Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Sol Trader - Kickstarted!  (Read 19215 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Sol Trader - Kickstarted!
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »

I'm on Windows. Says 2eec837.

Space travel is very strange. It seems to randomly switch between an arcade style of flight and newtonian style, with a huge variance in how much thrust your engines are going to produce. Traveling long distance is ok since you just accelerate to the arbitrary max speed of your engines and float until you're there, but trying to do any kind of precision flying like asteroid mining and going onto gates (and I imagine fighting) is nigh impossible - you just kind of bounce around. And whether or not turning your ship changes your trajectory seems entirely random.

Guess it's what I get for buying a game on release day ;) I'll hold off playing till you get it fixed.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
  • Developer of Sol Trader and Ealdorlight
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2016, 04:35:07 pm »

Yep that's the right build so nothing strange there.

I'm taking a look at all of these over the next few hours and will have fixes tomorrow hopefully. So sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:54:32 pm by chrismdp »
Sol Trader is available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/396680

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2016, 07:54:57 am »

Hey you,

Just saw your KS email. It seems you're beating yourself up a lot about the game not being perfect on launch, so I guess I just wanted to say this: you've got a kickass game on your hands. You made it, you worked on it through hard times, you persevered, and now it's out! This isn't the time where things go wrong, this is the time when people start enjoying your game for real, and when you get the opportunity to make it even better! People aren't angry, they're just wanting to make sure the gem gets polished even further :)

You're doing a great job, and you've got nothing to apologise for. We're just thankful you've gotten such an interesting concept to fruition!

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2016, 09:31:43 am »

Thanks Anvilfolk :) I guess I'm just worried about those negative reviews - probably shouldn't, but it's a tough market out there...  :-\

Paul - most of the bugs you reported have been fixed - do try the game again and let me know what you think!

Chris

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2016, 09:37:03 am »

eh they do have a point about dialog being largely meaningless and having to exhaust stars at bars to get liked being just repetitive clicking

it'd be nice if that was a less essential part of the game - in fact, if I need a good dentist I don't stalk them for days getting liked, but I ask a friend to refer me to some dentist friend they know. leveraging relationship is fine, but existing network should matter way more, to allow shortcuts.

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2016, 09:43:00 am »

Yeah, that's a fair criticism of the dialogue. It's supposed to encourage role-playing and telling your own story, but perhaps it should be more about introductions. There's currently no mechanic to allow a proper introduction from one person to another, I'm mulling on how to include it without compromising the balance of the other gameplay too much. Will have a further think.

Thanks for the feedback LoSboccacc :)

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. I started a character on the moon and was looking for the frontier space embassy, I can't find it.

I managed to find all the other embassies but without finding the frontier one I can't leave old federation space.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:09 am »

You shouldn't need a visa to travel from federation space into frontier space - only to get back in...

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2016, 12:52:51 am »

Ok thats cool thanks.  Is that specific to those two systems only or does frontier space not require a visa?

"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2016, 12:53:25 am »

No - frontier space doesn't require visas.

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:20 am »

Hi all

Just to say that version 1.1 with improved conversations and a map is coming out in mid-August: here's the steam announcement:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/soltrader/announcements/detail/972033805214129228

And a preview video:

https://youtu.be/RPb1u7MUm9k

Thanks
Chris

frightlever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2016, 03:45:31 am »

Did you ever introduce a way to communicate with previous contacts? I gave up playing after a few hours (too many hours, frankly, because it was frustrating as hell), because while I have no problem with having to hunt for people I haven't met, reporting back for missions became equally frustrating when I had to find the original mission giver, but they'd gone awanderin'. I take it Facebook didn't survive the expansion into space. So that's some small comfort.

So I watched the video and the little hearts thing looked adorable, but I'm not sure I understood what was going on. Guess I'll just have to try it when the patch is released mid-August, probably around the time No Man's Sky comes out, so yeah, I'll probably be checking out the patch around October. I like how you've doubled down on the scrolling, because there wasn't enough scrolling in the game already.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:15:17 am by frightlever »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2016, 04:12:38 am »

Spacebook, anyone?
Love, scriver~

chrismdp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sol Trader
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2016, 04:19:43 am »

Yes: the current version no longer makes you go back to the person that you took a mission from to complete it - they complete automatically.

The new version due mid-August will also make it much easier to find people through your network of contacts, through getting access to people's full friend and business contacts list. You will also be able to ask someone if they have a mutual friend of someone you're looking for.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:48 am »

can you share a phone number when you meet them?

it may even be restricted to same planet, and have some hour restriction (like, guy won't answer from x to y and will be pissed if called from z to k unless emergency)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10