Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.  (Read 39439 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 03:21:12 pm »

I'm tentative on this still. I also really haven't seen anything indicative of scale which worries me in the extreme... I mean I saw a couple of ships and a couple of fighters, but that's not really 40k is it? Like, if anyone remembers the crazy scale of battles E:TW or N:TW got to that's what i'm looking for here.

EDIT: keep rewatching the trailer to look at the sides where the heads up for ship status is and it really makes me think the most we're gonna get is like 8 v 8 ships, a damn shame if that's the case, as this really looked good.

It's based on the tabletop games, which are much smaller (Also ship battles aren't that huge... short of the ships themselves)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2015, 05:22:45 pm »

It's based on the tabletop games, which are much smaller (Also ship battles aren't that huge... short of the ships themselves)

That first part is fine, but i'm not sure where you're getting that second part from. 40k space battles are, lore-wise, nothing short of cataclysmic during major engagements/the pivotal battles of Imperial history. Personally, I have zero interest in a game solely based around skirmishes.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 12:51:00 am »

Considering the insane scale of the ships, any engagement is huge since frigates are kilometers long. Battleships make SW Star Destroyers seem like shuttles in comparison. Who cares about logistics, in WH40K everything is bigger than reality.

Regarding features mentioned here, the whole ships-escaping-and-coming-back sounds stupid regarding fluff, otherwise sounds quite awesome. I think emergency retreat into the warp should be okay, but it should have a high chance of losing the ship or causing it permanent damage and only be viable as an option before destruction.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 08:43:27 am »

From a gameplay perspective I'm fine with it. If you can have ships warp out before being destroyed that might indicate a persistent fleet where ships gain stats, ranks and traits as they survive battles. I would expect escaping would be rather difficult too; charge up time, not firing weapons and pointing engines towards the enemy, moving slowly while calibrating jump, etc etc.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2015, 10:01:52 pm »

Woah we have an thread for this?
PTW then.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 01:31:05 am »

Here's a screenshot of the Eldar ship from the video.
I also like that they've got the Imperium space station.  Ramilies-class I think is the name.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 08:25:21 am »

It seems to be bigger than Ramilies-class tho. Ramilies class also aren't round.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2015, 05:05:02 am »

This looks good, but I'm worried it might be a bit too simplistic. When I looked at the bottom GUI there really weren't that many controls, and I kinda can imagine that it might be just a sort of 'Dawn of War:Last Stand' kinda thing but with ships.
I'd hoped for something a bit more tactical, even if just in terms of massive maps to plan around, whereas it looks all a bit deathmatchy.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2015, 09:40:53 am »

This looks good, but I'm worried it might be a bit too simplistic. When I looked at the bottom GUI there really weren't that many controls, and I kinda can imagine that it might be just a sort of 'Dawn of War:Last Stand' kinda thing but with ships.
I'd hoped for something a bit more tactical, even if just in terms of massive maps to plan around, whereas it looks all a bit deathmatchy.

My feelings exactly. Game just doesn't scream "grimdark" to me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 05:38:17 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »

It's on Steam now.

To save others from the disappointment I just experienced, it's available for dumb people to preorder now.  The game isn't out until March.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:38 pm »

It's on Steam now.

To save others from the disappointment I just experienced, it's available for dumb people to preorder now.  The game isn't out until March.

I hear if you preorder you'll get access to the multiplayer beta. Which hasn't started, I think.

I want this to be good, and Tindalos Interactive made Stellar Impact, which I really liked and is kind of sort of in the same vein but as a MOBA. Some quick googling shows me they also did Etherium, which apparently released 6 months ago and people simply can't play it because it crashes after every mission.

So, you know. I'll wait and see.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2016, 09:53:14 pm »

"Warhammer 40k: Battlefleet Gothic"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19