the Golden Throne; those with sufficient willpower can become sanctioned psykers. Astropaths and other such things.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2016, 05:12:01 am »

There are two kinds of Black Ships at least. The League Of Black Ships which you mean, and The Inquisitorial Black Ships. The latter are special purpose even more, and I think they're also the ones which carry Grey Knights.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2016, 11:36:25 am »

Looks decent, some choppy framerates, got to see some of the UI, like turrets apparently being damaged and so forth. Could be interesting if there are skills to be used and such, and positioning is as important as they are making it sound in the trailer.

I love these kinds of space games, but I am definitely not preordering given the latest WK40K games coming out, and Tindalos' own track record.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2016, 02:04:07 am »

I'll start by mentioning that this game seems to be planned to be released sometime around 26th of March. If you've been following, you'll probably understand why that seems a bit odd because there hasn't been any videos released covering the Orks and Eldar forces.

Apparently this is not because the game isn't finished, beta multiplayer testing is planned soon for those who have pre-ordered.

With this dearth of information a 42 minute long video covering the campaign, ship customisation as well as gameplay is quite welcome. Coming from Angry Joe with developer co-commentary.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2016, 02:39:03 am »

Why put Orks and Eldar in the main game when you can sell them as DLC? While I like the concept as such, I'm quite skeptical about the outcome.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2016, 03:23:11 am »

Ork and Eldar fleets are in the game at release. So far the only DLC mentioned is the Space Marines, which I think is quite acceptable because Space Marines are not that big of a player in space battles, being much more of a ground assault force.

Edit: I'll also mention that the free Space Marines DLC is extended for 2 months after the game is released in case you want to see reviews of the game first.

From the video; You can rename ships, ships have customisable abilities, upgrades, crew and favours with different factions (Imperial Navy favours have; Inquisition, Imperial Navy, Adeptus Mechanicus and Adeptus Astartes), ships gain experience individually from battle, ship commanders can flee a battle if they lose moral giving you the choice of executing them. There's also several different mission types including fleet duels, space station assault and planet assault.

Edit: I'll also include that in the campaign mode, your fleet is not the only one around as there will be A.I. Imperial Navies that you can work with to defeat enemies and defend the Gothic sector. In the video you see one area, of which I think they mentioned there is about 6 total.

There's also a number of interesting mechanics during battles; bombs you can place to try and catch enemy ships, stasis bombs that slow time down locally affecting shots and ships, boarding manoeuvres, broadsides with torpedos, fast turns, ramming, a locust swarm for a Nurgle marked Chaos ship. Space bar also gives a kind of pause with it slowing time down to help make decisions during battle.

You can also give ship control over to the A.I., telling them to engage at different ranges, port, starboard or bow focus for weapons.

Planned features are the other factions (Tau, Necrons, Tyranids) and a ship painting system as a free update post launch once it's finished.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:23:25 am by Mech#4 »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2016, 04:09:25 am »

Oh my god, a 40k anything that has space marines as an afterthought and everyone else in the limelight.  Sign me the fuck up.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2016, 04:47:28 am »

I used to play the actual Gothic back in the turn of the millenia. I wonder how much the game takes from it. Orks where interesting for being so unpredictable - for example, the number of torpedoes you managed to shoot was rolled with dice every time you launched. RNG incarnate is required to make them interesting to play anyway, otherwise they'd be just a boring brute force faction.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2016, 08:21:45 am »

That angry joe video made me excited for this game.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19