Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216801 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - SIGNUPS CLOSED 16/16
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2015, 12:15:29 am »

Sorry, folks, work got absolutely crazy today. I'll have to get the pms finished up tomorrow.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2015, 12:19:05 am »

Sorry, folks, work got absolutely crazy today. I'll have to get the pms finished up tomorrow.
Take your time, sir. Life is crazy.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2015, 09:01:35 pm »

A light covering of snow blankets the valley in pristine white. The sun sparkles off of the frozen lake and streams in through frost coated glass to light the pleasant little cottages that dot the lakeside.

In a few of those cottages, the dark stains have ruined the carpet and blood splatters the walls.

Not far away, in a shed near the docks sit four strange pods. Empty and glistening with an unnatural looking green goo.

And in the main lodge gather the few people who visit the valley in the dead of winter. Those who are left, at least. “Doppelgangers!” come the shouts. They have read the headlines, seen the writings of those who have suffered such horrors before.

They know what to do.

They must root out this evil and destroy it, before it destroys them from within.

Game has Begun! Day 1 will go until ~5pm Pacific Friday

Note that unless your PM says otherwise, you are Human and Town.

As always, if you have any questions about your role feel free to PM me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:41 pm »

UXLZ, which player is the biggest risk to you?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »

As so it begins

Cheeetar, ToooonyMan, Jim Grooooovester: Which is more scummy, someone who flops votes around every 2 posts, or someone who sticks it on one person and refuses to move it?
notquitethere: I realized how much I miss your notes in game where you aren't there. How much of a difference does it make when you try to factor in all the possible power roles, and particularly the possibility of a second scum team (via aliens)?
4maskwolf, flabort, Deathsword: Let's say that someone claimed themselves as the War Vet. They offer to turn off their power to allow themself to be investigated. Night comes, and the cop dies. What happened?
Deus Asmoth, Shakerag: Someone appears to be very town-oriented, and suddenly they start making slips that they weren't before. Which is more likely, that your initial guess on them was wrong, or that they've been converted?
TheDarkStar, Persus13, UXLZ: People start getting abducted. Is it better to switch your focus over to trying to find the alien, or do you continue trying to find dopplegangers? Why?
Scripten, Tiruin, Toastaaaar: Arrr, ye be thinkin' somebody be up to no good, but the cop, who now lay at the bottom o' Davy Jone's Locker, had been sayin' that very same somebody be innocent, 'fore he died.
How does this influence yer views?
The Derail Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2015, 09:29:53 pm »

Alright, time to enter into the day I hate to play and love to look back to for evidence.

Cheeetar why'd you only start the game with one question?

mastahcheese What are your opinions on the setup?

Oh, and to answer your question, it depends on the flavor.  If it was war vet flavor, the war vet may have just tried to gambit, if it wasn't, than the war vet was good to their word.  It would have to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis.

I'll probably ask more questions later, gotta do something first.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:03 pm »

mastahcheese What are your opinions on the setup?
I love the concept. I really like the idea of having multiple, opposing antagonistic groups.
Granted, there's a chance that there aren't any (At least I think the OP said that) but I like the idea.
You?
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »

Cheeetar, ToooonyMan, Jim Grooooovester: Which is more scummy, someone who flops votes around every 2 posts, or someone who sticks it on one person and refuses to move it?

Depends on the context- I'd generally say tunneling is less scummy than somebody who is always changing their minds, but focusing on multiple people is a town tell if done over time (aka: not constantly). Why are your questions thrown to multiple people?

Cheeetar why'd you only start the game with one question?

It's easier for me to get a good response out of a good, focused question in RVS. Why did you only propose questions to those who had already posted?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2015, 09:37:23 pm »

By thrown to multiple people, I mean: Why ask multiple people the same question.
I've played some mafia.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2015, 09:42:22 pm »

By thrown to multiple people, I mean: Why ask multiple people the same question.
Some people prefer getting individual questions. I like group questions because then it's more prone to spark conversations amongst them, although many people view this as "lazy".

This is my compromise.
Would you suggest something else?
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:55 pm »

No, it seems more than reasonable to tailor your questions to your own preferences, rather than those of the people you question.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2015, 09:49:59 pm »

Toaster, in a game with so many players, how can we hope to have a fruitful first lynch?
Shakerag, do you think random voting is necessary?
Persus13, how suspicious do you find role-fishing?
Wolf, on scale from 1-Xanatos, how gambitty do you intend to be this game?
Jim Groovester, why did the doppelgangers historically lose so much in prior games?
Deathsword, what's the second-most thing you find suspicious on Day 1?
Deus Asmoth, will you vote by the end of the day?
UXLZ, which kind of Spore Spreader is most dangerous?
Scripten, which player do you think is most dangerous as an enemy?
Tiruin, which role is the biggest threat?
Flabort, how aggressive do you see yourself playing?
TheDarkStar, what's the must-have alien item?
ToonyMan, what's the biggest mistake you ever made in a Paranormal game?
Cheetar, who would you pick as your scum-buddies and why?
mastahcheese
notquitethere: I realized how much I miss your notes in game where you aren't there. How much of a difference does it make when you try to factor in all the possible power roles, and particularly the possibility of a second scum team
I'll keep track of possibilities as usual, though as you intimate there'll be an unwieldy number of factors. The night kill descriptions will help draw out salient possibilities, and lies and misdirection will be easier to spot if I'm paying attention myself. Will you be keeping notes?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2015, 09:54:07 pm »

Cheetar, who would you pick as your scum-buddies and why?

The players who I remember as being the strongest mafia players. You and Jim Groovester, probably.
I've played some mafia.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2015, 09:55:10 pm »

notquitethere: I realized how much I miss your notes in game where you aren't there. How much of a difference does it make when you try to factor in all the possible power roles, and particularly the possibility of a second scum team
I'll keep track of possibilities as usual, though as you intimate there'll be an unwieldy number of factors. The night kill descriptions will help draw out salient possibilities, and lies and misdirection will be easier to spot if I'm paying attention myself. Will you be keeping notes?
I've tried to keep notes before, but it honestly just feels like more work than I feel like doing.

No, it seems more than reasonable to tailor your questions to your own preferences, rather than those of the people you question.
*mastahcheese nods*
How do you feel when people get angsty about you only asking a single person?
The Derail Thread

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2015, 09:58:18 pm »

*mastahcheese nods*
How do you feel when people get angsty about you only asking a single person?

Hah. 4maskwolf wasn't angsty about it, and it's valid to question everything during RVS, if only to get a response.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 106