Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Temples!  (Read 16202 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temples!
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2015, 07:49:43 pm »

I ought to get a temple of grateful gods, considering I spend all my time cleaning up their messes.

"Wow, let's see, five werebeasts killed, two vampires down... Dang, Osnusm, they're wiping out your curse recipients left and right!  Send them a card or something!"
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 07:43:05 am »

I know I will build fitting temples to gods in the next version.

Fire god temples (different from volcano god temples) and victory god temples will be a bit hard, though. How do you actually make a temple dedicated to the concept of victory in Dwarf Fortress, of all games ? I can skewer goblins on pikes but this looks more like a war god temple than a victory god temple.

As has been said, melted down goblinite or trophies. And any statue of dwarves striking down invaders. Maybe some caged enemies walled up in cells along the walls?
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:05 am »

I honestly think a victory temple should be simply an old fortress. After all, you have vanquished many goblins and the fortress has not fallen...

The goblins have reached the temple of victory.  Who's turn is it to pull the lever that floods it with magma?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:53 pm »

I have the best idea for the temple of victory:
A graveyard wherein only those dwarves who have died of old age are buried.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2015, 04:35:38 pm »

I have the best idea for the temple of victory:
A graveyard wherein only those dwarves who have died of old age are buried.

"And on the right is our temple to the Goddess Hel, Lady of the Underworld..."
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2015, 04:54:35 pm »

A Booze Stockpile would make the perfect dwarven victory temple.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:26 pm »

How do you actually make a temple dedicated to the concept of victory in Dwarf Fortress, of all games ?
Conquer the HFS and turn the whole thing into a gigantic temple.
Bonus points if you can create some sort of automated clown sacrificing machine.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]