Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216735 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:29 pm »

I...
*breathes deeply*
Will wait for the situation to develop more before posting anything of note.
Well.

What do you have to say?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »

That this entire situation seems quite volatile. Definitely interested in what the hole Flabort can poke in your gambit are, though. I can think of a few things that would make it a bad idea, but not anything extremely obviously terrible.

Also, his roleclaim is pretty hasty. Not a very good idea, either, and I can't understand why he did it. Do you?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2015, 04:20:39 pm »

The circle is complete.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2015, 04:24:35 pm »

flabort, how did 4mask blow up? I saw some shaky logic in his answer, sure, but not what I would call blowing up. How would poking a hole in his gambit by killing him not have made you look like scum? How does outing yourself do any more to put holes in his gambit than you'd already done by revealing his reporter claim to the scum team?

Tooney, is that all you have to say about the situation?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2015, 04:31:05 pm »

Toaster:

Eh.  I don't agree with your logic, but it's not scummy either.

Fair enough. What would you suggest as an alternative strategy?

Meph: Could we get a votecount, please? I'm planning to come back here for some VCA later on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:04 pm »

The Whiteboard
4maskwolf: Cheeetar, flabort
flabort: 4maskwolf, Deus Asmoth, Persus13, Toaster
mastahcheese: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2015, 05:32:11 pm »

This sort of content is anti-town from both angles, as it distracts from real scumhunting.

Essentially, my thoughts on the whole thing. 4maskwolf clawing for the spotlight, and Flabort finding the least towny way to talk about the whole thing. That said: unvote 4maskwolf. The gambit is more his 'playing style' than this backhanded way Flabort tried to discuss it.

Flabort, why the hell did you claim your role? How could you possibly say that it was an accident to reveal that you were being PMed when the first thing you said after being PMed was 'looks like there's people PMing already hint hint!' and were then completely upfront in answering a question about it?

All: Look out for 4maskwolf possibly also being a doppelganger and this whole thing being some stupid gambit where he buses Flabort or vice versa.

That's just... silly. Sound and fury. Boy I really hope we don't spend all of Day 1 discussing this.

Do you think we should remain in RVS stage?

No. Think of it as a gut reaction to something that detracts from the game. In the outcome that Flabort is town and so is 4maskwolf, we learn absolutely nothing from their deaths. They're still the most likely scum players, but they're making it so easy to lynch them that if it's a mislynch it will be a lot murkier to sift back through.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2015, 05:52:09 pm »

TDS
A personal shield to avoid dying.
Reasonable enough for most of the alien wincons. What do you think of the recent Flabort/4mask exchange?

Flabort acted scummy in telling everyone about the gambit.

You never said you didn't want me to talk about it, you even included a line labeled "For quoting purposes". The other two participants can back me up on that if they want.
You also said it would only work to the end of night 1, but you never said that mentioning the PMs would reveal anything; you mentioned something else that would reveal if one of the participants were scum.

Notice I only said that there was a gambit going on. I never said the other two participant's names, I never said what your gambit was, or who said "OK, now you're acting weird".

Since you decided to neglect those details and form such a foggy plan (If A then one of XYZ are scum, if B than I don't know), it's clear you didn't expect it to succeed in the first place, and expected someone to spit a frog out of their mouth. You then pounced immediately on said person, devouring them for their 'mistake'.

The plan might have uncertainties, but it's certainly a method for finding scum. Why don't you want 4maskwolf finding scum?

I've read up through page 10; I'll have other responses and questions later.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2015, 05:54:17 pm »

UXLZ, which player is the biggest risk to you?

The player who singles me out in the first post of the game.
In all honesty though, I'd say it depends on what kind of 'risk' we're talking about. 'Risk' for my life? The guys who can night-kill. 'Risk' for my identity? The guys who can investigate. I don't think I'm at risk from a particular person at this point, at least, if I am then I don't know I am. Scary, huh?

This suggests that you are not town. Why are you so worried that someone will see your role?

EBWOP; I forgot this.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2015, 05:58:31 pm »

UXLZ, which player is the biggest risk to you?

The player who singles me out in the first post of the game.
In all honesty though, I'd say it depends on what kind of 'risk' we're talking about. 'Risk' for my life? The guys who can night-kill. 'Risk' for my identity? The guys who can investigate. I don't think I'm at risk from a particular person at this point, at least, if I am then I don't know I am. Scary, huh?

This suggests that you are not town. Why are you so worried that someone will see your role?

EBWOP; I forgot this.

Town aren't the only side that can identify people. Also, do note the apostrophes. As I said, it depends on what kind of 'risk' one is discussing.
The circle is complete.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2015, 06:18:57 pm »

Flabort acted scummy in telling everyone about the gambit.

<snip>
Since you decided to neglect those details and form such a foggy plan (If A then one of XYZ are scum, if B than I don't know), it's clear you didn't expect it to succeed in the first place, and expected someone to spit a frog out of their mouth. You then pounced immediately on said person, devouring them for their 'mistake'.

The plan might have uncertainties, but it's certainly a method for finding scum. Why don't you want 4maskwolf finding scum?

This is truly lame as far as reasons to vote for Flabort go, TheDarkStar. You don't think somebody roleclaiming to you in a private PM for absolutely no reason is something that's worth mentioning?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2015, 06:49:43 pm »

Meph: What happens if there are only two players left in the game, and they're both night-kill capable?

(Like a Doppel and a vigilante for instance)

Of course assuming they have no protection from each other.

Is it a draw?
The circle is complete.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2015, 07:09:14 pm »

No, there is an order for who wins. I'd have to check my notes for that specific case, but generally speaking I don't allow the game to end in a draw.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2015, 07:43:12 pm »

Cheeetar, if you don't like my playstyle don't play with me, stop bitching about it.

TheDarkStar nice try.  That was the lamest excuse in the history of lame for voting someone (except for my excuse for voting Scripten in the last normal-style BM, that was pretty lame too).  You just say "flabort acted scummy" without explaining WHY.  Your question is absurdly vague and comments generally on the plan I had without actually really analyzing it, and you basically give absolutely no reason to anything you say in that post.  Put simply, you're bandwagoning, and likely trying to bus your scumbuddy.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106