Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.  (Read 39445 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefleet Gothic - Armada. RTS.
« Reply #150 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:08 am »

Ehh, I must say that the launch trailer voice actor sucks. Plus there is like one guy being multiple voices?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2016, 08:14:55 am »

Ye.
They are very weak in voice acting department, though they do have pretty fun ones, like the Commissar.

EDIT:
I also finally actually bought the game.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 08:37:35 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 21, 2016, 08:54:04 am »

Too bad my PC won't be able to handle this. :(

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2016, 09:00:31 am »

Actually you can play it with way worse PC than it has in minimal specifications. Just be prepared for horrendous loading times and scale the quality (it looks horrendous at lowest, like worse than 2005 games, though) accordingly.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2016, 09:44:05 am »

You know...I might try it. I wish there was a Demo.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2016, 09:51:12 am »

*cough* *cough* torrents *cough*

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:56 am »

I know, I know...I haven't done that in years.... :o

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

Actually you can play it with way worse PC than it has in minimal specifications. Just be prepared for horrendous loading times and scale the quality (it looks horrendous at lowest, like worse than 2005 games, though) accordingly.
It is inquisitors ramming giant gothic cathedrals in foul heretical space temples WHILE IN UNFORGIVING SPACE VOID

I bet, it would be awesome even in pixel graphics.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2016, 01:56:24 pm »

Thinking i'm going to wait a couple more weeks to let the post release bug fixes get out there. Kot indicates there are still bugs from beta outstanding in the release.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:32 pm »

They did fix some of them, the game also doesn't crash every match and in general is way way less buggier and more stable than, let's say, a month ago, but still has a lot of visible issues and the update actually brough in even more (fucking minimap doesn't work, sometimes you lose control over your ship abilities completly, etc)... and the devs apparently claimed they aren't going to update the game for a while...
Well, at least there's still 2 week period during which you can get your "pre-order" bonus if you buy from Steam.

EDIT:
TBH, I feel like the most of dissapointment with the relase comes from how amazing the game is. It's literally on-par with Dawn Of War when it comes to how amazing it is and is a great game right now. I feel like it's not exactly worth the money, but that's mostly because game prices raised a lot past few years.
Also, it's going to proably significantly improve in future. There are already two new factions incoming, Devs mentioned that they intend to incorporate most tabletop stuff at one point or another so limited fleets are proably going to get expanded a lot. The art is amazing (Voice acting actually fits the Wh40k ham pretty well and Commissar has a chance to become new meme among the /tg/), the gameplay is amazing unless you encounter someone abusing some unbalanced mechanic or one of countless bugs, and so on. It's fucking great, it's just... unfinished.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:05:01 pm by Kot »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2016, 12:41:37 am »

I've found the campaign pretty fun so far. The battles are solid and interesting. Regarding bugs, I haven't really encountered any I had noticed... not a single crash either. Maybe I'm just lucky that my configuration is similar to what the devs used? I haven't bothered playing multiplayer though, since I don't have the time to git gud by grinding.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:27 am »

I crashed quite a number of times but then when I stopped alt tabbing out I stopped crashing. For the most part.

Had a lot of bugs though. Sometimes ships completely stop moving or responding. Skills don't work. Etc. Fun though.

I kinda wish it was slower paced so I can zoom in and watch my ships duke it out. Too bad I spend all my time microing everything because the game's ship AI is borderline retarded and useless. I also wish I had more ships to use. These numbers are kinda pathetic. 3 ships does not an epic space armada make. If a real life admiral only had 3 ships to use he'd be a fucking laughingstock.

The campaign has been pretty entertaining so far. I'm at act 2. I've been mostly using a carrier cruiser, my starting light cruiser (that they make you put the fucking navigator on for some stupidass reason), and that frigate that has a macro turret and a torpedo launcher. Slaughtering everything I've come across with that setup. The carrier cruiser is awesome, especially when you pump stats into the ordinances. The starting light cruiser is also pretty tanky because of the forced shield stats. The frigate is great when you upgrade its macro turret to 9000 range. Actually becomes useful at that point since it basically becomes a sniper rifle.

I laughed a lot when I realized the pathetic Eldar don't have any defenses against lightning assaults. I learned this by accident during the story mission when you first run into them. One of their ships shot a torpedo barrage at my fleet while I approached so I used the micro warp jump to jump ahead (I don't really understand how the micro warp jump works. It seems there's so many places you're not allowed to warp to). However, when I did this I accidentally warped next to the Eldar cruiser. My cruiser then blasted it with a full frontal strike of melta torpedoes followed by it's skill-boosted double lightning strike and the boarding ordinance. The poor Eldar was on fire x4 and basically dead.

I also really, REALLY love ramming enemy ships. It's frigging hilarious. It's also hilarious when the orks ram your cruiser with their frigates and explode without doing anything to you.

So far really enjoying it. Definitely has problems though.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:41 am »

Orc frigates should do damage when ramming, though, that is their thing. Regarding bugs, some of them are actually features. Like if a ship stops, it likely did so to stop ramming a friendly ship or an obstacle like a floating cathedral. I haven't noticed the skill thing, but putting skills on autolaunch definitely doesn't work or works in a retarded way. So just don't do that.

I think the game has some trouble giving you sense of scale; the ships are supposed to be kilometers long and so forth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2016, 01:55:52 am »

Orc frigates should do damage when ramming, though, that is their thing. Regarding bugs, some of them are actually features. Like if a ship stops, it likely did so to stop ramming a friendly ship or an obstacle like a floating cathedral. I haven't noticed the skill thing, but putting skills on autolaunch definitely doesn't work or works in a retarded way. So just don't do that.

I think the game has some trouble giving you sense of scale; the ships are supposed to be kilometers long and so forth.
No no, by stop I mean the entire ship becomes completely unresponsive. It's happened a few times to me. No idea what's the cause. It still shoots though. Just doesn't do anything else. I've also had the tutorial bug out on me when it refused to let me fire the augur probe.

Orc frigates don't really do anything when they ram a cruiser. They do like... 1/4th a bar in damage but just explode. It's pretty hilarious. Maybe it's supposed to be more intimidating to a more worthless vessel like say... an Eldar pansycraft?

I think the Eldar would be super scary in the hands of a player but in the hands of the AI it's uhhh... disappointing. Also nonsensical.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2016, 02:23:00 am »

Yeah, the Eldar AI needs some work. Hmmm, could the unresponsiviness be due to a taunt? A taunted ship will attack the taunter and not respond to commands for the duration. It is annoying.

Weird though that I haven't met those bugs, since they don't sound hardware-dependent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19