Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: unending galaxy  (Read 36058 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unending galaxy
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2015, 06:34:38 am »

hasant been any updates on this one for a while, development on the website is slowly grinding along wondering if its neared completion ?

EsKa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:33 am »

Hi,

It has been a couple of very busy months between my recovery from the hospital and the paperwork required to make my business more official. As such, the publishing rate decreased a bit. But, don't worry, a devlog should be out by Sunday.

Also, most of what I am doing at the moment isn't exactly riveting stuff to read or write about. There's a lot of user interface improvements, tons of "ease of use" changes, many bug-fixes, code optimization, but no major new feature like the colony stuff.

1.1 release is still planned for the end of October.

Cheers,
EsKa

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2015, 05:47:40 pm »

Good to know man, and welcome back. :)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

EsKa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »

Thanks, and because you asked for it, here's the devlog  :)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2016, 11:23:34 pm »

Game just had its Steam debut. People who already bought it will get Steam keys. New version is pretty great, lots of nice UI improvements. Better faction AI too. Here's a link to the change log:

http://www.anarkisgaming.com/2016/02/unending-galaxy-1-2-released/#more-2470
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2016, 02:02:32 am »

Bought on steam. Smooth animations in the update sold me.
I got nothing

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2016, 01:24:05 am »

Been having lots of fun with it. Not sure how long it will take to take over a 1300+ sector map, but with a lot of chaotic strategy and tactics I'm advancing quite well.  8)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2016, 05:19:33 pm »

I managed to take over the Swarm Hiveworld map using the neutral trader start and allying with the Humans early on so I could focus on other targets one at a time. Did some pretty erratic conquering, I flew around with a big fleet in my personal control and left my empire to be defended by the AI patrols. I piloted a construction ship to keep it safe while ordering my fleet to wipe out capital sectors, built my own shipyard and military base there with my fleet on defense, then left it to the AI to defend. By sweeping through and taking all the capitals I was able to conquer a faction much quicker than trying to slowly wear them down, as I stopped their ship production right off and just had to mop the rest of their fleets and bases up.

My first attempt at jumping into a capital sector ended badly though; when I didn't bring enough ships and got overwhelmed by forces coming through the gate while constructing a shipyard. I had to bring my entire supply value in battleships and carriers.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2016, 05:30:28 pm »

PTW
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2016, 03:44:40 am »

So, this thing has had two recent patches and is currently on sale for under $10...

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2016, 12:37:36 am »

How does this compare to similar games?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2016, 03:23:23 am »

Similar in what way?

Similar to other 2D EV-likes? You can build industry and effect large scale economics and wage war.

Similar to the X series? It's in 2D.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2016, 05:56:49 pm »

How does this compare to similar games?

Well, it plays kind of like a 2D sandbox mode X3 but with an economy that doesn't spawn ships and resources out of nowhere and the ability to actually affect the world (destroy stations, conquer territory, eliminate factions, etc.). The creator is an X series modder, so it definitely bears a resemblance to the X series.

Somewhat similar to Distant worlds in that your empire can be automated with the same AI that the other empires use and you can pick what to leave on autopilot (including everything if you just want to watch).

Somewhat similar to Distant Sky in that you can fly as an individual ship and get more ships, but ship to ship combat isn't as complex since it's not just an RPG.

Try the free version first if you want to make sure it's going to be something you're interested in. It's a fun game and still in active post-release development.

EsKa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2016, 08:25:40 pm »

Hi guys, sorry i've not been more active but it has been a very busy couple of weeks for me IRL. I moved to a new flat, and of course i had to move my furniture, get a new internet connection and so on and so forth. I still have to clean up the old flat too.

Anyway, I just released the beta version of Unending Galaxy 1.2.5. It allows you to play any faction, it fixes crashes that would happen in long games on large maps, it also include a bunch of new ships types, improve the UI and AI all across the board :)

For more information about the last update you should check the official topic here.

ps: oh wait you can buy the game for too much money on steam at $11.99 or you can buy it at itch.io for $9.99 and still get a steam key (please use itch.io) :)

Cheers,
EsKa.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 08:29:54 pm by EsKa »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2016, 11:09:39 pm »

Did this game die?
I got nothing