Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216799 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

That's just... silly. Sound and fury. Boy I really hope we don't spend all of Day 1 discussing this.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:40 am »

That's just... silly. Sound and fury. Boy I really hope we don't spend all of Day 1 discussing this.
*shrugs*
I play the long shots.

And despite this, I notice you're still voting for me.  Care to explain why?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2015, 10:37:57 am »

Mastahcheese:

Scripten, Tiruin, Toastaaaar: Arrr, ye be thinkin' somebody be up to no good, but the cop, who now lay at the bottom o' Davy Jone's Locker, had been sayin' that very same somebody be innocent, 'fore he died.
How does this influence yer views?

Especially depending on my target's experience, it's wholly possible that the cop might have inspected them when they were made to show up as town. As with most circumstances, this is really reliant on my reads on the playstyles of the scummy player and the cop. If the cop is an experienced player and the circumstances point to the target being scummy by way of their playstyle (For example, if they are a newer player or prone to acting scummily in general) then I'm more likely to trust the cop. On the other hand, if the cop is inexperienced, evidence points to the target of his inspect being concealed, or other evidence suggests that the scumminess is more heavily weighted than the innocent result, then I'll be more likely to vote for the player.

NQT:

Scripten, which player do you think is most dangerous as an enemy?

I'm not sure. Probably those players whom I've never seen play scum or have never played with before at all. I hear that a good portion of the playerbase here is skilled, but I don't have enough experience to say who's most dangerous for sure. As far as those players I have played with, probably Jim, Toaster, and Tiruin are the hardest for me to read, mostly due to lack of interaction with them.

Shakerag:

Scripten:  How helpful do you expect your teammates to be this game?

I don't know yet. Ask me later when I've figured out who at least a few of them are.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2015, 10:39:15 am »

Quote from: Shakerag
UXLZ:  Okay.  So, how well do you like your teammates?

Currently in the process of figuring out just who those team mates actually are. Assuming I don't die before then, I think I'd like to be on the same side as just about anyone here, though. You all seem to be excellent players.

What's the 'okay' there for, out of curiosity?

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2015, 10:43:47 am »

Also, were you referring to my gambit or my reads on flabort?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:50 am »

Cheeetar:

Do you think we should remain in RVS stage?

re: 4maskwolf, flabort, etc:

I don't think I've seen any reactions from Deus Asmoth or Mastahcheese about this. I'd like to hear what they were thinking when the PMs started flying and what they think right now before making any judgement calls on the gambit. I do think that there's more to this interaction than is being revealed to us.

Flabort: Do you believe that being accessory to a PM-based gambit makes a player more likely to be lynched or night killed? (Assuming they are town, of course.)

Deus Asmoth, Mastahcheese: What were your thoughts when 4maskwolf first PM'd you? How about now that Flabort has outed the gambit and 4maskwolf has talked about it in-thread?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2015, 10:49:53 am »

Also, were you referring to my gambit or my reads on flabort?
I think its in the level of detail you're giving flabort and in general, how you regard your gambit. I'm neutral to this as I've gained insight regarding your persona and playstyle, so I warn ahead of...overanalysis and jumping to conclusions ahead of time.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2015, 10:51:58 am »

The Whiteboard
4maskwolf: Cheeetar, flabort
flabort: 4maskwolf
mastahcheese: ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2015, 10:55:50 am »

Personally I think the gambit was ill-fated from the start. Too many holes leading to too many false conclusions.

I'm still loathe to believe that this is the entire story. Wolfy definitely doesn't seem like someone who'd let a plot fail this easily. Then again, I've never played a game with her before.

Also, where you name the people you sent it to for 'quoting purposes', was that for after your presumed death or some other time? When was it for?
The circle is complete.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2015, 10:56:40 am »

Him, UXLZ, him.

And that was for if I died N1.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2015, 10:58:40 am »

oh, and re: not letting plots fail so easily, you all have no idea how deep the rabbithole goes (I think that's the saying).

But that's all there was to the pm's, yeah, other than a little bit of them asking me questions about specifics and stuff that really should have been obvious (from my point of view).

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2015, 10:59:27 am »

For some reason I was convinced you were female... Odd.
My apologies.

And that was for if I died N1.

Understood.
The circle is complete.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2015, 11:53:43 am »

Deus Asmoth, Mastahcheese: What were your thoughts when 4maskwolf first PM'd you? How about now that Flabort has outed the gambit and 4maskwolf has talked about it in-thread?
My first impression was suspicion. From my point of view, it looked like one of the scum trying to get any protective roles the town might have to out themselves by claiming an investigative role. Since he alter said that he didn't want to be protected, I was more inclined to believe he was on our side, and I would have preferred to see where he was going with it than put it all in the open. At least if Mask didn't have anything to share on day two, we'd have been certain he was scum, rather than possibly spending day 1 lynching a reporter.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »

I was more inclined to believe he was on our side, and I would have preferred to see where he was going with it than put it all in the open. At least if Mask didn't have anything to share on day two, we'd have been certain he was scum, rather than possibly spending day 1 lynching a reporter.

What is your opinion on Flabort's actions in-thread? His motivations/justifications?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »

Pfp
last post got eaten

Was going to add that Deus was the one who said it looked like scum hunting for PRs, and cheese who said wolf was acting weird.

I doubt you ever untended for scum to be caught by that; I accuse you of trying to get us to kill each other when you inevitably get bussed or bus your own team.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 106