Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61925 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #600 on: February 11, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »

Avis what modifiers do I need to request a medical team?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 11, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »

We don't have commbeads - you'll have to run the hell to the place, scream that we need immediate medicae assistance, and run back in. The medics can't be like 'no, we won't, it's our break'.

Um. At least, I hope so.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 11, 2015, 02:18:58 pm »

I'm not part of the regement and not an officer they don't have to listen to me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 11, 2015, 08:51:42 pm »

a) Is this lock digital or just a padlock? If the former, does it have any access points Amets can use?

b)
I'm not part of the regement and not an officer they don't have to listen to me.
No, but you are relaying an order from an officer, one who has the authority to shoot them for failure to comply. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 11, 2015, 09:02:19 pm »

Maybe. Still probably gonna need a roll though.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 12, 2015, 06:16:10 am »

a) Is this lock digital or just a padlock? If the former, does it have any access points Amets can use?

It's a padlock. Also stop worrying, Pat. Medics have sort of an obligation to aid those who request their aid.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 12, 2015, 06:23:56 am »

How loud was this attack? Because Diego is right behind us.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 12, 2015, 06:38:59 am »

How loud was this attack? Because Diego is right behind us.
Not very. He attacked Diego when the rest of you had already entered the container - you can do something like a +10 Awareness roll, I think.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:41 am »

The lack of details can really kill a man. I imagined the lock was more than just a padlock and that the struggle was easier to notice since they were very close to us.

@Harbingerjm: Editing my post.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 12, 2015, 10:07:54 am »

The lack of details can really kill a man. I imagined the lock was more than just a padlock and that the struggle was easier to notice since they were very close to us.

Sorry about that. I'm trying to find an adequate balance between "you enter a room, it looks like a room" and "your oatmeal is of a lumpy texture, it contains 0.94 flies and was made by the regumental cook 3 hours 32 minutes 9 seconds ago, if you squint a little, the patterns in the oatmeal look sorta like a horse with Down's". With varying degrees of success.

E: I mentioned the padlock before, though, in one of Bartolomeu's updates.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:09:34 am by Avis-Mergulus »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 12, 2015, 10:18:58 am »

It might have been the time gap playing a trick on me, then. In any case the post is edited and corrected.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:15 am »

Awww.

I'm not really sure what to do now; it depends on how Diego's reaction and Emil's attempt to charge go, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 11:15:09 am by Harbingerjm »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 12, 2015, 06:40:09 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

You give the man a brisk jab with your chainsword, opening up a huge gash in his side. He falls to the floor, momentarily stunned. The amount of blood spilling out of him is rather alarming.
Hmmm. First, you don't need a seperate roll for hit location:
On a successful hit, the attacker needs to determine where the hit landed. Using the percentile dice result from the attacker’s Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill Test, reverse the order of the digits (e.g. a roll of 32 becomes 23, a roll of 20 becomes 02, and so on) and compare this number to Table 8–3: Hit Locations.

Second, with 38 WS, +10 from Ganging Up, I'm not sure about whether he counts as Surprised (+30) so I'll count it out, presumably a Charge attack so +20, and I'm not sure if he counts as Prone (+10) or not given he's being held up so I'll count it out, so the target was probably 68. Rolling a 4 means 7 degrees of success, so damage is 1d10+2+3, with the 1d10 rolled twice dropping the lowest roll, and a minimum of 7 (since you can sub the DoS in for damage rolled). Amusingly, the Best Craftsmanship Sword would have been 1d10+1+3 minimum 8, since Best Craftsmanship gives a +10 to WS tests using it.
As such, you're looking at at least 12 damage.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 12, 2015, 06:41:41 pm »

Minus toughness and armour. If he's wearing armour.
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 12, 2015, 06:42:25 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

You give the man a brisk jab with your chainsword, opening up a huge gash in his side. He falls to the floor, momentarily stunned. The amount of blood spilling out of him is rather alarming.
Hmmm. First, you don't need a seperate roll for hit location:
On a successful hit, the attacker needs to determine where the hit landed. Using the percentile dice result from the attacker’s Weapon Skill or Ballistic Skill Test, reverse the order of the digits (e.g. a roll of 32 becomes 23, a roll of 20 becomes 02, and so on) and compare this number to Table 8–3: Hit Locations.

Second, with 38 WS, +10 from Ganging Up, I'm not sure about whether he counts as Surprised (+30) so I'll count it out, presumably a Charge attack so +20, and I'm not sure if he counts as Prone (+10) or not given he's being held up so I'll count it out, so the target was probably 68. Rolling a 4 means 7 degrees of success, so damage is 1d10+2+3, with the 1d10 rolled twice dropping the lowest roll, and a minimum of 7 (since you can sub the DoS in for damage rolled). Amusingly, the Best Craftsmanship Sword would have been 1d10+1+3 minimum 8, since Best Craftsmanship gives a +10 to WS tests using it.
As such, you're looking at at least 12 damage.
Ohcrap. Wait, let me rewrite that for extra brutality.

E: rewritten. Heh heh. Sorry about that - half asleep.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:46:19 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67