Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC  (Read 14359 times)

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:10 am »

Fifty years ago there was a great civil war that tore the country of Coiavania apart, the two sides that split up this place were a mega-corporation known as Coerelia and the Loyalists of the old emperor  Sepulchrave who ruled there. Conventional warfare was not the only way these people fought however. They also fought using cards. With the advancement of solid vision to actually project not just light but also mass it was now possible to actually use dueling and real monsters to fight the enemy. The loser of these deadly duels were either killed or had their essences imprisoned in cards themselves.

The battle went on for many years, causing massive casualties on both sides. Some cities were almost wiped off of the map entirely, including the capital of Coiavania where Sepulchrave's family had always commanded from in the past. Despite the many casualties on either side however the ending was growing no closer. In a desperate attempt to end the war the Leader of Coerelia called Elend challenged   Sepulchrave to a duel, the duel that would decide the fate of their country.

It was a mighty battle and very close but in the end Elend managed to pull ahead of the emperor and won the duel. Elend instead of killing the emperor imprisoned his soul in a card, with their leader captured the old guard quickly fell apart and the Corporation took over their place as rulers. The people who fought for  Coerelia in the war were exonerated and the higher ups given important places in society. Those who fought for the Emperor however were cast below and thrown into slums, exploited for work and for money.

Despite this terrible treatments there was no true uprising against their new masters, the small resistance forces that popped up were quickly crushed and in time people just started to accept their new fate. To secure their dominance they even built a new gleaming city above the ruins of the capital, reminding everyone how they had crushed the old empire.

To keep the low members of society from having no hope however Coerelia created a dueling tournament, those who made it high up enough in the ranks would be given wealth and respectable position in society. Very few people made it up however, it was also open to the ranks of Coerelia and being in their position they had a massive advantage over the poor. Some managed to do it however and this gleaming shimmer of hope kept the masses quiet.

The tournament is growing near once again and the people are getting ready. You are the poor and unprivileged duelists who are trying to gain a position in society and getting ready to join this tournament. Whether you were cast out of the corporation, an ancestor of one of the soldiers or simply someone who is down on their luck is up to you to decide.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck Guide (click to show/hide)

Priority will be given to the current players of Apocalypse and then the wait list, looking for 6 players.

IC Thread

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:48:15 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:10 am »

Name: Sol Aruka
Appearance: Sol has a head of white hair, a bit spiked if he has the time, and a pair of black aviator goggles on his forehead. If the momentum is going his way, he'll pull them over his eyes right before an XYZ summon. He also wears a white jacket with an old, broken down space agency logo on it, as well as a pair of black cargo pants. His dueldisk sits on his left arm, and has a stellar pattern, painted black with white and blue and green spots dotted all over it to reflect the galaxy around him.

Backstory: The grandson of one of the Old Guard who was allowed to live solely to be mocked by others for his cowardice. Growing up dealing with this, as well as his father's fear of other people from the constant abuse and threat, Sol needed an escape. He turned his eyes to the sky and stars, fascinated with them for the freedom they represented. With his interest in the sky, he soon found the SatellarKnight deck, and fell in love with it. Each card is like a friend to him, and he actually has a phrase for each of the XYZ summons he uses. He grew up in the slums, going to the crappiest school there, and when he graduated, he started into the work force immediately. His deck wasn't quite ready for the last tournament, but this time, he's determined to win!
Money: 250!

Deck:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:58:49 am by FelixSparks »

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh - The Torn City OOC
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:38:50 pm »

Claiming this spot for when I have time to transcribe my deck. :)
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:02 pm »

Name: Belle Hooks
Appearance: Young cheerful-looking girl in an only slightly faded pink frilly dress with a heavily-clashing Duel Disk strapped to her arm. Thin, with brown hair to her shoulders and hazel eyes, 4' 4".
Background: Prodigy daughter of a low-class baker. Her family is doing about as well by running their (quite good) bakery as they can without having upper-class positions, or at least upper-class connections - putting them in a position where the tournament is their only option for further upward mobility. She's participating in the tournament on behalf of her parents. Quite happy to help her family, and even happier to play Duel Monsters against some more fearsome opponents, she's ready to aim for the top.

Spoiler: Madolche (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:13:31 am by kingofferrets »
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:46 pm »

Name:
True: Éimhín Calvagh Rowe
Known: Nathan Rían Ardal

Appearance:
Éimhín has a lean build, from both a slight deprivation of food and having the muscles that are 'useful' being densely packed.  He has the silver-green eyes that were common to his family, though his ordinarily reddish-green hair has been dyed to a brown-black from a few old dye bottles he had found and used to decrease visibility, as well as the dirt and grime common to the tunnels he frequently runs through.
He wears a tattered dark brown trenchcoat that he was given as compensation for delivering a package when he was fourteen over a dark blue shirt that has sleeves ending at his mid-forearm of each arm.  In addition, he wears a pair of black jeans in a fairly highly maintained condition, as well as some worn-down shoes and fingerless gloves.

Backstory:
Éimhín was born in one of the impoverished sectors of the city, to, unknown to him, a family that had once been one of the middle class of nobility during the reign of the Emperor, but had started to weaken with the rise of the Coerelia Corporation, with the civil war sealing their fate of being stricken to the lowest levels of society; however, the only link he had that could have told him this information had died when he was young in some strange circumstances.  His formal schooling was very limited, as he had spent most of his time running packages between various locations across the city covertly, utilizing the maintenance tunnels and the subway.  In return, he was paid a sum of money and in pieces of knowledge, or, after delivering a package containing an book that was banned by Coerelia to a professor who had taught him how to read, as well as properly write, old books and manuals, some of which he gave to the Professor when Éimhín decided to go by there.
The areas he frequents are few.  First are the formerly abandoned buildings that house instances of the black market where he is able to find some jobs with some of the vendors and hear about news through the homeless, one of whom, a sixty-seven year old woman, "Sergeant" North, being the person to raised him from the age of three, when his only known parent had passed, and instilled in him many of his world views.  Then there is the Duel Academy he sneaks into in via the tunnels to deliver various books to Professor Ainsworth, the forty-six year old man that taught history at the academy and is one of the few people besides North who Éimhín actually trusts to a degree.  Finally, there are the tunnels that snake underneath the city that Éimhín has memorized over the course of his time spent delivering packages between the Black Market vendors and their clients in more affluent portions of the city.
It is in those tunnels that the first duel he had ever witnessed personally occurred.  It was between two people within one of the subway maintenance tunnels that he uses to move through the city without being seen.  He had hidden and observed the entire duel, and,a t the end of it, the victor dragged some sort of energy out of the body of the one who lost, before destroying the body with an attack from one of their monsters.  After the figure left, Éimhín snatched the duel disk that the loser had had, and ran off in the opposing direction from where the person had headed to take a detour, which caused a slight docking in pay from the recipient he was delivering a package for.
Over time, he slowly built up the deck to its current iteration, which coincidentally followed a similar strategy to his family's traditional.  He entered the tournament in the rare hope that he could gain a better life through either outright victory, or just placing high enough to win one of the cash prizes, it didn't matter too much to him.

Money:
See side deck for cards to get in the future.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:54:46 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

I'l try to recreate the Warrior themed deck I made in WC2010 here.
Can we use Synchro monsters?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:47:09 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 08:40:26 pm »

Question: Would the additional Super/Ultra Rares fro the extra deck be able to include a regular rare?  I can't manage to bring the main deck rares down to 9, and the card only comes in with a 'rare' card rarity.

It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:42:57 pm »

A lower rarity can also be used in the place of a higher rarity.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:19 pm »

Anyone wanna help me test my deck? I wanna make sure it doesn't suck this time.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 09:18:25 pm »

Anyone wanna help me test my deck? I wanna make sure it doesn't suck this time.

I can battle you.  Username is Calagon Long.  Will be setting up the room in TCG Advanced, with the password being bay12.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:22:46 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:22:54 pm »

I think Koff and I might do a match first, but if you get a room up I'll be in as soon as I'm done!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

I think Koff and I might do a match first, but if you get a room up I'll be in as soon as I'm done!

Room's set up.  Just waiting on you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 09:25:48 pm »

I can probably pop online for a bit, too.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »

I'm trying out a SatellerKnight deck, hopefully it goes well!

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 05:41:35 pm »

Your deck seems ok Zan.

The rarity you have for mystical space typhoon is wrong as it is from a structure deck but luckily there is another common rarity for it in there :p.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 05:45:41 pm by Kansa »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12