Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62037 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #675 on: February 17, 2015, 05:03:05 pm »

Well that went well for me :).
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 17, 2015, 05:56:08 pm »

Does a priest have authority over a stormie? I don't know much about them.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 17, 2015, 06:04:30 pm »

Depends on the respective ranks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 17, 2015, 06:23:35 pm »

In terms of direct military authority? No. They stripped the Ministorum of military forces for a reason.
In terms of influence over them? Potentially, to various degrees, especially given Imperial society is highly religious, Stormtroopers likely more so than most.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 17, 2015, 06:26:09 pm »

Cool, just wasn't sure if I could get away with whacking him for being creepy or not. Last thing we need is him creeping out the psyker, she's dangerous enough already.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:56 pm »

Well, that would be metagaming, so... no.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »

How so? IC I would know if he out ranked me or not.

I ain't gonna whack him unless I actually catch him at it.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »

How so?
In that you weren't there to see it.

((Yeah I figured that Emil really wouldn't be paying attention when she was introduced so he might not know that she is a psyker and therefore capable of melting his brain out through his ears.))
Probably a good time to point out that sanctioned psykers tend to be quite... obvious.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 17, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »

It helps that Amalia managed to make it through with her sanity (almost) intact.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 17, 2015, 09:33:45 pm »

I'm only gonna whack him if I see it, or she tells me.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 17, 2015, 09:53:26 pm »

It helps that Amalia managed to make it through with her sanity (almost) intact.
So she got taken on the Black Ship from Barrablanca to Terra, went through the required assessing, training and sanctioning, came by Imperial ship all the way back to Barrablanca- and managed this by the age of 16 with (relatively speaking) no physical or mental ill effects?
Ok then.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »

Yeah, I'm gonna try and keep Emil from figuring out that she's a psyker for as long as I can. Kinda interested as to how long I can keep it going.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:54 pm »

So she got taken on the Black Ship from Barrablanca to Terra, went through the required assessing, training and sanctioning, came by Imperial ship all the way back to Barrablanca- and managed this by the age of 16 with (relatively speaking) no physical or mental ill effects?
Ok then.
Aw, I missed the relatively speaking, I prepared an image and everything.

But, basically, yeah. Not every psyker is a violently raving wreck.

(Well, let me phrase it this way: Amets got taken completely from the planet, moved onto a world of strange marvels and technologies and went through the required assessing, training and sanctioning, had parts of him replaced with metal- and managed this from a tech-fearing planet with (relatively speaking) no mental or social ill effects? Okay then.

It's not the best comparison, but not every character from one of the odder sections of the Imperium is as totally deranged as the average depiction.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:09:37 pm by Powder Miner »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 17, 2015, 10:29:18 pm »

But, basically, yeah. Not every psyker is a violently raving wreck.
I'm less thinking "violently raving wreck" and more "evidently a psyker to everyone around them." Even if only in the fact that they are reverse-Pariahs.

(Well, let me phrase it this way: Amets got taken completely from the planet,
Nope. Training was done on-world (or in orbit/another world in the system, maybe; wherever the local Imperial presence is concentrated). This isn't a petty distinction; the galaxy is a really fucking big place, and Warp travel, while much much FTL, is still very far from instantaneous; the trip on the Black Ship is likely to have taken years each way, especially considering that Barrablanca is probably not in the Segmentum Solar.

moved onto a world of strange marvels and technologies
Metaphorically, yes, but literally only the last bit.

and went through the required assessing, training
Yep.

and sanctioning,
Nope.

had parts of him replaced with metal- and managed this from a tech-fearing planet
Yep.

with (relatively speaking) no mental or social ill effects? Okay then.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc.

It's not the best comparison, but not every character from one of the odder sections of the Imperium is as totally deranged as the average depiction.)
It's less "not as totally deranged as the average depiction" and more "won three lotteries within a year of one another." Not technically impossible, mind, but, well.

Edit: Actually, make that four lotteries: Getting a desired result from Imperial Bureaucracy within a short period of time? Mother of God(Emperor of Man).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:38:36 pm by Harbingerjm »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 17, 2015, 10:39:10 pm »

When it comes to that very last point I beg to differ-- I've seen multiple psyker characters who are in fact relatively sane, it's not a one in a trillion chance.

Plus, because it must be said: sanity (almost) intact ≠ sanity intact.

It's not that uncommon for a psyker to be mostly sane and more complex then just a gibbering wreck. That would be pretty boring to play, and I'd be playing a character not only 60 insanity points above their actual value, but it'd be one-dimensional and trite. Amalia has her issues, but they're not at the surface, usually.

And in the end, it's not really worth getting into an argument over.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:40:42 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67