Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC  (Read 14396 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2015, 01:31:22 am »

Well then, I thought that using the age of 23 would set my character in the younger portion of the group, considering what the tournament is.   Turns out to be putting me at tied for the oldest...I was not expecting people to have their character's ages set so low.  Considering how I was developing him to act as a 'young cynic', I'm going to drop it down to around the median.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:52:37 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2015, 01:48:55 am »

I mean, I am playing a grandchild of the war...

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 01:57:07 am »

I edited my deck a bit. Took out three cards and added three MSTs.  Should put me at 5 Super Rares.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 02:00:32 am »

I mean, I am playing a grandchild of the war...

That one seems to be used a majority of the time, as me, you, and Beirus all have that as the backstory.  More 'informed' in my case, as I don't flat out state 'grandchild', but considering the age, that's what it would be.  Coincidence between us, as I didn't know you had yours up by the time I saved the modification.

You may want to go back and edit yours, by the way.  The flow of its is really off from my reading of it.

Looking over the backstories and age (as well as recalling one card from one of the test duels I had against FelixSparks) I just figured out how the group would wind up acting if this was an actual series of the anime:
Jacob Thornton - The Mentor (Only 23, but that makes him the oldest character here.)
Sol Aruka - The Protagonist (Satellarknight Delteros <2500/2100 Warrior>) <One of the only two cards I remember from our duel>
Nathan Ardal - The Rival (Koa'ki Meiru Maximus <3000/2500 Dragon>)
Marin Volta -  Whatever you would call Joey/Syrus/Crow/etc,'s position (There's always one.)
Belle Hooks - The Heart (The character's 10.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:09:24 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 05:01:41 pm »

Ok we're very close to being able to start now, I would like to wait for either SilverDragon or Annachie to join. But Silverdragon is busy at the moment and Annachie hasn't logged in for a while so I may just start it in a couple of days.

Culise your deck appears to be fine black horn of heaven is a rare though. It wasn't in one of the hidden armoury packs in the TCG so the duel terminal rarity isn't used.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:07:38 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 05:42:48 pm »

-Snip-

Took a glance to see what the theme was.  Seriously, 4 signer dragons?

Whelp, there burns the last remains of any hopes that I had of there being only a couple of one of the series' signatures...Ah well.  Probably has to do with common synchros being a pain to find.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:54:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »

Maybe it's a tribute deck.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 06:59:51 pm »

Ok we're very close to being able to start now, I would like to wait for either SilverDragon or Annachie to join. But Silverdragon is busy at the moment and Annachie hasn't logged in for a while so I may just start it in a couple of days.
Actually, if either of those two doesn't join, does that mean I get to join? If there's space left, at least.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:06 pm »

Yes I will probably allow you to join if that is the case, I will wait for a bit though as I know Silverdragon is still interested in this but feel free to start designing your character in advance.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 07:04:50 pm »

Actually, if either of those two doesn't join, does that mean I get to join? If there's space left, at least.

If you manage to get the rest of the sheet done, it's possible Kansa will let you in.  I only saw you had a deck posted.

Maybe it's a tribute deck.

Culise is running Gusto, a synchro-based archetype.

So how long til Konami decides to use this to make the card game more like the show?

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:17 pm »

Like a tribute to the Signers themselves...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2015, 07:20:39 pm »

Probably has to do with common synchros being a pain to find.
Pretty much.  For a synchro deck to not have synchros would be like a monarch deck without monarchs.  I'd have preferred to not use them, but outside of them, Child Dragon was the only option I could find. 
Still, it is a bit bothersome.  I think I'll trim them out and buy what I can find after.  And since I have one too many rares with the Black Horns, I'll rework that as well. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:29:48 pm by Culise »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2015, 07:48:02 pm »

Still, it is a bit bothersome.  I think I'll trim them out and buy what I can find after.

Speaking of buying cards, how is buying cards going to work?  Is it going to be based on rarities?  Something based on the real-world pricing (ex. times 50)?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »

If you manage to get the rest of the sheet done, it's possible Kansa will let you in.  I only saw you had a deck posted.
Well, that is pretty much why I asked. In any case, I'l start designing my sheet anyway, even if Silverdragon will end up joining.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2015, 10:16:28 pm »

I was going to do my sheet today, but I guess I'm too late? I'll start on it anyway.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12