Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dwarven trader wagon crazy driving  (Read 1846 times)

shifty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dwarven trader wagon crazy driving
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:16:36 pm »

I was attacked while the dwarven caravan was at my trade depot, which is inside my fort. I had to close the front gate for a while to drown the attackers, and then it took another little while to drain the water out, so of course the caravan was wanting to leave before it was all clear for the wagons.

There is a clear straight line from my depot, up a 3-wide ramp and out the main 3-wide gate for wagons. However, when I opened the gate, one wagon for some reason had a crazy driver, veared to the south, seemed to get confused and crashed into a wall in my fort, never to move again. I even cleared out the surrounding walls as best as I could to see if he'd move. He still hasn't budged.

Picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to get him to leave. A bunch of food that he is carrying is spoiling, and my FPS has dropped super low since he's been stuck (may or may not be related).

I don't have easy access to magma (relatively new fort) or else I would have incinerated the pests long ago...

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven trader wagon crazy driving
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:21:35 pm »

Kill him.

I'll be honest, right now I don't care how long my forts go for.  I'm a relatively new player, so each time my fort dies I just learn from my mistakes.  Like don't let your dwarfs go sober, or that shoving all dwarfs down into a cave is just plain message spam.  Currently my fort isn't the best of forts so I'm just going to war with every civilization to learn a bit from the !!FUN!! that occurs.
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:36:14 pm »

Channel the floor beneath him or drop a floor on him. Wagons scuttle easy so dropping him a level should be an easy way to guarantee less wagon
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

shifty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:19 pm »

I can't cave-in on him because the level above is the main entrance, and it's delicately set up for defense.

I did try to channel out underneath the wagon. The wagon is floating now with no part of it touching solid ground. I guess my civ has invented anti-gravity wagons.

I'd rather not try to straight-up kill them, as there are still several guards hanging around that are guaranteed to be stronger than my copper-clad noob millitary, but it might resort to that. I'd be able to overwhelm them but risk suffering casualties.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »

Don't worry, just ignore them there, the ones that can will leave and if a merchant goes insane the guards kill them.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:26:43 pm »

DO NOT ATTACK THEM!

They are members of your civ. Attacking them makes the dwarf who attacked them an enemy of your civ. Permanantly. And anyone who attacks THEM becomes an enemy of your fort. Both enemies of your fort and your civ will attack your normal dwarves and be attacked by them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

shifty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:31:28 pm »

Good to know. I guess I'll just let them hover there until something happens or I think of another plan.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 07:05:34 pm »

This kind of thing is what siege engines are for. Set up catapult. Fire catapult non-stop.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:47 am »

Remove them walls ?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 02:51:04 am »

Make 3 dwarves ride minecart to them.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

shifty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 10:03:45 am »

Mmm... siege engine sounds good.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 10:39:03 am »

no, press d-b-d and select the whole wagon. (make sure you have a garbage dump nearby) then select the whole wagon area. Your dwarves should now take EVERYTHING off the traders, Even their clothes. then deal with your new supplies. Eventually, the traders should go insane and start atacking people. When they do, kill them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 10:46:03 am »

Would dfhack slayrace him work on a wagon and trader?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54:17 am »

I am not sure if it would work for the wagon, but it should work for the traders and animals. (I am pretty sure that if the pulling animals die, the wagon will scuttle.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 11:33:26 am »

That trader must have not read their Dwarven Rules of the Road handbook very thoroughly. S/he should know a Dwarf should ALWAYS drink before driving.
Pages: [1] 2