Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC  (Read 14398 times)

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:54 am »

Updated my first post with my character concept - will have a more complete version later today or tomorrow, hopefully.
Tsuyoku naritai.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 05:25:52 am »

Oh yeah, I was planning on entering this.
Just gonna copy the warrior deck I ported to DN for now, don't have time to check everything since I gotta go to my grandma's funeral soon.
Would someone else mind checking to see if the deck's alright?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Extra deck (click to show/hide)
Propably not within the point limit, but it'd still be nice to know how many points this is.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 10:30:51 am »

Your deck seems fine King, Scrap-Iron scarecrow is rare so your slightly over there but apart from that it seems to be fine.

Here is your count DarkPaladin, you are over on quite a few things. I'm sorry but you probably will get put on the wait list as priority goes to the apocalypse players/waitlisters first.

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:38:42 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 10:50:47 am »

Your deck seems fine King, Scrap-Iron scarecrow is rare so your slightly over there but apart from that it seems to be fine.
Mm, it is in the side deck, so it doesn't matter much, I'll just cut it.
Tsuyoku naritai.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 11:34:03 am »

Here is your count DarkPaladin, you are over on quite a few things. I'm sorry but you probably will get put on the wait list as priority goes to the apocalypse players/waitlisters first.

Spoiler: Count (click to show/hide)
Sure. I don't mind being put on the waitlist in favor of players who aren't in a game already, since I'm already in one RP.
Thanks for counting, by the way :D

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »

Alright, my deck list and profile should be up once I get out of work.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 02:10:10 pm »

Aw yeah, it's all coming together!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:09 pm »

Name: Jacob Thornton
Appearance: He generally wears blue jeans and a white t-shirt with black boots. His most distinguishable article of clothing is a black leather jacket with the kanji for Bushido in large print on the back. He is about 6 feet tall, with brown hair combed back and hazel eyes. He has a beard trimmed along his jawline. His skin is fair, and he has a few freckles on his forearms. His build is muscular from the manual labor expected of those in the lower classes.
Backstory: Jacob's grandfather was a member of the old guard, who was dishonored when the side lost. His family was cast to the lowest ranks of society, but they still maintained some of their pride out of sheer stubbornness. His family always believed that someday they would gain back their honor and prestige. Entering the tournament is Jacob's attempt at making that happen.
Money: 250
Deck:
Monsters:
Grandmaster of the Six Samurai (Ra Yellow Mega-Pack Common)
Elder of the Six Samurai (Extreme Victory Common)
Kagemusha of the Six Samurai x 3 (Storm of Ragnarok Common)
Legendary Six Samurai-Kageki x 2 (Storm of Ragnarok Rare)
Legendary Six Samurai-Kizan (Storm of Ragnarok Super Rare)
Legendary Six Samurai-Mizuho x 2 (Storm of Ragnarok Common)
Legendary Six Samurai-Shinai x 2 (Storm of Ragnarok Common)
Spirit of the Six Samurai x 2 (Gladiator's Assault Common)
The Six Samurai-Irou x 2 (Strike of Neos Common)
The Six Samurai-Kamon (Strike of Neos Common)
The Six Samurai-Nisashi (Strike of Neos Common)
The Six Samurai-Yaichi (Strke of Neos Common)
The Six Samurai-Yariza (Strike of Neos Common)
The Six Samurai-Zanji x 2 (Strike of Neos Common)
Great Shogun Shien (Ra Yellow Mega Pack Common)
Shien's Footsoldier (Strike of Neos Common)

Spell Cards:
Shien's Dojo (Extreme Victory Super Rare)
Shien's Smoke Signal (Storm of Ragnarok Rare)
Six Strike-Triple Impact x 2 (Storm of Ragnarok Common)
Six Samurai United (Phantom Darkness Rare)
Mystical Space Typhoon x 3 (Super Rare)
Trap Cards:
Breakthrough! x 2 (Force of the Breaker Common)
Backs to the Wall (Force of the Breaker Common)
Swiftstrike Armor (Gladiator's Assault Common)
Musakani Magatama (Storm of Ragnarok Rare)
Shien's Scheme x 3 (Storm of Ragnarok Common)

Extra Deck:
Legendary Samurai Shi En (Storm of Ragnarok Ultra Rare)
Number 86-Heroic Champion Rhongomiant (Ultimate Rare)
Shadow of the Six Samurai-Shien (Ultra Rare)

And now that I actually have the rarities listed, I realize I really undershot the amounts allowed. I'll probably edit it a bit to throw in some stronger cards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:56:20 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2015, 05:43:32 am »

Everything seems ok on the count for your deck Beirus

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2015, 03:38:57 pm »

Are we going to have the duels run play by post or in an application?

If the latter, I vote for Devpro.  It is just so much easier to keep track of stuff on there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2015, 03:40:12 pm »

Probably play by post to allow for more rp during the duels
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 03:53:48 pm by Kansa »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2015, 03:40:44 pm »

So long as they happen within a decent window, I'm good for either.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2015, 02:28:02 pm »

New challenger approaching! Belle Hooks has appeared on the roster.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2015, 04:27:08 pm »

Cool, we're getting close to being able to start.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2015, 12:43:18 am »

I'm kinda torn between two possible builds, too, and I'm not sure which one will work better.  If this doesn't, though, I can always pick up the necessary commons in shops; it's just a Winda, three Serene Psychic Witches, and MST away.  Maybe some Esper Girls if I'm feeling daring, or a few other cards.  Also, while I unfortunately couldn't come up with a nice pun for the deck name, I'm a bit pleased that I managed to work in multiple puns into her name as per side character tradition, especially since the one on the face of it is a bit misleading. ^_^

Name: Marin Volta
Appearance:
Marin is distinctly average in appearance, with brown hair and brown eyes, her skin tanned from regular work in the streets under the sun.  Slightly short, her clothing - slightly-stained jeans, well-worn sneakers, and a green shirt - marks her poverty for all to see, and the duel disc on her right arm is just as plainly well-worn, an old model that looks like it could date back to the original war.  Lithe and wiry in build, she is stronger than she appears to be, and certainly faster, but she tends to wear a slightly quizzical expression, as though she's slightly out-of-it. 

Backstory:
Coming from the very lowest of classes as a foundling, Marin grew up on the streets.  Here is where she learned the tricks of the trade as a pickpocket, a role she excelled at due to physical dexterity and her small size, which kept her underestimated and beneath the notice of most.  She soon fell in with a gang with dreams of robbing the rich and giving to themselves, and here graduated to second-story work.  In particular, her talents and quick mind drew the attention of Bellini, one of the older thieves, who showed her the tricks in tickling electronic systems to get them to work according to her will.  While his forte ran along the lines of alarms, she began to experiment with repairing broken electronic devices that had been thrown out, ranging from clocks to duel discs.  He also taught her several card games, which he often used to sharp unsuspecting targets, and included among these the game that united both the common and the elite, a game that when combined with duel discs also granted strength.

However, a gang that preyed primarily on the rich, instead of their fellow poor, was one that quickly made itself a nuisance to the powers that were, especially as it became more successful.  Nuisances, unfortunately, tended to draw the attention of the authorities, who came down like a bolt of lightning once they had finally had enough.  In a single raid, almost everyone in the gang was snapped up and arrested.  Marin herself barely escaped with the aid of Bellini and a few others, none of whom had any particular personal ties to each other.  Bellini and most of the others, considering the threat of the Corporation, decided to leave the city entirely.  Marin, however, had other plans.  She had finally gotten a duel disc working, and with the cards she had obtained here and there, she had a full deck of cards.  Though the others thought her a fool, Bellini understood her intentions, and the two parted amicably, though as a precaution, Marin carefully avoided learning where they were headed.  Using her middle name as part of the pseudonym Dina Argo, Marin entered the tourney in order to gain wealth and power enough to shape her own fate, playing the role of a naive and slightly foolish novice duelist. 

Money: 250
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:50:14 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12