Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven Science question  (Read 1080 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven Science question
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:33:39 pm »

I don't think anyone has done this yet, so what would happen if a pregnant female dwarf was stricken by a mood, and while doing the mood gave birth, and then cancelled the mood because she was seeking her infant?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Science question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 01:30:13 pm »

I don't think she will cancel the mood, I'm guessing she will just let the little bugger wander around until she's done.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:38:18 pm »

Yep. Seen it in .34.11. Baby born during a mood, mum doesn't care and keeps working. The baby just crawled around until the mother was finished.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:36:49 pm »

Yep. Seen it in .34.11. Baby born during a mood, mum doesn't care and keeps working. The baby just crawled around until the mother was finished.
Confirmed in 40.24, first girl (after 4 boys) borned in my fortress has jumped out when mommy was hauling things for mood... shortly after game crashed so no save. :/ She didnt get mood second time.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.